Greetings and Salutations

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 18, 2016 11:03 am
Just got on and thought I'd say hi!

I've been playing DnD for almost 10 years now, with my current party with 10 PCs. Was involved in the Faerun RPG while that was up and was excited to learn of a similar, but much livelier, community here. Can't wait to get into a game!

As a forever DM, I think I'd rather play for a while but who knows, I might start getting the itch sooner or later....

I think tat sums things up nicely,

-Genisisect
Apr 18, 2016 11:28 am
Welcome! Think you're going to want to start out with DnD first or explore your options? And your current party... 10 players or 10 PCs? Because if 10 players, DAMN. Even 10 PCs must be hard to balance well; you have to face hordes of monsters or stuff levels above!
Apr 18, 2016 11:52 am
10 players. We're currently on 3.5, so I found that what seemed to work there may not be generally aplicable, but I just literally ensure each encounter has essentially 2 level appropriate encounters. Works surprisingly well, and allows for a good range of difficulty based on the synergy I give the two encounters, I prefer a more story based game though, so don't do combat too often (good thing too as it can take a whole session to hand some encounters).
Apr 18, 2016 11:56 am
Though I do run 5e for my other groups, and will probably move this group over when we finish this campaign...
Apr 18, 2016 12:55 pm
Welcome!

10 players...jeebus. You are a beast, my friend. I barely made it work with the 7 that was in my original group...
Apr 18, 2016 6:02 pm
Welcome !

Whow. 10 players is impressive ! I go mad when I reach 7 or 8...
Apr 18, 2016 6:38 pm
Welcome to the site and enjoy man!
Apr 18, 2016 11:34 pm
Hello and welcome.
Apr 18, 2016 11:37 pm
Hail and well met!

10 players sounds insane. No thaaaank you.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.