Games ending before they begin

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Apr 18, 2021 8:49 pm
HaterofSprites says:
I'm new here. Didn't know about this problem. Crazy wow.
I hope it doesn't scare you off. It's not an issue exclusive to GamersPlane, it's just something that happens in the hobby as a whole. A game composed of rando's on the internet makes it easy to flake.

That said, once you get a feel for it and find a few legit games, you start to get a feel for certain users (both to avoid and to join). GamersPlane feels like a closer knit community than others I've tried, which is how I ended up here.
Apr 18, 2021 9:03 pm
Ok gotcha, that's fine. I am gonna give it a go and maybe make a game. Thanks for the advice.
Jun 14, 2021 6:44 am
I've been on Gamers Plane for a long time but have never really had a good experience, but that's not an uncommon thing for Pbp games. Most games I've played don't make it past the first scene.

I wonder if a (positive) Karma system would work. GM and players get karma for reliably playing and running games. A player or gm's 'karma' could be used to judge if they were reliable.

With rating systems, low ratings can always cause distress, which is why I would favour something like an award system, where someone good give out a few points every week.

Thread locked