The Curse of Strahd - One Player Opening

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 20, 2016 12:19 pm
We've had a player fall asleep (inactivity), and so we've got an opening. Still level 1, and just at the very beginning of the adventure.

I have a preference for players that are familiar with 5e, but am willing to teach. Also, if you've played Curse, then please don't apply. I'd also prefer a player that hasn't read or played the classic Strahd modules (but that's not as bad as having read/played Curse itself!).

Post interest here, and I'll open a slot then invite you.
Apr 20, 2016 12:59 pm
I'm interested, but I wanna hold off right now. If no one else expresses interest by this evening, I'll happily join. :)
Apr 20, 2016 1:08 pm
I tweeted out, so let's see if someone joins up!
Apr 20, 2016 4:21 pm
I'm in Biscuitfiend's Ravenloft game. If that's okay then you've got your player.
Apr 20, 2016 4:23 pm
So what we've seen in Biscuitfiend's game isn't much of a spoiler for this one.

EDIT But! They do mutually spoil a little bit (so much that, if Biscuit restarts the game someday, I'm probably going to step out because GMing Cures has given me intimate knowledge of Strahd's castle).
Last edited April 20, 2016 4:24 pm
Apr 20, 2016 4:29 pm
I've been hoping to get into a 5e game, and this sounds great! But I'm expecting life to be a bit hectic for the next month or so, so I don't think it'd be best to commit to another game. If you find yourself needing another player down the road, hit me up!
Apr 20, 2016 5:51 pm
I'm available if you still need 1 more player.
Apr 21, 2016 12:47 am
Alright, so Jabes or fernymerk. Let's go for the egalitarian option- how many active games are you a player in (a game is active if, say, you posted in the game within the last week)?
Apr 21, 2016 4:04 am
As of now 1. Part of 2 more that will be starting up soon, but as of right now only active in 1.
Apr 21, 2016 6:38 am
I concede to fernymerk. Have fun! :-)
Jul 11, 2016 2:19 pm
Looks like we might have another opening... I'm going to recruit just in case we have an inactivity drop-out, but even if the player sticks, I'll keep the new recruit.

Still level 1, I like it if players try to post once daily, but in reality our pace is more fluid (sometimes it's really fast, and sometimes we go a couple days without a post - but as long as you *check* daily, and try not to let combat get hung up on waiting on your post for 2-3 days. Mostly, I just like my players to let me know when their ability to post will be limited by travel or what have you. If that's true of you, then you're a good candidate!). Post here if you are interested, and let me know how many games you're currently in. Later tonight, I'll take the interested player with the fewest active games.
Jul 12, 2016 7:11 pm
I'd love a chance to join! New member to the forums but familiar with the system. One post a day is also very reasonable for me; I could easily provide more. I'd be very grateful for any chance to join an official product campaign.
Jul 13, 2016 12:08 pm
Solid, we'll you're in then. Start rolling up a level 1 character, I've invited you to the game :)
Jul 13, 2016 12:17 pm
I'd be up for playing, I sent a access request if you get another opening
Jul 13, 2016 12:25 pm
Candi says:
Solid, we'll you're in then. Start rolling up a level 1 character, I've invited you to the game :)
I just got to work, but I will have something all set by this evening and ready to submit for approval. Thank you for the opportunity!
Jul 13, 2016 4:19 pm
jonleepettimore says:
Candi says:
I just got to work, but I will have something all set by this evening and ready to submit for approval. Thank you for the opportunity!
You can accept the invite before having a character ready :) Once you've got it done, I'll see about getting you in the game ASAP.
Jul 13, 2016 4:20 pm
TonyG says:
I'd be up for playing, I sent a access request if you get another opening
Cool, I only have one opening at the moment, but if another one becomes available I hit you up first!
Jul 14, 2016 1:47 am
Hmm, some of the people here are on my 3.5 Expedition to Castle Ravenloft game converted to Pathfinder... I don't know how much the adventure changes from edition to edition, but wouldn't that possibly grant some unfair knowledge on what is to come is one game or another?
Jul 14, 2016 2:48 am
kalajel says:
Hmm, some of the people here are on my 3.5 Expedition to Castle Ravenloft game converted to Pathfinder... I don't know how much the adventure changes from edition to edition, but wouldn't that possibly grant some unfair knowledge on what is to come is one game or another?
Yeah. That'll give fore knowledge of Curse of Strahd... so if you're already in a Castle Ravenloft game, you may find yourself spoiled on late game Curse.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.