Interest Check: Villains & Vigilantes

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 11, 2021 4:59 am
Worked so well the first time, I thought I'd try it again. Would anyone here be interested in some super-hero role-playing? I can go one of two ways and if there is sufficient interest in one way over the other, then that's the path I will take.

1) Villains & Vigilantes 2.1, set firmly in the 1980s.
2) Mighty Protectors (V&V 3.0) set in an alternate 2021 (no CORONA).

In both cases, characters would be generated randomly, including attributes and powers set. Play what the dice give you and build the most interesting character that you can. So, any takers?
Jan 11, 2021 6:45 am
V&V 3.0: 2021
I like the idea of all the characters being rolled completely random and open for all to see. If this goes forward, I'd like to join in.
Jan 11, 2021 5:22 pm
I'm intrigued! What's your posting frequency expectation? I'm new to these systems, so would perhaps need a bit of guidance to get going, but the randomly generated stats sounds fun!
Jan 11, 2021 6:20 pm
I generally expect a post every two to three days. I will typically respond as often as the players do (except on weekends, which are busy for me) or if I'm busy at home (my wife and I are retired, but she is blind and I am her eyes). I will happily guide you through character creation if necessary, but with random rolls, much (but not all) of the decision-making is removed from the players (things such as gender, gender identity, and sexual preference are left to the player's decision, though I do have tables for such if you want to be completely random).
Jan 12, 2021 2:34 am
I'm willing to try something. I got a character concept from a superhero game that never took off, but i'm not familiar with the system. Are they easy to learn?
Jan 12, 2021 5:13 am
V&V 2.1 is actually a little easier to learn than Mighty Protectors, but MP is more flexible. Neither is terribly difficult. However, in this game, characters will be generated at random and you will try to make the most interesting hero you can out of what the dice give you.
Last edited January 12, 2021 5:16 am
Jan 12, 2021 6:20 am
Okay I played this a long while ago and enjoyed it then mind you I had randomly rolled a awesome power set and I was playing the villain side of the group we were just awesome well I was at least as I simply helped the other overt villains while I simply continued to be a covert villain due to my powers allowing me to operate as such.

But the system was pretty simply to play once the character was created. It be interesting to give it another whirl
Last edited January 12, 2021 6:33 am
Jan 12, 2021 8:47 pm
I know that RageRed expressed an interest in Mighty Protectors. How about the rest of you (those who are interested)?
Last edited January 12, 2021 8:48 pm
Jan 12, 2021 8:55 pm
I am copasetic with whatever although I know next to nothing about what the Mighty Protectors is about
Jan 12, 2021 9:20 pm
Mighty Protectors is Villains & Vigilantes 3.0. It's a new system that combines elements of Villains & Viglantes with Living Legends. It is point-based, though options exist for randomness. Roll a d20 and try to get below a certain number (usually your attribute saving throw).
Jan 12, 2021 9:58 pm
Oh okay so not V&V per-se but a newer version okay -- but is the random character generation still there -- I mean that was the pitch yes?
Last edited January 12, 2021 10:00 pm
Jan 12, 2021 10:02 pm
Yes. The random generation is still there, you just get to make a few decisions about how things work, is all.
Jan 12, 2021 10:14 pm
The game is afoot, for those who are interested.
Jan 13, 2021 12:02 am
Never played it but happy to try anything once.
Jan 14, 2021 1:07 am
If they are easy to pick up i'm willing.
Jan 14, 2021 3:25 am
Very easy to learn, once you get past character creation, which can be a little tricky, even in a random setup. Feel free to join us. And if you want a copy of the rules, they are on sale right now at DriveThru RPG. You might also want to pick up the Excel Character Sheet pack as well. It really makes character creation much easier.
Jan 15, 2021 7:14 pm
okay. just waiting for an invite

You do not have permission to post in this thread.