Recruitment for Tiny Dungeon 2e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 16, 2021 7:44 pm
It took a while for the people of Nairn to trust you. You showed up in the coastal town 5 years ago, looking harried, obviously trying to escape something by hiding in this out-of-the-way place. The villagers are good people and didn't pry, but they knew.

Over time, you made a home here with your comrades and showed yourselves to be good people too. The village collectively made up its mind to not worry about your past, too grateful for all the help you provided.

But now, that past comes calling. The kingdom you once swore allegiance to has expanded its borders to include Nairn. With your back to the sea, there is nowhere further you can run. Soon, the king you betrayed will know where you have been hiding.

New GP member here, wanting to start up a game of Tiny Dungeon 2e. Tiny Dungeon is a minimalist RPG utilizing the Tiny D6 system. There is very little crunch, and this game of mine will focus heavily on a cooperative narrative. This will be my first time DMing any game. So I am looking for players looking to create a great story while being patient as I (and maybe the players) learn a new rules-lite system.

As of right now, I am looking to fill one more spot. As is the nature of PBP games, however, players falling off early is definitely a possibility so I will pull from this thread to replace any players. So even if the game fills, leave me a comment here and I will consider you should any spots open up.
Jan 16, 2021 8:03 pm
Rules lite sounds good for me right now. Will admit I eyed the game, and concept sounded interesting but thought I would hold back in case there was any other interest. But hey if you do need another player I'm up for it.
Jan 16, 2021 8:21 pm
I played in a tinyd6 game on here before. The rule system was very light and therefore pretty well suited for pbp. It was a bit too light for me (and that's coming from someone who ran a fairly long-running Lasers & Feelings game here a long time ago) but there's definitely worse systems to pbp in.
Jan 16, 2021 9:48 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I played in a tinyd6 game on here before. The rule system was very light and therefore pretty well suited for pbp. It was a bit too light for me (and that's coming from someone who ran a fairly long-running Lasers & Feelings game here a long time ago) but there's definitely worse systems to pbp in.
That's funny because a Lasers and Feelings hack was what I was originally planning on starting a game for but then I came across TD recently and it spoke to me a little more. I think I gravitate towards rules-lite games because my favorite gaming group is my wife and kids. My wife and I have no time to prep anything and the kids are still a little too young to have an interest in DMing so I grab something that we can pick up and go with.

Although my 10-year-old daughter and I did play a game of Roll For Shoes recently and she said afterward she wants to run me through a game of that so maybe it is almost time to pass the DM mantle.
Jan 16, 2021 10:09 pm
My intro to DnD and then DMing was my parents joining up with another player in their group who had kids about the age of me and my sister and starting a second group. Us kids would taking turns 'Dming' while it was actually a designated parent listening to what we wanted and building the dungeon and helping us.... this may or may not have lead to a Pokémon themed dungeon and my poor dad homebrewing Pokémon into 2e.

But yeah aiding her in her first dungeon, if she accepts it, could be good.
Jan 17, 2021 8:54 am
I've had no experience with Tiny D6, but I'm always up for trying new systems. I'm currently down to a single ongoing game on GP, so I have plenty of time and attention for something new. Colour me interested. :)
Jan 17, 2021 3:14 pm
Currently have a full group. Kadeton and anyone else who expresses interest I will keep in mind if we need any spots filled later.

Thanks!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.