Pathfinder questions (my players, don't look!)

Apr 26, 2016 9:50 pm
Hey guys, as you know I am converting Expedition to Castle Ravenloft form D&D 3.5 to Pathfinder.

I have an NPC, well more like an encounter really, with a completely insane character. The problem is, it used a template from Heroes of Horror for that, and well, since I'm not converting Taint rule from HoH to keep thing simple, and also because I'm starting to get a bit tired of converting 3.5 stuff, I need another solution.

How would you make a complete raving lunatic NPC?
Last edited April 27, 2016 9:27 pm
Apr 26, 2016 10:03 pm
I don't know Pathfinder so apologies if this is no help, but could you roll for personality traits every couple of rounds? So the character could seem lucid, but perhaps worried about something trivial, then you roll and they are jubilant and singing, roll again and they're paranoid.

Like I say, I don't even know if these types of traits are in pathfinder, but you could make a table with 20 entries and roll whenever it seems appropriate.
Apr 26, 2016 10:22 pm
That's an interesting idea, but it doesn't exactly help as the original template I was talking about made the base creature be under a constant barbarian rage... This is the sort of madman I'm looking for.
Apr 26, 2016 10:36 pm
I see. Sorry I can't help then.
Apr 26, 2016 11:33 pm
Is there not a barbarian class from Pathfinder? Why not just give the NPC the Barbarian Rage class feature (but make its uses unlimited and its duration: until knocked unconscious), then give the NPC a handful of rage powers (3 or 4 to keep conflict interesting).
Apr 27, 2016 12:44 am
I was definitely thinking of giving him some barbarian levels. I am currently checking a list of templates, in case I find something...
Apr 27, 2016 12:55 am
Oh, I think I found something, not quite what I was looking for, but it should do a nice job.
Apr 27, 2016 2:43 am
What do you guys think of a wild rager with the chaosborn template? Yes, I'm that evil XD.
Apr 27, 2016 9:28 pm
Can anyone explains to me how does an imp changes into a rat using beast shape I when a rat is tiny and beast shape I is limited to small or medium?
Apr 27, 2016 10:49 pm
The imp doesn't use beast shape the spell to change shape, changing shape is one of an imps abilities, look for change shape in universal monster rules, should be here.
Last edited April 27, 2016 10:50 pm
Apr 28, 2016 2:56 am
Is there a class in Pathfinder similar to what the warlock was in D&D 3.5? There is a 3rd party one, but frankly it sucks and kind of goes contrary to what the conversion manual suggests of doing.
Apr 28, 2016 10:47 pm
Okay, nevermind, I found a warlock archetype for the vigilant. I am not quite overjoyed with it, but so far it looks far better than that sucky 3rd part warlock.
May 14, 2016 3:40 pm
Okay, wow, cheliceraes are VERY different in PF than they were in D&D 3.X. Much more lethal and not quite what I need. Any suggestion on what to do? I still need a spider-like monster capable of mimicry (kind of what green hags have) and spitting web...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.