Interest check: Lowlevel superhero Cortex Prime

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 28, 2020 7:00 pm
I've got the Cortex Prime book and I've been interested for a while now in making a up and coming superhero game. You all would basically start from scratch, there's a few heroes around already, but you put together your team and fight crime, or save the world, or protect the neighborhood, whatever is most important to you.

I'd like to try to do this in the style of a TV show (over the top emotion, fairly limited power sets, drama) like Smallville, Roswell, Umbrella Academy, Defenders, Arrow, Misfits, etc... Kind of gritty, with real stakes, but not overwhelming dark or grim. We’d do the world building and character creation using the life paths and I’m pretty collaborative so we’d come up with the themes and the actual plot of the "show" together.

Is this interesting to anyone here? With enough interest and schedule permitting I may move forward with this.

I'm a relatively new GM so you'd have to be patient with me and I'm new to the Cortex Prime system.

Thanks.
Dec 28, 2020 7:05 pm
Yes, I'm 100% interested. I love this kind of game.

I haven't played the new Cortex game but the Smallville RPG is my favorite RPG, so I would love to try it.
Dec 28, 2020 7:11 pm
I had to look the Cortex Prime system up, hadn't heard of it yet but that's not strange as it's brand spanking new. If you can get the people together, I'll join up, it's only 25 bucks from their site.
Dec 28, 2020 7:27 pm
That’s great to hear! I’m only looking for a pretty small group, so if more interest is shown, we should get there.

Prime is basically a generic version of their rules from all of thier licensed games. So if you played Smallville RPG, then you’ll have the core of the rules.
Dec 29, 2020 8:48 am
I would love to play. I kickstarted Cortex Prime, but except a very short Marvel Heroic game, I've never had the chance to play Cortex.
Dec 29, 2020 1:52 pm
Hey great! I was just about to open a game and see who else wanted in, so keep your eyes open for it. It’ll be called River City
Last edited December 29, 2020 1:56 pm
Dec 29, 2020 2:19 pm
If you need a fourth I'd love to join. I had bought the digital Cortex Prime package (which includes all of the relevant book information, just online) offered by the dndbeyond group, as I've heard great things about it.
Dec 29, 2020 2:23 pm
Cool. Sounds good! Feel free to join up.
Dec 30, 2020 1:20 am
I'm interested. I might need help with the system though, as it's my first time reading it.
Dec 30, 2020 5:41 pm
If you need an alternate down the road, I'll sign up for the wait list. I was another KS backer of Prime, but have yet to actually play it, so this sounds fun!
Dec 31, 2020 2:34 pm
Sounds good. I’ll definitely keep you in mind.
Jan 5, 2021 10:31 pm
Are you still looking for players? I don't know the game system but would like to try it.
Jan 8, 2021 3:10 pm
We're pretty full for now. I'll be sure to reach out and keep you in mind if we need more or if I open it back up.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.