Interest check: Sci-fi

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 13, 2021 12:38 pm
Hey guys, I got a couple of Christmas ghost-ing-s on a game I'm running and we decided to have a go at recruiting some extra players.

The game’s setting is Alpha Centauri and it will span as far into the original game as players are interested.

The story so far is that Earth was dying, humans threw a rocket into the nearest habitable planet they could find and hopped for the best. The colonists were frozen for 40 years and woke up to find the colony ship broken and overshooting the target, with all sorts of dodgy stuff going on inside. Still, they survived and made it to the surface alive on a colony pod. They started looking around (a scientific expedition to survey the land for fertile soil and a rescue mission to a crashlanding site), but decided to return when they noticed they couldn't contact the base. As far as we decided, there is about to be some "personality clashes" as the colony continues to struggle on the new world.

Looks like a lot, but not really much happened :D
The system is a homebrewed d6 pool type of system. I’m a fairly inexperienced GM so if some things are not working I have no problem adapting the rules to make it work better.
Jan 13, 2021 10:35 pm
Oh wow I played SMAC a lot back then. And I'm a big sci-fi fan.
So count me in ;)
Jan 14, 2021 10:04 am
Great! Welcome Scrol :D
I'll send you the invite
Jan 14, 2021 6:07 pm
I'd be interested to find out how the Sid Meier video game version translates to an RPG. Where could I find the RPG ruleset? Not sure if I have the energy to actually play another game right now but that could change after I've looked at the rules.
Jan 16, 2021 9:14 am
I oversimplified just about everything, so you can't find those for this game :D
But there is a ruleset for GURPS. It is out of print so I think it won't be cheating too much if you google the "magic words"
Jan 21, 2021 12:34 pm
Anyone else looking for a sandbox Sci-fi game?
Jan 21, 2021 1:47 pm
Did you just need someone? I'll be your Huckleberry if needed.
Jan 21, 2021 2:56 pm
Hey Remnant! quick question: are you familiar with the setting (no problem if you aren't)

I should probably add the link to the game :D
Last edited January 21, 2021 2:57 pm
Jan 21, 2021 6:27 pm
genre yes, PC game and lore no.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.