Heroes Needed!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 27, 2021 6:39 pm
Center City needs YOU! They are in the midst of one of the worst crime waves ever and the local heroes, the Crusaders, are nowhere to be found! The Crushers, long-time foes of the Crusaders, are running rampant and the police are helpless to stop them. Don't just sit there, do something!

We are recruiting to fill a few slots in a Mighty Protectors game (aka Villains & Vigilantes 3). I can handle up to three players and you do not need to know or have access to the rules (though if you want a copy, they can be found fairly cheaply here). I can guide you through character creation and the game mechanics. Join us for super-hero role-playing at its best!
Feb 27, 2021 6:44 pm
But I was going to play a Super Villain. I want to be on the winning side.. :)
Last edited February 27, 2021 6:44 pm
Feb 27, 2021 7:37 pm
So play a super-villain that got snubbed, double-crossed, or something by the Crushers and perhaps other villains and is out to take vengeance on all villains now especially the Crushers. Then eventually comes to like the fans and such that come from being a hero versus a villain

aka a Vanity Hero with a mean streak ;)
Last edited February 27, 2021 8:45 pm
Feb 27, 2021 8:22 pm
Guess that it would help if I gave a link to the game.
Feb 27, 2021 9:54 pm
Best of luck WhtKnt.
Feb 27, 2021 11:07 pm
I am beginning my application to your Mighty Protectors game here. I can meet your three times per week posting requirement. I have access to the rulebook but have never looked at it before until today. I am still new to the site and learning, adapting, to play by post requirements. I am playing in one other game ran by a DM named Adam if you desire a reference.

I noted that the game forums are public but I was unable to locate them to check on the game before making an application to ascertain other requirements or get a feel for the game play style you emphasize. As such, I would describe myself as a gamer of similar age and possessed of some old school sensibilities.

Due to site limitations, I gather people with unusually short user handles such as mine can not be invited directly to the game. Does that mean I need to go to the game details page and apply directly to join?

I will do so, if you find this introductory application acceptable and inform me here that it is needed.

Thank you for your time.
Feb 27, 2021 11:22 pm
Aye. Doom's sound.

They've only been here a week, but with such prompt replies in my game that you know that they're jonesing for another one. Good narrative posts too.
Feb 28, 2021 2:06 am
Doom says:
I am beginning my application to your Mighty Protectors game here. I can meet your three times per week posting requirement. I have access to the rulebook but have never looked at it before until today. I am still new to the site and learning, adapting, to play by post requirements. I am playing in one other game ran by a DM named Adam if you desire a reference.

I noted that the game forums are public but I was unable to locate them to check on the game before making an application to ascertain other requirements or get a feel for the game play style you emphasize. As such, I would describe myself as a gamer of similar age and possessed of some old school sensibilities.

Due to site limitations, I gather people with unusually short user handles such as mine can not be invited directly to the game. Does that mean I need to go to the game details page and apply directly to join?

I will do so, if you find this introductory application acceptable and inform me here that it is needed.

Thank you for your time.
Thank you for the introductory post. By all means, please go ahead and apply and I'll sign you up within a day.
Mar 1, 2021 2:51 am
If you're still after players, I'd be interested. Sounds like a fun game, and random character generation is neat.
Mar 1, 2021 3:12 am
Yep there still be room ;) but WhtKnt will have to do the inviting -- look forward to you joining the crew
Mar 27, 2021 3:44 am
I am interested if there is still room....
Mar 27, 2021 4:22 am
Sorry WhtKnt I would help fill your need for another player, but I'm not good at playing Villains & Vigilantes 3 system.
Mar 27, 2021 5:30 pm
I thought this game died on the vine are you restarting it WhtKnt?
Mar 29, 2021 3:13 am
Negative, it's dead.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.