Other Racers

Apr 20, 2016 12:27 am
https://cdn1.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/002/379/777/large/jean-baptiste-monge-weasel-jbwip-for-mag.jpg?1461034612

These dudes are the Snidely Whiplash of the race.
Apr 20, 2016 12:29 am
LOLy fuck I love them. I want to be them!
Apr 20, 2016 1:08 am
So these guys definitely need to be a node. Maybe they set a trap, and then you have an outright confrontation? Trap ideas?

Falling stones is oh so form-fitting. Oh! and then you see them cackling maniacally from the cliffs above and rushing off ahead of you! While you have to clear the path/go-around! Only to face them again in a later scene!
Apr 21, 2016 2:47 am
o_o That is an amazing picture.

If you want to use a falling-stone trap, the Titan's Goblet could make a good setting for their node. "The gnomes of Titan". Racing them to an objective at the top, maybe?
Apr 21, 2016 2:52 am
The weasel can climb and swim. How will the players get their chariot to the top? Maybe the choice is between means of conveyance and what they're willing to sacrifice to beat the weasel. Phrasing.
Apr 21, 2016 2:58 am
Multiple routes up at varying levels of difficulty? A faulty lift, a narrow path, a cave network, climbing...
Apr 21, 2016 3:05 am
I like that too. d6 Hazards table for each of the three/four options up the cup.
Apr 21, 2016 3:05 am
Climbing is difficult for gators.
Apr 21, 2016 3:13 am
That's what the Manhandle Animal skill is for.

The outer paths at least would also need to worry about the gnomes interfering in addition to other hazards. Possibly not in a cave network, which could make it initially more attractive, but then there would be more dangerous hazards in there.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.