0: Lopeiros meets Senobia

Mar 26, 2021 9:20 pm
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/7af570d6-2f90-43ca-a8ce-8617c32aa7d7/ddy40lf-dac19c40-59bf-4d20-802d-ed71ef4e17c3.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvN2FmNTcwZDYtMmY5MC00M2NhLWE4Y2UtODYxN2MzMmFhN2Q3XC9kZHk0MGxmLWRhYzE5YzQwLTU5YmYtNGQyMC04MDJkLWVkNzFlZjRlMTdjMy5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.aHl0awBp6PJMJ-4yhQtF_mAy1WjKQJ2uj3Rv0M9XJ7c

Lopeiros came to Waterdeep to learn about the borders that must not be crossed. Those between in this natural world and those who do not belong here. A city filled with knowledge, but where to start.
He asked a bird in a bush where he could find knowledge and the bird directed him to Phaulkonmere, a noble villa in the Southern Ward

The walls of Phaulkonmere enclose fabulous gardens, and the buildings are covered with moss and ivy. The place is owned by descendants of two wealthy families — the Tarms (longtime Waterdavians) and the Phaulkons (who are of Cormyrean descent). They spend most of the year traveling abroad and entrust the estate to a half-elf groundskeeper named Melannor Fellbranch.
Here the Emerald Enclave meets its members and welcomes newcomers.

In a small Zen garden, he found another Firbolg. She was meditating in sun the with her back towards him, and he could see the tattoo of a tree on her back of a tree. Her ear turned as he approached. A moment later she starts to speak
I heard a bird speaking of another of my kind... With the grace and power of a tiger, she raises from her lotus positions and turns to face him.
...My name is Senobia, how may Emerald Enclave help you today?
Her shirt is still on the ground.
Mar 26, 2021 11:07 pm
As the city comes into view, Lopeiros can't help but doubt his decisions, is he as foolish as his clan's elders say he is to still believe in the fairy tales he was told as a child? Was he silly to wonder if there really were worlds and places beyond theirs? Worlds of fairies and hags, of devils and demons? Well, there's only one way to find out he supposes.

He is immediately off-put by the noise and business of the city. If it weren't for the bird guiding him, he wasn't sure he would ever be able to find anything in this mess of streets and alleyways and houses and people. But as he enters the Phaulkonmere, he immediately lets out a deep sigh of relief that he didn't realize he was holding in. It felt like removing your leather armor after a long day of patrolling the forests in the summer heat and heavy downpours, just like finally letting all that stank out.

If she had the grace of a tiger, he had the clumsiness of a newborn fawn trying to get used to the feeling of being alive and the notion of 'moving'. He stands there awkwardly, looking everywhere except directly at Senobia. As she turns around he panics for a second, dropping a notebook or two and then turns away.

Now facing away from her, he responds nervously, "O- Oh uh, heh. Hello there. Respectfully miss, I-I think you forgot something." He glances over his shoulder with a smile not at her, but at the shirt lying on the ground, then quickly turns back around.

"My name is Lopeiros, but you can call me Leo. I-I'm here because I want to learn, and I guess I was hoping that you guys might be able to help me, especially since I haven't seen many other of our kind here in this town."
Last edited March 26, 2021 11:08 pm
Mar 27, 2021 9:41 am
You are the third of our kind that I know of in Waterdeep. I love meditating here in the sun. But enough about me. What is that you want to learn here?
She can sense that Leo is uncomfortable with her nakedness, so she bends down and retrieves her shirt.
Mar 27, 2021 12:47 pm
"Well, heh, it is very peaceful here, much different from the city that surrounds this place. This reminds me of some of the meditation spots we have back in my village." still facing away from her, "Oh yes! Why am I here?" he begins digging through his notebooks, probably dropping another one as he fumbles through trying to find a good spot to talk about.

He opens up to a page with a hastily done, not-so-great drawing of a human with a wand and little tiny disproportionate wings on its back. "I am here to learn if this thing is real. A fairy? Well not just this thing, I have more on other pages. But the fairy is a magical creature of ancient times" he runs through the story quickly in his head. The fairy happened upon a child playing in the woods, and when the child inadvertently insulted the fairy and accidentally broke its wand, the fairy cursed the child with an ugly face and deformed feet so the child could never play again and would only know a life of insults and bullying.

He turns around with his eyes closed tightly shut, displaying the page outwardly in her general direction at his arms’ fullest extension.

"Do you know anything about fairies? Or somewhere called the fey forests?"
Last edited March 27, 2021 12:48 pm
Mar 28, 2021 9:15 pm
Senobia takes you to meet the lady of the estate: a noblewoman-turned-demigod and Chosen of Mielikki named Jeryth Phaulkon. Jeryth, the only member of her family who currently resides at Phaulkonmere, manifests as a disembodied female voice that can be heard by anyone in the villa gardens.

Leo and Senobia sit together on a small bench in front of a statue of a stag. Senobia whispers She is everywhere in the garden. But I prefer to have a face to talk to, even if it doesn't talk back. I can pretend Jeryth is the stag...

And imagine that I carry andlers, right Senobia? There is a teasing tone in the disembodied female voice. Jeryth is here.
I see that you have found a boe. Will he join us in the Emerald Enclave's cause to protect nature?
Outlying farms are being terrorized by a scarecrow come to life. It has slaughtered livestock, chased horses, and spooked farmers. No people have been killed as yet, so the City Guard is dragging its heels. Something must be done!

Senobia puts her hand ontop of Leo's. As a member of the Emerald Enclave, you have full access to our library and stories. And we have many stories about the fay wilds
Mar 31, 2021 2:21 pm
With each passing moment Leo becomes more and more excited about his current direction. He should have left his clan years ago! Full access to their library AND to a wonderful disembodied supreme intelligence? Leo is practically jittering from excitement, which on him basically is displayed as an enormous smile and twitching ears as he scrambles through his notebooks.

"Don't worry Miss Jeryth, respectfully, I think the antlers look great on you." he makes a cheeky smile. "My clan, the Fyfolon, was charged by Silvanus to protect the Misty Forests, so I'm used to protecting nature. The scarecrow thing sounds scary for sure, but would you happen to know anything about fairies? Specifically, if they are very protective of their wands?" He isn't sure where to show his picture to, so Lopeiros gets up off the bench and holds open his drawing of a fairy to the stag statue.
Mar 31, 2021 7:01 pm
Montage:
Lopeiros and Senobia head out to deal with some Scarecrows. They camp out in the field waiting a few days, and they get to know one another very well. Once the Scarecrows show up, they are easily dispatched.

Lopeiros spends time in the Emerald Enclave, one of the larger factions, as a full member. After a few months Lopeiros is fully versed in the ways of the Horizon Walker, spotting rifts in space and sensing outsiders. He and Senobia form a very good team... and couple.
OOC:
Lopeiros seemed like the perfect candidate for wanting to get home, due to romantic connections. Hope you don't mind.
It is an evening like any other. Lopeiros is tracking a planar portal that appeared inside Traders Ward, near Cought of the White Bull. Some step up to him and tosses a powder into his face. Immediately he feels his strength leaving his body, and within moments he is unconscious.

End of prolog. Start the first chapter
Apr 1, 2021 12:09 am
OOC:
Yeah, that's okay. I envisioned him as a little more asexual, not really interested in relationships and stuff. But if he learned a lot from her and had fun spending time with Senobia, then he will probably start to miss her even if they weren't romantically involved, if that's okay :)
Apr 1, 2021 6:14 am
OOC:
That is very okey. I just wanted to give you an anchor to Waterdeep. A motivator to get back. I don't want to have this game turn out "we are going to turn spacepirats"
Apr 1, 2021 6:20 am
OOC:
Ha, understandable.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.