Interest Check: Changeling the Lost

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 28, 2021 3:57 am
This is Thanos. And Thanos wants to run a game of Changeling: The Lost. It’s one of my favorite games and probably the one I know best out of the current Chronicles of Darkness line-up.

In Changeling, you play a person who was abducted by the True Fae - alien supernatural beings upon which most historical faerie folklore is based (the scary stuff, not the Disney stuff). You are dragged to the Land of Faerie, better known as Arcadia, and forced into servitude. Although you eventually escape, your time in Faerie changes you, and you are no longer entirely human. You’re now a creature that is part fae. Even worse, you were replaced by a Fetch - a magical doppelgänger now living your life. Not to mention that your former True Fae master wants you back and is likely hunting you.

Changelings, also called "The Lost", return to Earth with amazing powers. You have access to faerie contracts that manipulate the surrounding world. You can forge magical oaths and bind others by their words. You can enter dreams and control them. And you can even draw on your innate connections to Fate. But faerie magic is not without its dangers, and you need to feed on human emotions to fuel it.

Changelings gather in communities called Freeholds, and they join feudal-style courts for additional power, support, and protection. Some of the Lost try to reclaim their lives from their Fetches. Some embrace being part fae and dive into Freehold or court politics. And some become soldiers and take the fight to the True Fae.

There are two editions of the game. I know both very well, and I’m willing to run either one. Hoping for maybe 4 or 5 players. From browsing the site, that seems to be the standard number for a group.
Last edited April 30, 2021 4:23 am
Apr 28, 2021 7:52 am
Oooh, I'd be interested!
Apr 28, 2021 9:14 am
This should go on my to do list... but I'll probably need a couple of months to find the time :(
Apr 28, 2021 9:33 am
Hmm, I'd be up for this, but I'd be a new player.
Apr 28, 2021 10:48 am
I'd be interested! :)
Apr 28, 2021 12:24 pm
I'd be interested :) I'm better with OWoD lore, but know a little about chronicles and the system
Last edited April 28, 2021 12:25 pm
Apr 28, 2021 3:16 pm
I'd be interested to play if there's still a spot. I know 1e way better than 2e, but am open to either.
Apr 28, 2021 7:08 pm
ok sweet, I'll start whipping something up!
Apr 29, 2021 4:10 pm
Before I put the game together, are there any preferences on which edition? For those of you who are new to Changeling, I know it probably doesn't really matter. First edition has been around for a lot longer so there is more material available. Yet second edition is, in my opinion, a little more streamlined. Each edition has certain mechanics and subsystems that I prefer over the other, but each also has some things that I don't entirely like. If no one has any preferences either way, then I make a choice and start arranging things.
Last edited April 29, 2021 7:29 pm
Apr 29, 2021 4:57 pm
I say sorry in advance, this is going to be off-topic: you have the best username I've ever seen.
Thanos was, indeed, right.
Last edited April 29, 2021 4:58 pm
Apr 29, 2021 7:01 pm
No preference on my part.
Apr 29, 2021 7:06 pm
No preference for me either
Apr 29, 2021 10:35 pm
I only own a copy of the 1e rule book, so I would personally prefer we use first edition but if you’ve already decided on 2e that’s okay too!
Last edited April 29, 2021 11:27 pm
Apr 30, 2021 12:35 am
No preference, I'll be new either way.
Apr 30, 2021 6:20 am
I'm still setting the game up. As soon as I get the important stuff written, then I'll start accepting the requests to join.
Apr 30, 2021 11:45 am
Great! Looking forward to it :)
May 1, 2021 8:08 pm
What's the expected posting rate? Also, are Changling (and WoD/CoD in general) newbies welcome?
May 1, 2021 11:34 pm
StevetheNPC says:
What's the expected posting rate? Also, are Changling (and WoD/CoD in general) newbies welcome?
Posting rate is about three times a week. Sadly, however, the game is full at the moment. But sometimes people ghost during character creation. If someone drops from the game, you’re welcome to join. Newbies are fine, and the system is fairly simple to learn.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.