D&D 5e for new members - Storm Lord's Wrath

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPrivate1 / dayAdam

Nestled in the rocky foothills of the snow-capped Sword Mountains is the quiet mining town of Phandalin. You'd be quiet too if you'd been attacked as often as Phandalin.

Phandalin's Miners Exchange has come under the control of Waterdeep's Most Trustworthy and Totally Legit Guild of Assayers and Scrutinizers. The Guild has sent you out to protect their interests in this small frontier town. Why are six heavily armed adventurers needed to manage an office? No reason. Don't worry. It's totally legit.
This game is for players who are new to Gamers' Plane, and no experience with D&D 5e is necessary. I've chosen Dragon of Icespire Peak as it's a pretty laid-back introductory adventure for 5e.

You won't need anything more than the free D&D basic rules. If you have the Players Handbook, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, or Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, then you can use those too.

To apply to this game, either post in the Games Tavern Thread or click on my name and send me a private message.

Feb 19, 2021 11:26 am
https://i.imgur.com/Pjw5RaD.jpg

Nestled in the rocky foothills of the snow-capped Sword Mountains is the quiet mining town of Phandalin. You'd be quiet too if you'd been attacked as often as Phandalin.

Phandalin's Miners Exchange has come under the control of Waterdeep's Most Trustworthy and Totally Legit Guild of Assayers and Scrutinizers. The Guild has sent you out to protect their interests in this small frontier town. Why are six heavily armed adventurers needed to manage an office? No reason. Don't worry. It's totally legit.
This game is for players who are new to Gamers' Plane, and no experience with D&D 5e is necessary. I've chosen Dragon of Icespire Peak as it's a pretty laid-back introductory adventure for 5e.

You won't need anything more than the free D&D basic rules. If you have the Players Handbook, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, or Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, then you can use those too.

To apply to this game, either post here or click on my name and send me a private message.
Last edited May 22, 2022 4:52 pm
Feb 19, 2021 11:32 am
Can guarantee you you're in good hands with this DM. If you're interested in DnD, go for it !
Feb 19, 2021 11:40 am
Rattila says:
Can guarantee you you're in good hands with this DM. If you're interested in DnD, go for it !
I second this
Feb 19, 2021 12:42 pm
Rattila says:
Third!
Get onboard folks you are in for a treat. Adam is a really good pbp GM. But I can't vouch for his table manners :D
Feb 19, 2021 1:48 pm
I am applying to your game here.

I have limited experience with D&D 5E. I am new to this gaming site. I can meet the one post per day requirement. I have access to all books noted in your description. I am avoiding spoilers regarding the module online.

I have not yet began character creation. Outside the noted point buy or standard array instructions for attributes, are there any particular adventure requirements or group needs to consider?
Feb 19, 2021 2:02 pm
Hi Doom. I'll invite you to the game now. No evil or NSFW characters is all that springs to mind, but we can chat about it in the game threads.
[ +- ] Inviting players with short names
Last edited February 19, 2021 2:11 pm
Feb 19, 2021 2:11 pm
Adam is a fantastic DM, and I am jealous that you guys get to go on an adventure with him. Enjoy!
Feb 19, 2021 4:01 pm
Great accolades, DM, I'd like to play if you have room?
Feb 19, 2021 4:39 pm
I'm not new to Gamers Plane, but I am new to D&D. I'd love to play if that's cool.
Feb 19, 2021 5:25 pm
Sure. That's cool. Invite sent.
Feb 19, 2021 7:43 pm
I'm neither new to this site nor to D&D but if you have any problems getting players interested, I would love to play. Haven't had a good duel with a dragon in a long, long time. I'm retired so won't have any problems meeting a daily posting schedule.
Feb 20, 2021 12:23 am
Hi Aldrusian,

I'm trying to keep this one open for new members so they can get a game.

Cheers,

Adam
Feb 20, 2021 1:40 am
Hey! I finally got my account approved (I’m from Reddit)! I don’t have any books, nor do I have a character, if that’s ok. I’d love to join if possible! I can do the post per day limit though I am new to this site and DnD
Feb 20, 2021 2:02 am
Hi. I’ll add you to the game now.
Feb 20, 2021 9:48 am
One of the best on GP as your DM highly recommended!
Feb 20, 2021 1:09 pm
Awww shucks - you'll have me blushing.

There's still room in this game for a couple of new GP members.
Feb 20, 2021 10:07 pm
Get in there guys! Adam is a fantastic DM... Really helped me in my first game (and others since!)
Feb 20, 2021 10:22 pm
Hey! Just saw this, and I hope you've room for one more player. I'm new to GamersPlane and fairly new to DnD as well, I would love to join!
Feb 20, 2021 10:26 pm
Hi. Sure, glad to meet you. I’ll send an invite now.
Feb 20, 2021 11:53 pm
If the invite doesn’t arrive then you can apply here.
Feb 21, 2021 1:36 am
I would be interested in joining if you still have room. I am fairly new to GP (been around almost a month) and have a basic knowledge of 5e.
Feb 21, 2021 11:27 am
Sure. Happy to invite you.
Feb 21, 2021 4:53 pm
https://i.imgur.com/fTEvmie.pngAdam is not only amazing as a DM, he is also a consistent and regular poster, which is very important in PbP. You guys are in good hands!

I have no hesitation in giving Adam my "no ghost" endorsement.
Feb 21, 2021 7:56 pm
I wonder if I should try to pass myself as a new member given the reviews 🤔
Feb 21, 2021 8:01 pm
Who is this CESN? I have never seen them before in my life.
Or played a multitude of games and talked a whole bunch on Discord with them. I'm sure I would remember that.
Feb 23, 2021 3:25 am
If you have room for one more, I'd love to join in!
Feb 25, 2021 5:42 am
I maybe too late but if there is still a chance I don't want to miss out because I didn't speak up. I'm interested in joining your game. I'm more of a storyteller than a gamer but willing to be corrected and adjust if you're willing to be patient as I learn both the site and how you like to run your games. Thanks for your consideration!
Feb 25, 2021 10:16 am
CherokeeWind says:
I maybe too late but if there is still a chance I don't want to miss out because I didn't speak up. I'm interested in joining your game. I'm more of a storyteller than a gamer but willing to be corrected and adjust if you're willing to be patient as I learn both the site and how you like to run your games. Thanks for your consideration!
I'm sorry CherokeeWind, but the game is full now. If any players drop out then I'll be sure to let you know.
Feb 25, 2021 2:01 pm
Any chance the game will be visible to the public? It might be fun to read along with the adventure.
Feb 25, 2021 2:12 pm
Dude! For some of these players, this is their first D&D game. I'm not going to add to their pressure by making them perform for your entertainment.
Feb 25, 2021 2:46 pm
https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPJPKs1LruiAR7bA4/giphy.gif

I was actually trying to pay you a compliment because your adventures are fun to read, but when you put it that way I understand your concerns and how new players might not want randos on the internet reading their role-playing.
Feb 25, 2021 3:19 pm
Please contact me if a slot does open, Adam. Although I only hope that everyone has a great adventure without any outside drama that would cause anyone's exclusion.
Feb 25, 2021 3:28 pm
CherokeeWind says:
I only hope that everyone has a great adventure without any outside drama that would cause anyone's exclusion.
Thank you. Although that sounds like code for some sort of a bad experience.

I don't think I've seen "outside drama that would cause anyone's exclusion" on GP. Although I've been on lockdown for months, I'd forgotten that there was an outside.
Mar 3, 2021 8:07 pm
I am new to Gamers Plane and also new to RPG's in general. I am new to D&D. I would be very interested in joining. Is the requirement 1 post a day? I would only be able to post Monday to Friday. I would not be able to post on Sat or Sun.
Mar 4, 2021 7:03 am
Hi Jtharrison,

Firstly, welcome back to GP! You created your account in 2016 and haven't had a game yet? Man! That sucks.

I really wish there was still room in this game, but unfortunately, it's full.

But don't wait another four years; stick around and keep an eye on the Games Tavern - D&D games come up all the time.
Mar 25, 2021 7:55 am
Assuming the mimic doesn't cause a TPK then another spot has opened up in this game. You'll be starting at level 3.

Post here or PM me if you're interested in joining. New GP members only, please.
Mar 25, 2021 11:53 pm
I am interested Adam am enjoying Candlekeep Mysteries, let me know please
Apr 2, 2021 5:41 pm
Dotting interest in playing. I haven’t participated in any games on here, but have some experience on the Paizo forums. As far as 5.0 is concerned, I’ve played a couple games but not many. Hope to have some fun here!
Apr 21, 2021 2:03 am
I am new to 5e, I halve always played 3.5.
Would like to play just need help with 5e
Dec 23, 2021 5:50 pm
Icespire Hold

In possession of the legendary sword Wyrmdoom, our heroes make their way to the dragon's lair.
This game is recruiting for two replacement players.

You'll be joining the party at level 5 for the final part of Dragon of Icespire Peak. There's an opportunity for your hero to continue their adventure after this chapter, as the party embarks on the Storm Lord's Wrath follow-on module.
Last edited December 23, 2021 5:56 pm
Dec 23, 2021 8:37 pm
I would be interested in joining. Not at all familiar with the adventure, but always enjoy a good D&D game.
Dec 23, 2021 8:50 pm
I’m interested as well. Sounds like a good adventure.
Dec 23, 2021 9:39 pm
I'll stand ready to join with guy who really wanted to be a paladin, but no god would hear his oath, so he became an artificer to emulate the divine powers with the skill of men.

But I stand in the back of the line, making room for new players or players with few ongoing games.
Dec 26, 2021 1:18 pm
Cheers, Tim and Runekyndig. The game is full now full again.
Last edited December 26, 2021 1:19 pm
May 22, 2022 4:52 pm

Our heroes have defeated the dragon Cryovain and been rewarded with lands and titles in the town of Leilon - but if those titles are to be worth anything the town needs to be rebuilt and held.

Our heroes have driven off dark cultists who covet our heroes' town but know that the dark ones will soon return bearing The Storm Lord's fury.
We're looking for one person to join with a level 7 character.
It's a reasonably slow game, about 4 posts a week.
They have a fighter, a wizard, a paladin and a cleric.
You'd be a renowned hero who has also been given land and a title in Leilon - arriving to find that they are expecting imminent trouble.
No experience of 5e or PBP is needed. A pre-generated character can be supplied.
Last edited May 22, 2022 4:53 pm
May 22, 2022 8:57 pm
I am interested and would happily bring in a rogue to round out the party.
May 23, 2022 4:41 am
Verrain says:
I am interested and would happily bring in a rogue to round out the party.
Cool. I look forward to playing with you.
Mar 30, 2023 8:47 pm
It took a little over two years, one dragon murder, one baby goblin adoption, one marriage, and one giant slaying, but the Sword Coast is safe again.

@crazybirdman, @CherokeeWind, @Evendurtallstag, @Leviathan - if GamersPlane had badges, you'd deserve one on your profiles for finishing a level 1-9 campaign.

🏆
Mar 30, 2023 9:21 pm
Wow, congrats on a successful long-running, campaign!
Mar 30, 2023 10:10 pm
I am new to Gamer's Plane but not DnD 5e. May I have an invite.
Mar 30, 2023 10:42 pm
Heathen says:
I am new to Gamer's Plane but not DnD 5e. May I have an invite.
@Heathen - Um, there's no game here. People are actually congratulating them for successfully finishing a level 1 to 9 campaign that took like 2+ years.
Mar 30, 2023 11:18 pm
Thanks to @Adam! The light from his pipe was like a beacon that guided us the entire way!
Mar 31, 2023 2:26 am
Adam says:
... the Sword Coast is safe again.
I don't believe you. :)
Mar 31, 2023 6:18 am
Congrats, what a feat!
Mar 31, 2023 11:29 am
Nicely done to all. I think you’re 1%ers!
Mar 31, 2023 1:31 pm
That's awesome! Congrats 🎉🎉🎉
Mar 31, 2023 2:37 pm
Adam says:
... the Sword Coast is safe again.
For now...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.