Rangers of Shadow Deep, anyone?

Feb 16, 2021 1:46 am
Hey gamersplaners!

So, as I have had less and less time in my life to play, much less plan, full blown rpg campaigns, I have started looking to skirmish wargames and the options and viability out there for using th at gaming-medium to simulate or paralleling the rpg hobby...

This search brought me ultimately to Rangers of Shadow Deep.

It's a skirmish wargame, yes, but it is designed to be played cooperatively - so, you're playing WITH your friends not AGAINST them, and it's scenarios and missions follow a serialized campaign structure, and focus on storytelling and atmosphere, in addition to clue finding (along with the standard treasure hunting, murder-fest).

Anyone else here have the game?

And now that I'm dabbling in it IRL, I've of course also started wondering about it's viability for PbP...

:P
Feb 16, 2021 2:01 am
Yes I have it and it inspired me to make scenery and paint minis. It's well done and fun to play. I didn't know anything about PbP at the time, but maybe.
Feb 16, 2021 2:40 am
Nice. I like minis, but I hate painting minis... and so one of the things I liked about it was that it wasn't all stuffy about minis like Warhammer can be. But I did get more interested in terrain (even got some foam carving tools 😳).

You do not have permission to post in this thread.