The Siberys Crisis: D&D 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Len

Feb 12, 2021 10:20 pm
https://i.imgur.com/1plGw3P.jpg

The continent of Khorvaire has enjoyed 4 years of fragile peace after a hundred years of war and suffering. After the destruction of the nation of Cyre, open hostilities have ceased but a cold war continues in its place. Factions vie for supremacy in the name of survival and power.

The ultimate prize is to reach the very heavens themselves. Various factions - nations, houses, universities, secret societies - vie for the prize to reach the stars. At stake is direct access to The Ring of Siberys, the orbital ring which surrounds the planet of Eberron composed of shards of pure magical energy. The occasional shards which have fallen to Eberron have been the source of much wealth and strife, and some of the most powerful arcane technologies on the continent are powered by these shards.

But what if you could travel to the Ring of Siberys? Any nation that could do this would claim a near-infinite supply of Siberys Shards. What's more, cosmologists have detected shards a hundred times larger than the biggest shards ever to fall to Eberron. What miracles are possible with such resources? What army could stand against a nation thus endowed?

THE SIBERYS CRISIS

Because of these high stakes, tensions have risen the closer that nations and factions get closer to succeeding, until reaching a fevered pitch as the Nation of Karrnath was the first to put their vehicle in orbit - The Aurora. Karrnath's necromancers overcame many of the problems associated with travelling above the sky by crewing it with Undead and drawing power from the darkness of Mabar, Plane of Shadow, which is in ascendency.

However, Karrnath has lost contact with their ship under suspicious circumstances. As they mobilize their military in preparation to retaliate, the people of Khorvaire hold their breath and pray the world does not slide back into war again.

THE MISSION

The PCs are 7th level characters who are the crew of a rival agency. In an effort to avoid war on the continent, your faction has decided to rush the launch and send your team on a rescue mission. Recover the Aurora and its crew if possible, determine its fate if not.

Players will decide what agency they work for - are they barnstormers from smaller civilian organization like Morgrave University of the Clifftop Adventurer's Society? Or do they work for one of the Five Nations like Aundair or Breland? Perhaps they work for the Dragonmarked houses themselves. The more powerful the agency, the more resources you'll have at your disposal but the more strings will come attached.
GAME DETAILS

Post Frequency: 1/day
System: D&D 5e
Level: 7th
Character Considerations: Your character should be somebody who has The Right Stuff, somebody with enough training and prestige to be worthy of a mission of this importance. Generally of the heroic bent.
Allowed Sources: All published WotC sources with all character optional features from Tasha's turned on. Also including any character options from Morgrave Miscellany and Exploring Eberron.
Expected Length: a 'One Shot' game that will aim to end around July.
Feb 12, 2021 11:10 pm
I would like to see the dragon marked houses in play. Perhaps even be one
Feb 12, 2021 11:23 pm
Sounds super interesting! I'd love to join an Eberron game.
Last edited February 13, 2021 10:28 am
Feb 12, 2021 11:37 pm
I was trying to cut down but really can resist have Eberron game.
Feb 13, 2021 3:00 am
*Lol* I would LOVE an Eberron game! Count me in!
Feb 13, 2021 3:41 am
Sweeeet. I’d join this for sure.
Feb 13, 2021 3:59 am
I haven't played an Eberron game before, but I'm very keen on the setting. Not sure how many players you're going for, but if there's still space, I'm interested!
Feb 13, 2021 4:46 am
I wouldn't mind in this. I think I've never made it past 4th level in 5e. *cries internally*
Feb 13, 2021 4:36 pm
Have room for one more ?

Len

Feb 14, 2021 7:21 pm
Thanks for everyone's interest in this game. It was very hard to select the crew from the list of excellent players that applied, but I'm going with a mix of discord and GP applications: 78RPMLife, CancerMan, annex, Schad Dad, Runekyndig, and HeroAmongMen. If I run this one shot again I'll be sure to give priority to anyone who applied and didn't get in this time. Game forum will be set up on Tuesday!
Feb 14, 2021 8:14 pm
Awesome, thanks man!
Feb 14, 2021 8:37 pm
The Space Race begins!

Len

Feb 17, 2021 12:27 am
All players have been invited now. In case you don't see it, here is the game details page to accept the invitation: https://gamersplane.com/games/2988/
Feb 17, 2021 12:30 am
Best of Luck Lenpelletier.

Len

Feb 17, 2021 12:33 am
Thanks Gene, I'll get you on the next one :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.