Dune - Harvesters of Dune

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 15, 2021 8:18 am
I've just created a new Dune game. It is open to new players who want to try Modiphius' 2d20 Dune system.

The scenario is called Harvesters of Dune and is from the core book.

House Atreides has just taken over control of the planet Arrakis - also known as Dune.

Dune is home of the generiatic spice, Melange, the most precious substance in the universe. However, a crisis threatens the House?s profits this year: one of their flying carryalls, and its small fleet of ground-based harvesters?has a poor spice productivity record. The carryall in question is named after a historical Harkonnen lord: the Graf Von Dreissen, but its crew know it as 'The Grief'.
The player characters are dispatched to the carryall to discover the cause of the Grief?s poor productivity and to take whatever actions are necessary to eliminate problems and improve matters.

The carryall is operation deep within the desert of Dune. The desert is dangerous. The heat and sandstorms can be fatal, so can the Fremen people living here. By most dangerous of all is the sandworms...
The system is Dune - Adventure in the Imperium which uses Modiphius' 2d20-mechanic.
This scenario is the one included in the core book.

No experience of the rules is required. Everything will be explained as we go along.
Some familiarity with the Dune universe is recommended.

This game will mostly be pre-generated characters.

However, if you have access to the rule book and want to create your own character that is fine. Just make sure your character could reasonably be part of the Atreides entourage and no fraction characters this time.
Apr 15, 2021 12:03 pm
Interesting, I've played other games from Modiphius.
Apr 15, 2021 1:20 pm
Great. I'll send you an invite
Apr 16, 2021 9:41 am
This game has 3 player so far. There are still two seat left. Apply here ir send me a pm if anyone out there wants to join.
Apr 16, 2021 6:32 pm
It's tempting! I just joined a Star Wars game to learn the ropes in the FFG system, maybe I should try this one as well? Fairly familiar with the Dune universe (having read the six Frank Herbert novels). Have never played using the 2d20 system though, so if that isn't too much of a barrier, sign me up! :)
Apr 16, 2021 6:42 pm
We'll go over the rules as they become relevant, so that is no problem. I'll send you an invite.
Apr 17, 2021 3:15 am
If you've room for another, I'd like to join. Slightly familiar with John Carter of Mars, very versed in the Dune setting.
Apr 17, 2021 5:31 am
I'll send you an invite. The game is now full.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.