Worlds in Peril vs Galaxies in Peril?

Apr 29, 2021 12:53 am
Anyone play either of these yet? I played a campaign of Worlds in Peril and it was great, but could use a bit of streamlining. I’ve got the Galaxies in Peril book and while it’s pretty streamlined and more structured, it looks like they got rid of part of the feeling of discovery with your powers.

Anyone else play it or have any thoughts on it?
Apr 29, 2021 5:41 am
I'm firing up a WiP playtest at the moment with some friends... and yeah, while I quite like what I see, the game really would have benefits from another edit or two, both on the writing and the mechanics.

Didn't know GiP was out yet. Perhaps just PDFs to backers at this stage?
Apr 29, 2021 1:03 pm
Maybe? Probably the case.

It’s a good edit though so hopefully it comes out soon.
Apr 29, 2021 5:27 pm
Tell me about this play test though? What’s the setting? What are you guys doing?
May 1, 2021 1:58 am
It's my own setting, which over the years (25+) has switched systems... many times, across many PbeM / PbP sites and formats. I currently use the first edition of Simon Washbourne's Supers!, a system that is near and dear to my heart, but I'm on the hunt for something leaner and less restrictive. No longer a fan of point-buys, long lists of powers and such. If I like WiP in the playtest, I'm going to consider sliding the whole campaign frame to it. I already suspect I won't because of WiP's jankier bits, but I'll likely pull from it as I work in the background on my own much lighter-weight PbtA supers game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.