Magical Maztica - 5e looking for more players

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 29, 2021 7:47 pm
We are 9000 posts in after 5 months and down to 4 players. I could use two more to join us for a 2 years long campaign. We are half way through Act 1 of 3.

The gods walk the land but Faerun invades with Helm's Silver Order and the Spider Queen. This is a reboot of the 3e story of IronHelm. One of the character's is a warlock of Uhti, the Mistress of Darkness, and is also the unascended goddess of love, Kiltzi. A Green People prince aspires to the throne of Nexal after the Viperhand has wiped out the Jaguar Knights. A paladin pirate is pursued by his former captain from whom he incited a mutiny. She is a Vampire who intends to steal the chalice of the gods from the First Man, but the pirate and the warlock, who have fallen in love, are charged to do the same thing, and the elf prince covets it as well for his own political purposes. Meanwhile a mountain Goliath is prophesied to slay all the gods, as he bears a vampire sword. A host of NPCs try to undermine the Silver Order's invasion or crush the monsters or defend against more bold acts of the First Man, the original vampire. The gods fight each other in a power struggle in the vacuum left by Qotal and the distracted Zaltec. The party follows a Lightning wielding and bagpipe playing dwarf and an Eagle Knight to right the Pyramid of the Gods and restore Maztica's divine pantheon against Mother Death and foreign Helm. How can the party do all of this together? What will become of Maztica? Why does insanity creep in around every plot twist?
Last edited January 29, 2021 8:08 pm
Jan 29, 2021 7:58 pm
Sounds interesting! I'd love to join a long-running campaign. I'm not familiar with the setting, though. What level characters and basic guidelines?
Last edited January 29, 2021 7:59 pm
Jan 29, 2021 8:10 pm
We are 7 lvl and follow loosely Maztica Alive's 5e conversion of the classic 3e setting in FR. Magic comes from the gods, so is setting specific, but I allow any character and race within reason.
Jan 29, 2021 8:21 pm
Awesome! I’d love to join if you’ll have me.
Jan 29, 2021 8:21 pm
Sounds like an interesting endeavor not overly versed in Maztica but very well versed in the Forgotten Realms so the bad guy side of this campaign (not that I would play a bad guy not my venue) but very good at improvising and playing roles so could see being one perhaps a bit knowledgeable about the bad guys maybe. Still will discuss this with you if accepted.
Jan 30, 2021 12:40 am
9000 posts in 5 months is a lot! Congrats on your active game 😊
Jan 30, 2021 8:12 pm
bowlofspinach says:
9000 posts in 5 months is a lot! Congrats on your active game 😊
Oh, we've slowed down to a sane, handful of posts a day now. I was running 5 subforums at once and doing 6 hours stints of continuous posting on Saturday nights. You tick up the meter fast that way.
Jan 31, 2021 3:22 am
I'm very interested as well. Would love to play a martial character leaning heavily into the Aztec flavor of the setting. I can do multiple posts a day.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.