[Open] D&D 5e: new members - Candlekeep Mysteries

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 18, 2021 6:19 pm
...and not so new members.

https://i.imgur.com/PTU5vTa.jpg

Candlekeep Mysteries is the latest WotC adventure book. Here's the marketing blurb.
WotC says:
Great books hide their secrets well

An anthology of seventeen mystery-themed adventures for the world's greatest roleplaying game*.

Candlekeep attracts scholars like a flame attracts moths. Historians, sages, and others who crave knowledge flock to this library fortress to peruse its vast collection of books, scribbled into which are the answers to the mysteries that bedevil them. Many of these books contain their own mysteries—each one a doorway to adventure. Dare you cross that threshold?

Candlekeep Mysteries is a collection of seventeen short, stand-alone D&D adventures designed for characters of levels 1-16. Each adventure begins with the discovery of a book, and each book is the key to a door behind which danger and glory await.
* Jeez! I'm not going there.
I'm going to run it as a set of one shots, but if you want to use your character in more than one chapter, then that's fine too.

I'll open it up for lots of players, but only six will go on an adventure at a time. I suppose it'll be something between public and private - if someone joins the game but doesn't go on an adventure, they can still read what everybody else is doing.

These are supposed to be mysteries, not hack'n'slashes. If mysteries aren't your thing, then it's probably best not to join.
* PM me or post here if you want an invite.
* I'll prioritize new players.
* Posting once per day.
* No experience with D&D 5e is needed, and help will be given to new players.
* The free basic rules are fine (PHB, XgtE, SCAG, TCoE are allowed too if you have them).
The first adventure is:

Chapter 1: The Joy of Extradimensional Spaces

https://i.imgur.com/z5u6vxm.png

An Adventure for 1st-level characters
Written by Michael Polkinghorn
Last edited July 6, 2021 10:28 am
Mar 18, 2021 6:24 pm
I think you already knew ;)

It’s gonna be hard for me not to be selfish and ask to be in every single one tho haha
Mar 18, 2021 6:28 pm
That's gonna be a yes for me dawg. (If you'll have me)
Mar 18, 2021 6:36 pm
Who doesn't love a good mystery. Color me intrigued and ready to investigate even though I'm not a new player to D&D5E or this site.
Mar 18, 2021 6:39 pm
While I've been here too long to volunteer (and in any case, my plate is full), I cannot recommend Adam highly enough. A great DM, a lovely person, and enormously patient.
Last edited March 18, 2021 6:39 pm
Mar 18, 2021 6:42 pm
He's definitely Adamn good member of this community
Mar 18, 2021 7:08 pm
I'd love a go at it, if there's an opening.
Mar 18, 2021 7:19 pm
Assuming there is space I enjoy the mysteries over hack-n-slash would be interesting to see how someone else does them.
Mar 18, 2021 7:38 pm
I'd love to join this if you have space! Or join as an observer until you have space, for later chapters? In any case, I'm intrigued by this game! :D
I probably don't count as a new member, and I'm still not too familiar with DnD. But I've been trying to get better at it!

Also, I keep seeing mentions of how good as a GM Adam is. I'd love to see it in action with my own eyes! :0 (Even without participating.)
Mar 18, 2021 7:38 pm
Would love to have a go. New to D&D 5e but comfortable with PBP. At the very least, a nosy peek at how the format works on here would be great.
Mar 18, 2021 7:51 pm
I'm fairly new to GP. I have no active games here. I am familiar with 5e, but definitely not an expert.
I am looking for a campaign I can enjoy playing in.

I would like to join in. Thanks.
Mar 19, 2021 1:05 am
HeroAmongMen says:
This being said, I am happy if a newer player gets a chance to enjoy this game.
Mar 19, 2021 7:27 am
HeroAmongMen says:
HeroAmongMen says:
This being said, I am happy if a newer player gets a chance to enjoy this game.
Cheers mate. I'm sure a space will open up for later chapters. Rather than fill the game with spectators right from the start, I'll send you an invite later.
Mar 19, 2021 7:28 am
FlyingSucculent says:
Also, I keep seeing mentions of how good as a GM Adam is. I'd love to see it in action with my own eyes! :0 (Even without participating.)
You really shouldn't believe the hype. I'll prove it - invite sent.
Mar 20, 2021 6:11 pm
New to 5e and this site, usually love a hack and slash but would like to try this out if there are any spots open.
Mar 28, 2021 12:52 pm
Hi Adam!

Came across this site today, saw the player request and would love to join the party! :)

Are the classes already picked?

I played by forum a few years back and would like to do so again (home office makes it possible!). With the 5E rules I`m familiar (playing a fun adventure at the moment at roll20). I think I will be able to write about 3 meaningful posts a week, more if we are in a fight or just a few quick words are needed.

The stand-alone part is no problem (certainly has its advantages), but I hope to get the chance for character development and leveling up.

Thanks in advance :)
Last edited March 28, 2021 1:09 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.