Lancer: Far-Flung Adventures

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 26, 2021 4:12 pm
Alright, this is the fifth time, let me see if I am brave enough to do it this time.

I would like to run a Lancer campaign involving a Far-Field Team.

The team makes a discovery that has a chance to change the whole galaxy.

All they have to do is survive.

---

The planet Astaroth was recently re-discovered by the Third Committee. This arid world is covered in three things: canyons, ruins, and warlords.

Of particular interest to the Union are the number of technological ruins on the world's surface, and the planet's unusual spire-shaped moon.

Of particular concern to the Union are the warlords. They don't appear to be seriously armed, but who knows what they may have found from the ruins...

----

All the players would need to be members of the Far-Field team, though many specialties exist under that umbrella. (There are also options for Astaroth natives as well.)

I'm going to take this into some non-cannon setting territory, but it should fit into things.

This is also my first time running a PBP and my first time running Lancer.
Jan 26, 2021 5:24 pm
All of my yes.
*edit*
I didn't read any of it, but lancer is good enough for me.
Last edited January 26, 2021 5:25 pm
Jan 26, 2021 10:48 pm
I'm not familiar with the setting, but i would like to try a Lancer game.
Jan 26, 2021 11:11 pm
I'm interested, but feel free to give priority to someone else if they're champing at the bit.
Jan 27, 2021 12:22 pm
I already have one, so you can put me in the "low-priority" just like saevikas, but I would be happy to join !
Jan 27, 2021 3:00 pm
TheVagrant says:
I'm not familiar with the setting, but i would like to try a Lancer game.
The Lancer setting, at its core, is pretty simple. It's a more hopeful future than a lot of sci-fi games, with enough issues to give players something to do.

The players are generally Lancers, basically members of armored cavalry that use 'mecha with skills a level above that of the average person. (Note that while the rules are mecha focused, the setting seems to imply that, unlike the Battletech universe, mecha aren't the only real combat unit.)
Jan 27, 2021 3:59 pm
For those curious about the setting and lore of Lancer, 11Dragonkid has made a series of videos about the lore.

I'd be up for this, but I'm already in a Lancer game, so call me secondary picks if you need extra players.
Jan 27, 2021 5:57 pm
Yamazaki says:
For those curious about the setting and lore of Lancer, 11Dragonkid has made a series of videos about the lore.
I'll second that, his videos are short and quite fun, on top of being informative !
Last edited January 27, 2021 6:03 pm
Jan 27, 2021 6:07 pm
@ToDream I've read the rules and created character twice (for games that didn't lift off). And look forward to discovering the rest :)
Feb 1, 2021 3:12 pm
I've invited everyone who has show interest.

I'm a little nervous, but let's give this a try.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.