Feature Requests: Post As and Page Numbers

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 26, 2021 3:36 pm
Would it be possible to change the default for the "Post As" dropdown to default to the PC rather than the player? I think posting as the character is more much common than posting as the player.

Another feature that would be nice is having the pages listed at the top as well as at the bottom.
Apr 26, 2021 3:47 pm
That kind of falls apart when you have multiple characters in one game. I guess in that case, it could default to the first submitted character but meh. I like it as is, for OOC threads as well.

I do agree about page numbers top and bottom. Couldn't hurt and is probably not too difficult to implement
Last edited April 26, 2021 3:47 pm
Apr 26, 2021 3:53 pm
bowlofspinach says:
That kind of falls apart when you have multiple characters in one game. I guess in that case, it could default to the first submitted character but meh. I like it as is, for OOC threads as well.

I do agree about page numbers top and bottom. Couldn't hurt and is probably not too difficult to implement
Good point about the multiple characters. Hadn't thought about that.
Apr 26, 2021 4:11 pm
I'd like it if the page number links were under each post (just under the 'Quote' link). It's a bit redundant, but they don't take much room and then you could access them from anywhere in a thread without having to scroll all the way down (or up if they are added to the top).
Apr 27, 2021 5:07 pm
with regards to the "Post As" default, what would be fantastic is a tickbox next to the various character names to set the default character... that would work with multiple characters too (but probably not the easiest of tweaks)
Apr 27, 2021 11:50 pm
So it's currently set to player for exactly the reason bowlofspinache pointed out; it's the simplest default for 1 or more characters. That said, with the new GP version, I'll look at a feature for selecting the default.
May 5, 2021 10:18 pm
OK post as has been clarified, any thoughts on page numbers at top and bottom?
May 6, 2021 12:53 am
Yah, I'm gonna try to add it when I get the chance.
May 6, 2021 2:01 am
Yay, my fat thumbs always click the wrong number lol
May 6, 2021 9:19 pm
Oh can you also add Back to the Forums to the Bottom as well?
Last edited May 6, 2021 9:20 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.