Node E - Just Around the Bend

Apr 17, 2016 10:18 pm
Here's the basic set up. The players get ported to a cliffside track approaching a bend. They can only see What's directly in front of them for now (#1). As they drive their gators up the track, the begin to see something amiss, a dangerous element that seems only barely passable (#2). They see they have a choice, they can go for the dangerous option or something else just out of site (#3). They see the greater, or at least equal of two evils (#4).
Apr 17, 2016 10:42 pm
That's just the basic set up for what could be a couple of nodes and how to set them up dynamically. In my head, I had to stop drawing cause I was gonna keep on going with:

#1) a silver dragon's corpse with the throat ripped out hanging from a slaughter hook chained to its leg. We can hear the sounds of explosions and cold whooshs the lower the sounds around them.

#2) We see a fat princess, huge beyond measure with long thick arms, grabbing a dragon by the muzzle in one hand, free leg in the other, biting the neck out of a dragon, eating it's dragon breath sack and the tender neck meats that surround it. Tendrils of smoke and flickers of dying embers flit out of the surprised eyes of the wyrmling gold dragon. Blood runs down the fat princess's dress.

#3) You can see a conveyor of dragon slaughter hooks, each with their own metalic dragon, spitting out it's breath weapon in consternation as it struggles against fate, wings pulling dragons in different directions to no avail. There is a ramp along the path of the driver that crosses the path of the dragons. If one had the correct tool (Evil magic sword item from location B or good magic spell item from location C) they could free the closest dragon to them during the jump. They will only get one change to jump and save them.

#4) Or they could go around the ramp, avoid the dragons entirely, and raid the pile of dragon's breath glands that the princess spits out into a bit of a "boneyard" or "pit pit".

The players can only go up over the ramp or down into the pit pit.
Apr 19, 2016 12:27 am
http://i.imgur.com/FQLddlB.png

I did an overhead view and realized even more info could be gleaned if you wanted.
Apr 20, 2016 12:27 am
I feel like I want the Pit to be framed as a "Coward's Option." The players see the (secondary threat), choose to forge ahead, see the (primary threat). At either point they can bail out, getting the "Coward's Option."

They'll definitely survive the tumble down the rocky scree of the cliffside, with nothing more than a few scrapes and bruises. And that greenish murky smog down in the gully doesn't look too poisonous, it can't be worse than what's ahead. Of course, the coward, having abandoned the choice to forge his path by will and be the master of his own fate... is now at the whims of wherever this wretched rut may lead him...
Apr 21, 2016 2:56 am
I like the feeling of forward movement! The first view should be sufficient unless you have enough to fill all the different slots in the overhead one, although I guess they don't all need to be unique. The players might need something egging them on from behind so that they only have the bare minimum of rounds to make their decision. Landslide? Or somesuch. Also, the 'correct tool' thing means we're gonna need a baseline rule about what can and can't be taken with players across the -scape boundaries. Items that they can reasonably carry, sure, but there's bound to be edge cases. Possibly only specially-designated ones?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.