[Open] Savage World ETU setting game.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 17, 2021 1:07 pm
Thread formally known as: Spring 2021 Game pitches & GM Mentor question

So this thread originally was to pitch games to see what stuck and I started an East Texas Univerisity Setting game in Savage Worlds (my game is in a little university in Nevada west of Las Vegas so a little tweaking). Since I'm down to one student (everyone's starting a freshmen) recruiting for late registration.
[ +- ] Former open discussion
Last edited July 6, 2021 12:39 pm
Mar 17, 2021 1:22 pm
I've been in an ETU game a while ago that died quickly and would potentially be interested in joining another one, maybe even with the same character.

You're looking for a GM mentor? I'm not the most experienced GM in the world but I'd also be up for looking over your shoulder, giving advice and co-GMing, whatever you would like there
Mar 17, 2021 1:35 pm
The Savage Worlds pitches look very fun! I would be probably the most interested in the first setting, but I'll be keeping an eye out for any of them...
Mar 17, 2021 1:36 pm
I guess it depends what I get interest in.

I think it was 2019-2018 maybe someone made the comment they'd run games if they knew the system so there was an effort for some teaching games to let people see 'This is how you run system X'. Unsure how it panned out or if it's still going.
Mar 17, 2021 2:15 pm
All of those sound pretty cool. I'd play in 1, 3 or 4 I think.

I know a little about both Savage Worlds and Genesys, so i think it'd be fun to really get in there.
Last edited March 17, 2021 2:15 pm
Mar 17, 2021 2:17 pm
I've been jonsing for a Savage Worlds game (both of those sound cool), and a Genesys-based vomitorium sounds like fun.
Mar 17, 2021 5:12 pm
I've always heard good things about ETU and having been meaning to pick it up. Does a SWADE edition exist? And does anyone know if Pinnacle does a Bits and Mortar type thing where you can get the PDF if you buy the physical copy?
Mar 17, 2021 7:05 pm
I've done some GM mentoring for a couple systems here. Would be happy to do it again. It's easier and less commitment than running a game :P
Mar 17, 2021 8:17 pm
Well looks like people are leaning towards an ETU game (forewarning I'll probably go off script and not stick everyone at ETU and won't run the Freshman year stock adventure line from the plot point book due to spoilers). Link to game details up have room for a few more.

There's a deluxe to SWADE quick conversion PDF but no release of all PEG inc books yet.

Copy that Em going to start a new thread so people want to learn a new system don't have to sift through term paper discussions.
Last edited March 17, 2021 8:25 pm
Mar 17, 2021 9:18 pm
I would be interested in a gensys game
Mar 18, 2021 1:24 pm
Had enough interest to run ETU setting in Nevada so the others on hold for now. People who stated interest were invited. One slot left I think.
Mar 22, 2021 1:25 pm
@Bowlofspinach & Harrigan unsure if you two still wanted to play sent invites, if not there's still 2 slots open to people wanting to get back in college and deal with people telling you what to do (who are obviously wrong).
Mar 22, 2021 7:22 pm
I am interested but I think I shouldn't overexted myself at the moment so I'll pass, I think. But thanks for the offer!
Mar 22, 2021 10:14 pm
Did not recognize ETU -- I have created a character for this where we lost the GM -- would be interested in exploring that character over again if that is okay Remnant and I have SWADE so that is not an issue
Last edited March 22, 2021 10:15 pm
Jul 6, 2021 12:40 pm
So this thread originally was to pitch games to see what stuck and I started an East Texas Univerisity Setting game in Savage Worlds (my game is in a little university in Nevada west of Las Vegas so a little tweaking). Since I'm down to one student (everyone's starting a freshmen) recruiting for late registration of students. No prior experience in Savage World needed if you need bookage type stuff we can discuss.
Jul 6, 2021 1:12 pm
I am interested in joining. I've sent along a request in the linked game thread
Jul 6, 2021 1:25 pm
This sounds great if I didn't have too many games on my plate at the moment and a son getting married on Friday.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.