Interest Check: oWoD Mortals Game...

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 3, 2021 6:42 pm
Hey Gamersplaners!

I want to run something, but I don't know exactly what...

So, I'm checking for the interest level in something that's been rolling around in the back of my mind for a long time. Specifically, I'm thinking of a (original) World of Darkness (i.e. Vampire: the Masquerade) campaign that consists of Mortals only as PCs. However, everyone would be a supernatural Mortal (meaning, you would have your choice of taking "Advantages" like Numina/Psionics, Hedge Sorcery, True Faith, or you could be a Medium, or even a "Gypsie", etc.).

You wouldn't be Hunters though, or at least that's not the default premise. Rather you would just be people (members of a larger supernatural Mortals community) in New Orleans, basically just trying to survive in an open world "WoD Zoo"-style environment full of beings from the greater WoD titles... So, you would be supernatural Mortals navigating the World of Darkness amongst mundane and supernatural humans, and Vampires, and Werewolves, and Changelings, AND Mages, etc...

Oh my.

So, yea, that's the elevator pitch.

The system/mechanics would nominally be V20. But much of the books I have for Mortals stuff are older, oWoD 2E or even 1E... AND I'd probably be trying to use a lot of the more narrative-facing gameplay and mechanical principles from V5E (succeed at cost, less granular combat, etc.), cuz I like how that system flows much better for PbP... so, basically, it'd be a loose, trying-to-find-itself-in-play, mishmash of a bunch of WoD... Which could mean it's gonna be a bit chaotic and inconsistent and unpredictable, from a mechanics perspective, at first. But broadly I'd just be leaning on the narrative strengths of the system, over any set of RAW mechanics, to keep the mechanical touch light, and to avoid getting bogged down in rolls, and to focus on a dynamic and interesting story.

So... yea.

Anyone out there interested in such a thing?

I wouldn't be able to start the game immediately, as there's a good bit of world building (like creating NPCs) that I'd have to do, but maybe 2 weeks from now?
Mar 3, 2021 7:31 pm
That does sound interesting, although I haven't played any kind of WOD for a while.
Mar 3, 2021 8:06 pm
I would throw my hat in as a player but also for helping you to build the world and handle the mish-mash of mechanics as a long time ago when it was only VtM, WtA, CtD, WtO, MtA and other stuff I was part of a group where we altered the game to be a bit more like it is today and yet still had most of the elements of the original. We did it mostly to meld the various elements into a single playing field with slightly different themes and a tone down of MtA so they could be bested by a couple of others rather being able to simply mop the floor of a whole pack of Garou without breaking a sweat and even if that is not your objective I am sure I can help with whatever your objective is to be.
Mar 4, 2021 2:16 pm
If you're still looking for people and you don't mind I'd be up for it. I'd be making *randomly rolls* Data Processing... well guess I'll be dying first from natural causes from my job and corporate soul sucking moral levels. T_T
Mar 5, 2021 3:40 pm
Sorry folks, looks like there's probably not enough interest in this for it to be what I would consider sustainable.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.