2.2 - Heyop

Apr 16, 2016 2:11 pm
The glowroad reflects a surrounding fog back at Heyop -- the light from the rod reflecting and scattering off the foggy particles unhelpfully. The air around Heyop is pleasantly cool -- but not moist. Standing, wondering about his sanity, Heyop considers his training. Has Hethan ever mentioned something like this? But, though he wracks his brain, nothing steps forward into his consciousness to explain what is going on.
Apr 16, 2016 10:48 pm
Heyop thought it was on the tip of his tongue but the more he thought about it the more it seemed to escape his recollection. With a sigh he looked around and thought of other options. He'd use his stronger skill set in the mean time and try to understand his surroundings. He hope the others were okay as well...

Rolls

Checking the area Perception (R1 Cunning 2)

3 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Advantage

Apr 16, 2016 11:31 pm
Heyop doesn't pick up anything in particular of note around him. But the fog moves slightly -- as if there is a breath of fresh air coming from up ahead. Seeing no other option in particular, he steps forward towards the fresher air -- or the inclination of it, anyway. As he moves the fog begins to clear and he finds himself walking along a short corridor -- an entrance behind him is sealed and ahead another door -- an upside-down trapezoid -- is closed about 20 feet ahead.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/Heyop-Door.png

To either side, three pillars line the short room each of them replete with writing and symbols of some sort.
Apr 17, 2016 12:49 am
Heyop inspects the pillars for the writing and symbols to get some idea possibly of what's going on or what he needs to do.
Apr 17, 2016 4:08 am
OOC:
how about a daunting (4 purple) knowledge roll?
Apr 17, 2016 7:53 pm
OOC:
knowledgeable? Heyop? I don't think it's xenology

Rolls

Uh this is a brain teaser? Uh... pass.

3 Success, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 4 Threat

Apr 17, 2016 8:41 pm
Heyop sees things that, surprisingly, tickle his memory. He's taken back to some of the time he spent studying what bits were available at the Dawn Temple on Spintir -- it seems much longer than a few weeks back now. The writing is old -- very old, and pieces of it fall into place. He's able to make out the words Jedi and Force. He sees also a word for emotion or attachment. What he can pick up is that he is in an old Jedi temple -- perhaps far older than the Dawn Temple. A word seems to describe its location.

Lothal.

Turning the corner, Heyop stumbles upon a corpse -- startling him immensely.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/Heyop-Pillar-Corpse.jpg

It would appear someone came here... and didn't leave.
OOC:
Take 2 strain and a setback die on your next action due to your gruesome discovery.
Apr 18, 2016 1:21 pm
Heyop finds himself lost in academic thought trying to piece together what this might be between not really being the best of students and the test of time wearing away at what he was looking at he's only able to pick up a few things. Moving around a corner has him drawing a blaster and pointing it towards a motionless body out of reflex. He exhales slowly putting way his weapon and inspects the body looking for identification cautiously. No soldier gets left behind makes him wonder if the phrase relays to Jedi and such... or was he down here alone?

"My apologies for this in advance. I know not your hardships in life and I will attempt to honor you in your death." Heyop states before he starts.
OOC:
Don't know if you wanted me to roll to search the body for a wallet for lack of a better analogy since it would use the SB die but that seems like a cheesy use of burning the SB die versus something that might be interesting or difficult, maybe for a lore roll on how to honor the dead Jedi. Heyop will attempt to look for any personal effects before he lays the body to rest.
Apr 18, 2016 6:05 pm
There are no meaningful personal effects... and as Heyop looks around (and before he moves the body) he finds it is not alone.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/Heyop-Pillar-Corpses-2.jpg

They seem to be in a contemplative repose -- and undisturbed for quite some time. It's as if they stayed here and wait, and waited, until they just... died.
Apr 18, 2016 6:53 pm
If he can't figure out who any of them are Heyop says a few words if he didn't know how to put the bodies to rest and press on.

He'd wonder what they were waiting for or if they were guarding something. Thinking things through didn't seem to be his strong suit. Hindsight though...

"Sorry you guys died. Well got to run this is creepy..."
OOC:
Heyop moves on.
Apr 19, 2016 12:03 am
Heyop turns to the door. As he gets closer, it opens to admit him. Walking through, he enters another cave system. The rock here is grey, rather than the reddish rock of the planet he remembers landing on. There is enough light that Heyop is able to look around -- and the pathway leads deeper in. Behind him, the door begins to shut -- a heavy grinding stone sound.
OOC:
I'm going to assume you press on. If we need to retcon something in case you want to head back out, we can.
With a loud thud, the door seals behind Heyop -- and he has little choice but to walk deeper into the cave. A few dozen meters ahead, after a few turns, Heyop finds himself in a room with three identical openings before it. Left, right and center.
Apr 19, 2016 1:18 pm
Moving through the area Heyop is faced with a decision, he'll inspect the arches of the door carefully since he knows any indicators or markings are already quite faded due to the test of time. He'll also smell the air from the various openings if he finds anything out of place he'll take it into account.
OOC:
Let me know if you want a perception check or if I have no idea if the paths are different in any way.
Apr 19, 2016 11:16 pm
OOC:
Feel free to roll - this would be 'hard' given the "obvious" identical nature of the openings -- and add a setback die. Alternatively you can accept that you don't see a difference and make a choice.
Heyop inspects each opening, but near as he can tell they seem identical. Even the wear of time -- like that crack there.. just above shoulder height on the left -- looks identical based on a cursory review. The air smells stale and dusty, there's no obvious inclination that one way leads to a fresher or different outcome than the others based on smell.
Apr 20, 2016 12:56 pm
After some time Heyop sighed, this was getting him nowhere, he didn't have the knowledge or insight to make an educated guess and he had no idea what had happened to the rest of the party, where they in a similar 'trail' could they be facing their weak areas as well? Pulling out a die he squatted and dropped it to the ground.

"Well if this works out well I'll have to tell Dagger I stole his shtick." Heyop mutters to himself standing and going to the...

Center

Heyop stood and started down the tunnel prepping for the worse but hoping for the best.
Last edited April 20, 2016 12:57 pm

Rolls

guess I'm going... - (1d3)

(3) = 3

Apr 20, 2016 11:47 pm
Heyop wanders partway down the cave through the center door when Dagger swings past gently knocking him on his shoulder. "What are you waiting for?" Dagger eagerly jogs down the the tunnel and around the corner.
Apr 21, 2016 12:50 pm
"For the rest of the group. You seen anyone?" Heyop states following on guard. Dagger had a tendency to poke trouble when it was comfortably sleeping.
Apr 21, 2016 4:11 pm
Heyop receives no answer from his colleague -- who has disappeared around a corner. As he gives chase to the reckless friend he is able to hear a strange hissing and humming sound up a head. There is the sound of struggle and Dagger's voice echoes wordlessly back to Heyop. Concerned about a friend in need, Heyop rounds the corner and sees a man dressed in black with a shimmering red sword standing over Dagger menacingly.
Apr 21, 2016 4:11 pm
Heyop receives no answer from his colleague -- who has disappeared around a corner. As he gives chase to the reckless friend he is able to hear a strange hissing and humming sound up a head. There is the sound of struggle and Dagger's voice echoes wordlessly back to Heyop. Concerned about a friend in need, Heyop rounds the corner and sees a man dressed in black with a shimmering red sword standing over Dagger menacingly.
Apr 21, 2016 4:24 pm
Heyop's Truncheon is in his dominant hand as he rushes forward mid stride (Quick Draw Talent) before he barks out orders and demands, "Dagger roll away now! Buddy stand down or I will sit you down." Heyop states if there is an indication of violent act towards Dagger Heyop will blur into motion to attempt to disarm the possible attacker before things escalate more. Quick Strike Talent if it looks like it won't end peacefully.
Apr 21, 2016 5:50 pm
Buddy looks over at Heyop and sneers. Keeping his sword -- is that a lightsaber -- at Daggers throat. Nearby there are other corpses on the ground -- shrouded in shadow, making it difficult for Heyop to make out their identity or their recency. Dagger stays prone and frozen beneath the baleful glare of his adversary.
Apr 21, 2016 6:05 pm
Heyop spelt several long moments poised to attack but in a stalemate of sorts. Would the stranger prioritize himself and give Dagger time to escape or would he outright kill him to see if Heyop would hesitate. If he had time he could have simply switched his blaster to stun and just got Dagger to through off the stranger. As time slowly dwindled by Heyop asked the odd question, "So what did he do to get under your skin? He can be a handful but he's for the most part a 'good' person." Heyop stated trying to push out his emotions hoping the stranger would relax or hesitate giving him time to get the weapon away from his friend's neck. If it was a lightsaber it would complicate things a bit he figured.

Rolls

Emotional Distraction.

2 White Force Points

Apr 21, 2016 6:43 pm
OOC:
Can you also give me a Disciline roll against 3 purple (fear check)
Apr 21, 2016 6:45 pm
OOC:
Sure. }=3
Last edited April 21, 2016 6:47 pm

Rolls

Discipline Check with the black die from before

3 Success, 1 Triumph, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 2 Threat, 1 Triumph

Apr 21, 2016 7:32 pm
OOC:
A triumph?! I guess you showed ME who has his head screwed on tight... Lemme mull this one over.
Apr 21, 2016 7:46 pm
OOC:
Did Heyop rub the Liger's belly and make him purr?
Last edited April 21, 2016 8:20 pm
Apr 21, 2016 8:57 pm
The figure with the sword -- surely it's a lightsaber -- does not move much. Heyop feels the Force flow through him as he projects his emotions using the light side. His words get a reaction, however, as the figure turns his head to look at Heyop as he closes the distance. The sword in his hand glows and thrums with a low bass -- it is an unusual and memorable sound.

There is a rumble and bits and pieces of the ceiling cascade down. Perhaps seismic activity? The corpses near Dagger and Buddy seem incoherent and irrelevant now. Heyop isn't certain he recalls seeing them in truth which bolsters his resolve that perhaps Buddy isn't as dangerous as he seems.

As Heyop steps closer the red blade swoops up from Dagger's throat to stop scant inches away from Heyop's face. Buddy puts a foot upon Dagger's chest to hold him down. "Afraid to strike me down?" Buddy asks. "Why do you not seek to rescue your pitiful friend?"
Apr 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Heyop stares down Bud before he talks looking at the blade on him "I try not to attack someone blindly until I know the full situation. Did he bump into you and try and take something off you and you noticed? Sometimes he's a little shady but you're right he is my friend and I'm not afraid to sit you down and give you some time to think. So get your damn foot on his chest since you're giving him an opportunity to pull out his knife and stab you in the leg since he's a little shady." Heyop stated pointing with his head towards his friend. If the distraction works since Dagger wasn't immediately in danger anymore or he goes into an explanation of what happened that still seems threatening Heyop will take the opportunity to crack Bud's knuckles with his weapon, hard to hold a light saber with a busted hand....
Apr 22, 2016 8:47 pm
The lightsaber doesn't wave from Heyop's face. He will be hard-pressed to dodge an attack should it come, but he manages to keep his nerve. Buddy, for his part doesn't spare Dagger a second glance, "The whelp is unarmed and pitifully incompetent in the Force. His death with be a blessing. A more powerful user would suffer far more greatly under the whim of my superior before finally succumbing to the dark side." The boot does not move.

Buddy considers. "What is your plan? Surely not to do battle against me with that stick?"
Apr 23, 2016 6:49 pm
"Dagger doesn't have to be powerful in the Force... he got a man to jump off a bridge knocking himself out just fine the old fashioned way, by being Dagger. I mean if I knew I'd heard wind of some Dark Jedi that tried to kill someone weak in the Force and didn't realize he might be subjected to prison rules I'd be scare and try and keep a boot on him too since he's dangerous and unpredictable. His death might be a blessing to you since you underestimate him. I really don't get this whole Dark side Light side thing though. Doesn't make you stronger or weaker... just makes you different." Heyop commented candidly seeing things aren't going as he'd hoped.

"Well I guess if I thought you were superior and I was sensible or at least fearful I'd request to apprentice under you or something, not really sure how that works, there would be a few years of hazing and psychological scarring I guess if what I've heard is true and you might show me something and train me, or keep me around as a running joke, or kill me on a whim whenever... Yeah... This stick is is looking pretty good don't you think? I mean with the stick I know my odds a little better, and if my friend there is unarmed and defenseless why do you have your guard up? You didn't search him for hidden weapons and you're nervous aren't you? It's okay man we all make mistakes right? I guess I could give you my stick here if you get your boot off my friend and let him go if you really want to just talk I don't mind being obliged to listen... Deal?" Heyyop admits wiggling the truncheon in his grip.

He might be ask good as he says but he can't split his vision, Dagger should have time to at least get away. And he can probably tell there's no way I'm going to just surrender outright without a deal or a negotiation... Guess he's stuck looking to see if I do something irrational and stupid... Man I wish Dagger would do something stupid that would be a good distraction... Guess it's my turn now though.

Heyop aims for the hilt and hand of Bud trying to rely on the faith in his speed and muscle memory for a rapid cadence to through off the man's pass.

"Dagger run now! Get to the others"
OOC:
Unsure how a called shot would be but trying to strike his hand/hilt and avoid as much of the blade as I can in the process to give Dagger room to move. What would the check be? PPPBB vs my Melee Quick Strike?
Apr 23, 2016 6:56 pm
OOC:
Called shot is an aim maneuver. Add 2 SB dice to your melee attack (e.g. don't get the boost from aim). So I think it's just PPBB - but this guy is a bit of a badass so attacks will upgrade by one. so RPBB
Apr 23, 2016 7:21 pm
OOC:
Yeah I think I want to use the Aimed Tactic to disarm. Considering the situation I'd like to flip a point to upgrade my check as well, hopefully Dagger has time to move away.
"Hhhhhhhng" Heyop grunts trying to beat out Bud with speed.

Rolls

Melee Cheeck (Bra 3 Rank 0 Destiny flip for upgrade) with Quick Strike II

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Apr 23, 2016 8:36 pm
Heyop's strike weaves about and lands true -- the lightsaber falls from Buddy's hand and there is a bright flash. When his eyes clear, Heyop finds himself in a room standing before three identical entrances. Left, center and right. Behind him, a pathway winds back and disappears around a turn.

There is no sign of Dagger, or of Buddy.
OOC:
Heyop takes one strain.
Apr 24, 2016 12:10 am
Heyop looks around putting away his weapon... well that made sense. Dagger just sitting there isn't very Dagger like. Heyop tries to figure if he's back where he was before.he went down the center path, if it looks the same he'll scratch an X in the right path and head down the path.
Apr 24, 2016 2:16 pm
Heyop walks along the right-ward path awhile. Its general feel and terrain feeling very similar to that of the center path. From time to time he glances over his shoulder, half expecting Dagger to come by again -- but that does not happen. This time, however, after a short walk he enters another scene. Someone who resembles -- but is not -- Buddy stands over a kneeling Urik, his gleaming black sword discarded nearby. Urik looks defeated and nursing a wound to his arm as he kneels before a ledge into a pit below.

The path from Heyop to Urik and his captor (let's call him Cap) is somewhat treacherous. A narrow ledge leads from Heyop's tunnel to the place where the others are. It does not appear that Cap yet knows that Heyop is here.
Apr 24, 2016 3:02 pm
Heyop blinks in the half second he breaths in he wonders if this is real or not? Is this like the Wolves? Exhaling he judges the distance trying to figure out how quickly he can get there. His hand moves to his holster. Did he plan on saving his friends everytime he thought they were in trouble regardless of if it was real or not? No one else was around so he was that guy. Besides... what would happen the time he thought it wasn't real and something happened?
OOC:
Looking to see how far it is and if a shot is possible, also how close does it look like Urik is on the pit edge to fall in?
Apr 24, 2016 4:11 pm
OOC:
A shot is possible. Urik is rather close to the edge and looks weak, it appears Cap could give him a quick shove and ditch him overboard.
Apr 24, 2016 11:22 pm
Heyop weighs the options in his head and they don't look good whatever way he thinks of taking this scenario. Exhaling he preps for the shot, as soon as hopefully tags his target he'll bark out for Urik to roll to him if he wants to live and starts the mad sprint towards Cap.
OOC:
Aiming and using Quick Strike Rank II don't know how much extra to add in for the difficulty so feel free to roll it after the fact for me if there's extra besides PP

Rolls

Blaster Light Check w/ Aiming and Quick Strike Rank II

3 Success, 5 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 4 Advantage

Apr 25, 2016 2:16 am
OOC:
Replacing your dice with mine -- I did some reading in Inquisitors last night. Woo nasty!

New roll nets out at failure (0 success), 3 advantage and a despair. *rubs hands together*
Heyop quickly fires off a few rounds -- but before he is able to get too many shots in the air, the gun kicks back. Empty. Ahead the inquisitor appears to sense the inbound rounds. Urik is given a casual kick and goes sprawling over the edge with a wordless scream and the red lightsaber of the inquisitor flashes repeatedly as close shots are casually deflected into the cave walls.

He turns to look at Heyop and smiles. "Well, well... was that worth it? It must make you so angry. Yes -- I bet it does." He kicks Urik's sword off the ledge after the departed boy and turns and walks away, disappearing out of sight around a corner with a passing, "Yes, embrace your rage..." just before he is gone.
OOC:
Do me a favor and make another 3P Discipline roll?

Rolls

Medium range - upgrade difficulty 3x

3 Failure, 1 Threat, 1 Despair

Total: 3 Failure, 1 Threat, 1 Despair

Apr 25, 2016 12:35 pm
Heyop moves towards the area in a sprint pulling rope from his bag looping it off on anything he could find before tying himself off before getting ready to climb over the side.

"I'll embrace my rage and chew his ass off once I find him alive..." Heyop mutters to himself.

You can't die on me yet kid... Heyop thinks to himself
OOC:
Did you let Keleth know the Despair logo doesn't show up? Also if I can I'd like to spend my three advantage from before to see Urik stuck on an outcropping, conscious or not but a ways down.
Last edited April 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Rolls

Discipline Check

2 Advantage, 2 Threat

Apr 25, 2016 1:11 pm
OOC:
I'll do slightly different - especially since you failed your fear roll.
Heyop moves forward, looking for a place to secure his rope. There aren't a lot of great options that fill him with confidence as he looks around. He fishes his rope out of his pack and casts about urgently for a place to secure it, focused on the task at hand. Heyop is duly startled, then when a bloody hand clasps his shoulder.

Spinning in surprise, nearly losing his own footing in the process, Heyop comes face to face with a bloody and battered Urik. Urik looks at Heyop for a long moment before saying, "Another failed test means the temple will not release you. You will wind up a dusty corpse, like the masters you saw outside."

The shock of seeing his friend pushed casually to his death...and then to come face to face with him is a bit overwhelming. Heyop suffers a setback die on all rolls until the end of his trial.
Apr 25, 2016 1:44 pm
Heyop stumbles backwards looking at Urik... No not Urik. Like Dagger it looked like his friend but definitely wasn't acting like it.

Heyop searches his pack for a stimpak, "There's worse ways to go... I should have been dead a few times over already. At least it's quiet here and no animals will be dragging my corpse around for food or fun." Heyop admits eyeing Urik2 "So you're probably not Urik, he's be more moody and angry about well... everything I figure." trying to choke down the fear in his voice wondering what he would have told the others if Urik had actually died. "So do I need to use this on you or not... are you actually even hurt? Actually who the hell are you really?"
Apr 25, 2016 1:50 pm
"You should do what you think is right, of course."

Before Heyop can chime in on that one Urik adds, "Break the cycle of violence. You must let go." In a blink Urik is gone and a voice echoes around the cavern. "Trust in the Force."

Heyop finds himself, a stimpack and rope in his hands, in a room with three identical exits.
Apr 25, 2016 2:00 pm
Heyop sighs rubbing his temple with his free hand before stowing his rope. Once everything in his kit is stowed he looks around for a rock to sit on and meditate on that.

"Too bad the real Urik isn't that Sagely..." Heyop jokes to himself.
OOC:
Outside the mechanics of my force powers I think but I'd like to try and push my emotions out... about being split up, being worried of the others, fearful when I see them in danger even if they're turning out to be fakes, angered, saddened, and the emotion of the bond between our rag tag Jedi party of sorts. I'd also like to push out we don't do things the way Jedi did in the past and that's okay. Mostly pushing out my emotions of the trail so far and faith that we're capable of surmounting the odds against us, together or separated. We all have our own ways.
Apr 25, 2016 2:04 pm
OOC:
Do you want a mechanical roll to see how well you do that, or do you want to just roleplay it? I'm good either way. If you want a mechanical roll, do an average Discipline with a setback -- add a Force die and you can use white pips as success. If you wanna RP it, then -- well RP it. :)
Apr 25, 2016 2:35 pm
OOC:
Seems kinda hooky... RP route.
The cave falls silent soon besides the sound of Heyop's breathing which slows over time as he calms and centers himself. Reaching out with the force and his latent ability to project emotions he pushes out the turmoil of mixed emotions he's been through since they touched down on planet. Snippets of scents, sights, and sounds filtered into emotions flood out searching out the others. Feelings of worry when they were split, fearful each time he saw one of them in danger in his own trails, anger that they tested him by hurting his friends and calling them week, saddened by the thought he couldn't always protect everyone or help them. This emotion leaves a pit in his stomach remembering the battered Urik half dead staring back at him with eyes that had seen many deaths like his not the eyes of a young man full of confusion and hate trying to find himself and his identity.

He inhaled deeply before he pushed through all these things and the emotions and let them settle and accept it not deny them. They were apart of him and he accepted it. He pushed out finally a feeling of warmth... Faith... Hope... Faith in everyone's abilities, Dagger's uncanny luck and recklessness, Csillag's voice of reason and caution at times, Kaveri's hunter instinct and bloodlust, Urik's passion and his rage. They weren't a cohesive military unit, they weren't the Jedi the Holocrons at the Temple were use to. They were just people living their life and trying to do good a little at the time. They might stumble but they rarely lost their way. Heyop had forgotten that once they had split up. They weren't just hear to find crystals they were here for something more. What it was and the full impact it would have he wasn't sure. He had faith and knew they would accomplish what they needed to all the small things and worries wouldn't be ignores but they should fixate on them.

Heyop opened his eyes slowly and stood shouldering his pack. Recharged spiritual he didn't have any delusions things would be any easier but there were things they had to do, things he had to do.

"Time to get to work..." Heyop stated aloud to the group unseen and to himself in a way as he looked for a new path to forge forward towards the goal and the others.
OOC:
That seemed cheesey so: For a laugh Click.
Last edited April 25, 2016 2:36 pm
Apr 26, 2016 12:24 am
Heyop instinctively walks through the left-hand, and last door for him to try in this room. He finds himself in a small domed room -- it is dark, but in the center there is a blue circle which glows with an otherworldly luminescence. In the center of the circle is Csillag. Kneeling. Behind her stands Cap once more. "Ah. A third friend. How will you fail to save this one, jedi?" The last word is spat out like a epithet.

Heyop recalls Urik's words after the last trial and his encouragement to break the cycle of violence.
Apr 26, 2016 1:02 pm
Heyop looked around the area, it was different than the rest. Looking to Cap he shrugged his arms going behind his neck as he stretched, "Well we've tried that already twice and it didn't go so well, it's kind of my knee jerk reaction though so I guess now will be a chance to try something different." Heyop commented rubbing his chin with the palm of his hand. He realized he needed to shave.

"So I've been looking around and immediately see someone in danger and I go to defend them. And I fail to save them. You constantly stated them to be weak and in truth I've probably been thinking the same for some time, that's why I rush to 'save them'. But in truth do they really need saving from you? By me? If they were really helpless wouldn't I be finding them stuck trying to stick their hand in a crevice or on the ground in a heap from tripping over their own feet and such? Are you really just trying to get me to start looking at the big picture maybe? What's really going on instead of falling into a normal routine of being a soldier where I look for enemies to kill and objectives to be taken, disabled, or destroyed? My friends aren't me and I'm not them but I guess in the end I think they'll be alright... Now I think I should probably try and look at the big picture now and figure out what's really going on here." Heyop theorized before hooking the glowrod to his padded vest and putting both his hands out empty with his palms out.
OOC:
I disbelieve! What do I roll to use the force to discern reality (In Dungeon World this is 2d6 + Wis Bonus)
Apr 26, 2016 3:59 pm
OOC:
Not sure, tbqh -- but you could use discipline -- and roll a force die and use white pips for success.
Cap looks at Heyop and says, "Ugh. I see the inclination for moralizing and mindless chatter hasn't died out with the Jedi." Nonetheless, he does not move and Csillag remains subdued.
Apr 26, 2016 4:12 pm
"And you seem to be just as surly as my old drill sergeant to be honest." Heyop counters.
OOC:
Added the Set Back Die you can roll the P&Rs since I'm unsure how hard this is.

Rolls

Discipline Check

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Black Force Point

Total: 3 Advantage

Apr 26, 2016 9:30 pm
Heyop attempts to see through what is before him, but it remains stubbornly present and real. His mind replays the words, "break the cycle of violence". Heyop realizes he faces a puzzle that demands he free his friend without resorting to violence.
Apr 26, 2016 10:14 pm
Wait... is he staring at me without blinking? Is he smirking? Heyop thought to himself.

"Uh so you don't really like to do small talk and I don't reall do a good job of it. I don't think I'm suppose to resort to violence... so you uh... Want to make a deal?" Heyop finally stammers after a long awkward silence with a shrug and attempts to smile.
OOC:
I'd like to use my three advantage for a boost die against this salty old guy. You can roll the difficulty.

Rolls

Negotitation Check

4 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 2 Advantage

Apr 26, 2016 10:22 pm
OOC:
Noted -- I may or may not use the roll. Let's see how this pans out.
"What kind of deal, precisely?"
Apr 27, 2016 12:35 am
I probably should have thought about that first... Heyop thinks

"Well I'm not sure what you are. Are you a Holocron testing people that are worthy or not worthy but definitely not Jedi? You don't like to talk it seems but well you talk a lot, you haven't actually done anything really evil in truth either. I could let you know about the empire and how they'll killing off all jedi it seems if you like... But I think you just don't like small talk... with people you think are incompetent I take it. If you like arguing and you're not bound here I can get you someplace you can talk to an academic or militant Jedi. I don't know what you want really, it's cold, dark, and humid down here, you have anything you're looking for?" Heyop offered.
Apr 27, 2016 12:50 am
As Heyop speaks, Cap shakes his head in disbelief. "I am no holocron. I am an Inquisitor. I hunt down and either subdue Force users for the use of my master, or I slay them. I might be willing to trade one relatively weak in the Force with one who has shown more... spine. Even if the other one has been a little slow of the mark. I'm sure my master would prefer a more... resilient subject. The others tend to die."
Apr 27, 2016 12:14 pm
"In that case let the lady up and on her way. She has better things to do than deal with you." Heyop states, "We all die eventually Inquisitor. I wonder though do you fear it?"
OOC:
Attempting to push every memory of the emotions of death from being a soldier, seeing animals mangled from failed poachings and almost dead from illegal hunting where they didn't bother with the dying.

Rolls

If you've seen what I've seen (Using Influence)

1 Black Force Point

Apr 27, 2016 2:28 pm
OOC:
For clarification -- what do you mean by 'push'? Are you trying to put the negative emotions in to Cap? For context -- if you draw on the dark side of the Force to do that (which is the only way to do that) you'll get a Conflict point, and it may be considered by your test to be contraindicated to draw on the Dark Side while you're being tested. :)

For some more context -- Heyop is being tested in his assumption that he can act to make everything alright all the time and get to a just outcome.
Apr 27, 2016 2:38 pm
OOC:
Influence is an odd power I think but I figure Heyop influences others emotions using his own experiences to imprint emotions, happy (fluffy slightly drunk like state), depression sadness (pit in your stomach), etc. Hmm I'm okay with the conflict point and the repercussions, I have a follow to RP once I see the results.
Apr 27, 2016 6:21 pm
OOC:
Ack - Influence is odd. To clarify -- are you attempting to send negative emotions to a practitioner of the Dark Side? From a system standpoint it's important to differentiate between 'positive' versus 'negative' emotions here. I will state that feeding despair or fear into a follower of the Dark Side feels a little like empowerment. :)
Apr 27, 2016 6:24 pm
OOC:
I guess I did.
Apr 27, 2016 6:29 pm
OOC:
OK. I'll try and get an update up this afternoon. In meeting land right now.
Apr 27, 2016 6:33 pm
OOC:
No worries, as long as my test doesn't have you pouring a double Scotch... since you're at work. XD
Apr 27, 2016 11:38 pm
OOC:
Ok. I've done more reading. If you want to use black force pips for negative emotions then you (or black force pips, period) you need to flip a destiny point (an easy thing) and take strain for each black pip you use. I'm going to continue under the assumption you'll proceed.
Apr 27, 2016 11:42 pm
OOC:
Ok. Did more reading. Really all you can do with the basic power is cause strain. It looks like you need the first Control upgrade (10XP) in order to have a chance to have someone adopt a different emotional condition or /believe/ something.

I gotta admit the whole Force power thing is confusing how they've built it. The basic powers seem well nigh useless. So I'm going to take back the destiny point and ask for clarification. Are you attempting to cause strain (1) to the guy? if not I can roll with some narrative elements here, but from a game mechanics point of view there's nothing major that has occurred from your usage. does that make sense?
Apr 28, 2016 12:23 pm
OOC:
I guess I'll rewrite up my next RP can we had wave the force useage out then since it seems kinda half dead sparkler?
Apr 28, 2016 12:51 pm
"I got to be honest with you, I figured you were like me in a way; a soldier... maybe high ranking though but from what you say I got to admit though you sound like more the worst and incompetent officer I've know. You find and recruit or kill Force users? How does that work? What's the requirement? Natural talent? Self taught and mildly competent." Heyop stated in disgust.

"Those you don't think know enough latently you what? Kill? And your Master he just tortures them or trains them depending on his mood? How is that any good? What happens when he finds someone more adept than you? Are you out? Killed? Is he waiting for you to try and challenge him? Your organization and structure at least to me makes no sense... There's no Rank and File really and morale is solely based on the whims of what seems to be a mad man or a spoiled child! You two aren't recruiting for the 'Dark Side' you're committing genocide to me it looks. It doesn't look like you're trying to win really with this strategy against the Light side since it hurts you just as much as makes you feel superior. Is your only option to now figure out how to train and grow potential that isn't easily seen or available for what you want but to just kill if it's not easy? Is that what you're promoting winning and gathering forces if it's easy? That's poor leadership and speaks to mental issues to me. Do you even really think you two can win in a battle with this ideology? What's the point? After killing off Force users foolishly and blindly eventually there won't be any more, not for you to battle or deal with I mean existing period that includes you. I've seen a lot of death and hold in a lot of hurt and emotions, I take the good with the bad. I don't use it to lash out and throw a tantrum most of the time and make myself feel superior by spreading pain and suffering to others. So if you're real I got to say we probably won't be friends but I can't totally hate you. I don't know what happened to you in your life or what your Master did for you to turn out with way or if it's just you but you need help but I do feel sorry for you, you might be chosen by your Master but in a way I don't think he's training you really because you don't seem to be living up to probably your potential or thinking for yourself. You probably don't hear this a lot but... Inquisitor... you need help." Heyop stated chasticing the man a look of pity and disappointment on his face as he grew silent.

"You can state my friends are weak, hell to be honest I feel weak at times too. You may not admit it but you probably feel the same as well at times. Doesn't mean others are stronger at the time... just different. That doesn't mean I'm going to sit by and watch people do the wrong thing for what they think is the right reason. So if you're going to strike down anyone who stands up because they don't agree with you and you're too foolish to open your eyes to what you're doing well.... My name is Heyop I'm right here, reminding you to wake up. You can strike me down but there's always going to be somebody to stand up and remind you. Right now, right here, it just happens I'm the guy doing it." he states staring down the man throwing his hands out and away to the sides looking to see what the man would do.
Last edited April 28, 2016 2:28 pm
Apr 28, 2016 2:22 pm
Cap stands stoically through this tirade. "And that, is why the jedi are extinct. Always lecturing and never realizing the power that the Force provides them. Happy little mewling sheep adhering to their mistaken code rather than using the Force to free themselves from their shackles." He kicks Csillag to the floor and waves her away with his saber.

"The Dark Side is far simpler and far more powerful -- because we don't have to spend years debating with one another if it's appropriate to go to the bathroom before we go." Csillag gets up and wanders away -- silently -- disappearing into the edge of darkness that has fallen in the room. Cap gestures to the center. "Come and kneel, boy. I will secure you for transport to my master and you can learn the value of your idle chatter about values."
Apr 28, 2016 2:44 pm
"Well now that Csillag is safe I don't think I'll be doing that or trying to comply with you." Heyop states watching her go, unsure if it's real. "The power the Force is a tool, it matters how you use it in the end, if you think the code hinders I guess you forget it tempers as well. You make it sound like the Dark Side is easier but that doesn't always mean it's better or right. Considering your Master might just up and kill you next week doesn't speak volumes of Job Security to me either. And yeah sometimes you should probably look before you leap and think about things, unless the Dark Side is a bit delusional... or mostly based of teenage angst. Actually that explains a bit about Malefax... You are implying the fact you have values too though. So besides making yourself look good and kicking the legs out from under others and possibly being mentally dysfunctional... what can you and your Master really teach me, how to be a better person? Well probably not, how to use the Force when you feel like it? How to toot my own horn about what I do and how I'm great? I never really saw the point to that last one though. I do think in a different life I could very well have ended up like you if I felt I was weaker and took shortcuts to get around things... granted you could have been like me also though if you just knuckled up and bore the brunt of your burdens in life but since you claim to be 'far superior in the force' I guess you'd probably state you'd be better at being good too though. You don't really want to talk but we've been talking a lot it seems and you run away every time I attack you so what are we going to do? Agree to disagree and go our separate ways? We're going to just butt heads it seems either physically or verbally over ideology and stalemate. So what do you want to do besides request me to submit which you probably figured out I'm not doing since I don't see the point and you refusing my request for you to change which you aren't doing it I guess since it's not easy." Heyop asked with a shrug.
Apr 28, 2016 4:06 pm
"Then you will fail your test and die here."
Apr 28, 2016 4:12 pm
The figure is no longer in the room -- it is no longer dark and the blue circle that once was in its center is now gone. A little dust shakes from the ceiling due to some sort of seismic jiggle.
Apr 28, 2016 4:14 pm
Heyop shrugs, "Well I guess it's been an okay run then. Grunts gotta die sometime."
Apr 28, 2016 4:38 pm
Several moments pass -- and Heyop's stomach grumbles a little. It's been awhile since he's had the luxury of a meal, or a snack, and this has all been somewhat stressful. Distracted as he is by his own thoughts, it takes him a moment to realize he now shares the room with some dusty looking old people.

One is a human female, another is a cerean male and the third appears to be a mirialan like himself. They sit in a wide semi-circle with Heyop at the center.

The human says, "Stubborn. Unbending. Does this not make him brittle?"

The cerean male replies, "It may. It's not clear if he's learned anything from his time here."

Both look to the third - the mirialan female. The human asks, "Luminara?"
Apr 28, 2016 4:45 pm
The mirialan pauses to consider. "I recall a time where my own stubbornness nearly led to my downfall. A young padawan was insistent in her efforts to aid me, and these saved my life. We must be careful in our tests, Setele, that this one is not judged for doing right too harshly."

The human female nods. "This is true -- but he knows nothing. He must understand that the Force does not bend to his will, but that he must hear it and move with it. His arrogance and stubbornness can lead him down the path of the Dark Side if he does not understand that he must be open to receiving guidance -- and not just interested in giving it." She smirks and looks askance, "Or debating it to death."
Apr 28, 2016 4:47 pm
The sound of a wrapper opening can be heard as Heyop pulls out a less that tasty slightly gritty food bar from his bag. Mentally he reminds himself it's fuel not food as he chokes down the possibly sand and stone based food stick.

"Uh... Hey quick question... are the others okay? Also I kind of learned something but stating what I think I learned will likely not make you less stressed about me." Heyop offers up looking expectantly at the three.
Apr 28, 2016 4:56 pm
The cerean considers, "It would seem then, that I sit in judgment between these points of view." Heyop's question is considered. "I'm afraid we do not know what has become of your friends. They may sit on the cusp of failure and death. The Force does not test you without consequences." He returns to the matter at hand, "This test -- which you may have failed in spirit, but perhaps not on technicality is not yet resolved. This temple is known for the test of bonding -- it tests whether you can forgo your bonds and act in a universal best interest. Can you sacrifice the bond for a better outcome? Can you sacrifice yourself for those who need your help?"

He considers, "It is not clear that you can do this. Your sense of self-preservation and righteousness is concerning. These lead into the passion of heated argument. This passionate anger is the first step down the Dark Side. You are dangerous now. You sit at perhaps the most dangerous time for you with respect to the Force, and the test is unclear if you appreciate the risk and can submit to the will of the Force."
Apr 28, 2016 5:09 pm
Heyop listens and oddly feels like he's before an appraisal board back in the military finding himself locking up into a position 'at ease'.

"I've lived most of my adult life as a Grunt, and I still unfortunately think that way most of the time. I've learned from these past few months... I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to the Force. It's complicated to feel when it's not just based on Faith and what you can normally touch and study. That being said I guess I can understand what you're saying... except for the whole 'bond', which is probably bad considering that's the whole point of this place. Do you mean you want someone to stay here with you or a link to other people. I think I can make sacrifices for others but the best outcomes don't always happen I can state from experience but I'm kind of worried about the others. So how about this if they're going to fail and die could you just uh.. just fail them? I'll take their place for the rest. Also my apologies for asking but are you people ghosts?" he states.
Apr 28, 2016 5:36 pm
"The bond we speak of was traditionally between a Master and his Padawan. Over the years this could be a very deep bond - but the Force encourages us to be cautious about our emotional ties -- and this place is known for its ability to test than bond, and specifically the ability to let it go." He gestures to himself and his colleagues, "We have each been a Padawan and trained them. There comes a time where you must be able to do what is right, even at the risk of losing yourself or someone with whom you have a bond. Setele's own master was struck down as she fled to provide a warning to the Republic thousands of years ago. Had she stubbornly stuck with her master, the impact to the Republic could have been far more dire."

Letting that sink in, he adds, "If you are ready to sacrifice yourself for the others -- why did you not do so when offered that chance in your three tests? We have no control or impact on the fate of the others. Their fate is their own to manage. As to what we are -- consider ourselves a way for the Force to interact with you."
Apr 28, 2016 6:04 pm
Hethan Romund. Would she be considered his Master? She couldn't actually 'see or feel' the force. Considering the example given he'd done the opposite to save her.

"Hostage situations are always a gamble." Heyop states, "In the first situation I moved to buy Dagger time, as well as in the second scenario with Urik. I don't know much of lightsabers but does diving on a weapon really slow down the user much to then kill the hostage like picking up food with a fork? The odd thing about these tests was the hostages not trying to break free and flee when there's an opportunity. I know each of these people and for better or worse they value their life. Was I suppose to dive at their attacker and take the hit? Given the clue to not take a violent path I tried to talk things out... that just stalemated and to be honest I've spent the last several years mostly just talking to myself or animals so I don't think I'm the best at it." he explains running a hand through his hear shaking his head.

"I don't see the point to sacrifice myself or getting myself killed if there's no benefits to me, or peace of mind the others are safe. Unfortunately it sounds more like you would have preferred me to attempt the idea of self sacrifice first without weighing if it would do any good or if it was the best option." he shakes his head trying to figure out what they're really trying to tell him.

"Misguided altruism is just as dangerous as delusional righteousness the latter being what the 'Inquisitor' spoke of." he adds.

Heyop was confused but at least glad they weren't ghosts.
Apr 28, 2016 6:18 pm
"The inquisitors do not act from a sense of righteousness. They act for power and victory. They believe that using the Force to gain power sets them free of their bonds -- but there is always a Master of the Sith who manages the puppet strings. The freedom they believe they gain is an illusion. They are slaves to the Dark Side and its desires. Because they follow a path that allows them to do what they will in the service of victory -- they believe they are free."

"The third test was explicit - you were asked to give up yourself for your friend. It appeared you agreed, and then backed away. This is what causes some consternation with you, young one. In the other tests, it was not apparent that you weighed any option beyond violence."

The mirialan, Luminara speaks up. "A jedi must sometimes take risks upon herself in order to enable the greater good for the outcome. We sought evidence that you understood that."
Apr 28, 2016 6:32 pm
"Yeah his whole ideology made me wonder if he was more shell shocked than I use to be." Heyop admits as they give him sagely advice. He blinks with the questioning of his lack of self sacrifice, "You guys... sorry and ladies... didn't actually want me to get myself killed and/or tortured after my friend was free of danger did you? That's sounds more like just giving up. Yeah doing something in the heat of the moment is kind of my knee jerk reaction, thinking too much usually isn't my strong suit."

Heyop scratches his head for a bit.

"Yeah I guess I don't understand. After my friend was free and running away getting captured and killed I don't see who that benefited... Well maybe the inquisitor. Did he have a quota of people he needed to bring in? Or was I suppose to be more reckless about my personal safety to save my friends each time... Is...uh... is that the bond?" Heyop states seemingly more confused as he talked.
Apr 28, 2016 6:44 pm
"Reckless, no. Selfless, perhaps. Choosing to put yourself at risk for others -- trusting in the Force is a critical step towards greater understanding." Setele offers.

The lone male asks, "Why would you seek to walk the path of the jedi?"
Apr 28, 2016 7:25 pm
"Hmm I kind of know but I guess I kind of don't. I kind of just rushed off from my job when Romund, my mentor... well she's not really a Jedi and she can't use the force... my friend was in trouble. Turned out the guy who kidnapped her was a Dark Jedi I think, he wasn't very nice. Anyway we defeated him, err me and the others here and saved our teacher... friend. Meet a Holocron, I thought he was a Ghost, that's why I asked you guys, helped him along with the others rebuild the temple, find another of the Holocrons he knew of one the planet. Came here looking for crystals, the second Holocron seemed at odds we weren't really even Padawans since we really didn't have formal training... also surprised we didn't know a lot about crystals or lightsabers. In any event I kind if figured Jedi are the people that try and do good things, I thought I could do that but it sounds like from what you're telling me maybe I don't have what it takes. Sometimes you're not facing something with a blade or blaster, sometimes you're the barrier. Regardless of if I pass this test I should probably still try and do some good though I figure. That kind of ask your question or not really? I guess I'm kind of wondering that myself a little."
Last edited April 28, 2016 7:25 pm
Apr 28, 2016 8:16 pm
"What are good things? No need to ramble, young one."
Apr 28, 2016 8:35 pm
"Help people and learn things I guess if you want the short answer."
Apr 28, 2016 8:42 pm
"Help what kind of people, exactly? The Empire has lots of people."
Apr 28, 2016 8:46 pm
"Hmm I guess like with Romund, helping people that were kidnapped or helping people that people like Malefax wanted to kill. Sometimes help animals that are in a rough way and being tortured... That sort of thing."
Apr 28, 2016 9:48 pm
The cerean nods and he and Setele fade from view, Luminara stands and walks over to Heyop. She takes his hand and opens it. "You have long been just a grunt - but no jedi is a simple grunt who must follow orders. Your talents will enable you to be a general among men if you see fit to walk down this path. Be mindful of the Force and how it guides you."

She drops into Heyop's hand a small blue crystal. "We have decided. You time of trial is past. Be careful of your future - you are in a dangerous point in your career as a jedi. The risks of the Dark Side are many and it well tempt you." As Heyop looks down at the crystal it flashes blue -- and when his eyes clear, the woman is gone.

Heyop stands before a large contraption:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/forge-small.jpg

Although largely unaware of his surroundings -- and focused on the item ahead, Heyop feels the warmth of the sun overhead. He's no longer in a weird, dusty old temple. Birds are audible -- but not anywhere nearby. Sitting before the contraption, Heyop feels guided by the Force -- as if Luminara's hand was helping shape his movements and thoughts. His blue crystal rises slow and tumbles gently as it moves to the center of the contraption. Arrayed nearby, Heyop is able to sense the various components necessary to build a lightsaber. He feels the Force flow through him and although the options are not unlimited, Heyop is able to shape and build the device that best suits him through his manipulation of the Force.
Apr 29, 2016 12:56 pm
Heyop nods thinking as she explains things. The change of scenery and sounds of nature put his mind at ease. As he works almost automatically he still wonders what has happened to the others.

I'm kind of surprised she didn't smack me in the back of the head... Heyop mused to himself.
Last edited April 29, 2016 12:57 pm
Apr 29, 2016 1:35 pm
OOC:
do you want to describe what you are building or happy with "generic lightsaber?" Once you are done I'll lock and I pin and drag you back to the main thread.
Apr 29, 2016 1:51 pm
OOC:
Is there somewhere I can look for reference? Like the corebook?
Apr 29, 2016 5:05 pm
OOC:
Yah -- the CRB has some options on modifications (which I'll be open to depending on how much is being asked for...) another option is this build a saber website. It can give you a sense of what it might look like. For example, there is:

this lightsaber I threw together

Apr 29, 2016 6:16 pm
OOC:
These all look pricey (over Heyop's life savings) and I might need to make a check to mod. I think I should just 'kiss' in grunt fashion and go with a generic blue light saber for now.
Apr 29, 2016 6:28 pm
OOC:
:) ok.

+20 XP - for accomplishing a major life event.

additionally, the Forge has given you insight into how to use the Force to move items. You now have the base 'Move' Force power.

Locking and unpinning thread. Let's re-meet in the main thread.

Thread locked