Character Creation

load previous
Mar 9, 2021 10:23 pm
Guy Smithson
Mar 10, 2021 4:34 am
Would you all be interested in developing a little backstory?

Here's an experimental bit: once bowl has submitted a character, we just:
1) leap into the first scene. Then,
2) I'll ask you to post a reverie, tying your background into the evolving plot that you've fallen into.
3) I'll secretly work with you each to make sure we're both happy with how that bg might affect the story.
4) profit!
Mar 10, 2021 4:55 am
Sounds good to me.

Do you want me to write up how I see Garou...their place in the world, the way they act, etc.? Or would you prefer.

Oh, and do the beast men know/remember/believe that they are failed scientific experiments?
Mar 10, 2021 5:02 am
Not really scientific experiments. The big bad were the sorcerer kinds from three hundred years ago. Many nations banded together to defeat them, and your ancestors were left alone in the Rhyhold woods.

Are the beastmen soldiers he created to fight his wars? Or did something else occur?

You each may have your own oral histories, and they may or may not be entirely accurate.
Mar 10, 2021 7:24 am
Sounds like a fun way to get the ball rolling :)
Mar 10, 2021 11:48 am
This is the Garou as I see them. My character will be introduced when we get into the game.

GAROU:

Indomintable: Starting Spirit is D6 and the max is 1D12+1

Jaws of iron: Bite for Str+D4

Voice of the wild: Their howl can be heard up to ten miles. Other Garou can get basic info like danger, help, invaders, fire.

Moves like a ghost: Starts with a free raise in stealth

Loyalty: Garou are loyal to their pack and value the safety of the pack over personal safety.

Colour blindness: Garou see the world in shades of black, white, and grey.

Can't swim: Garou are capable of swimming but avoid it when possible. They suffer a movement penalty in the water.

Garou were bred to guard encampments from invaders. They were bred for protection and loyalty.

Now Garou have become guardians of wherever a pack settles. They protect travelers through their area and their area from travelers.

Each pack is independent, but they interact and regularly exchange members to keep from interbreeding.
In combat, Garou tend to favour stealth and ranged weapons, although they are capable of melee.

Garou packs have a strict hierarchy. Each member knows their place and step up if the pack member ahead of them is killed or injured. This means that in battle there is no loss of command when leaders are killed.
Each pack has a shaman/seer that is outside the command chain.

If you encounter a lone Garou, they are almost certainly on a quest for the pack. As an adventurer, Garou treat their party as their new pack and transfer that loyalty to them.
Last edited March 10, 2021 11:50 am
Mar 10, 2021 4:47 pm
Qralloq says:
Would you all be interested in developing a little backstory?

Here's an experimental bit: once bowl has submitted a character, we just:
1) leap into the first scene. Then,
2) I'll ask you to post a reverie, tying your background into the evolving plot that you've fallen into.
3) I'll secretly work with you each to make sure we're both happy with how that bg might affect the story.
4) profit!
Yes to all.
Mar 10, 2021 9:57 pm
A little background on Tritous.

He is from Tortoff. Born of a large bird mother and a centaur father, he was initially considered to be an abomination due to his large wings until he got the bright idea of flying cargo or people/animals across the chasm between Tortoff and Hortoff. By saving half a day of travel he became more of a hero than a pariah and was sought out rather than avoided. A resourceful creature, he offered sightseeing tours along the chasm for bartered items or a fee back when times were good. Being very persuasive he drummed up a good business but the falling of the merchant trade, sickness and lethargy, and the ominous rumors of war, put an end to this and brought fear to his village.

Curious by nature though skeptical, he often found himself in awkward situations, not helped by being somewhat clumsy.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.