Feature Request: Sorted Games Tavern

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 6, 2021 12:32 am
It would be nice if when you selected your LFG status that also determined which games tavern threads show up, as someone who doesn't care about anything involving space travel thinking It would be nice to only see about games that are using systems you are interested in playing in. As I'm not a programmer I don't know how it would work exactly but it seems to me that it would be similar to how games show up once you have been brought into them
May 6, 2021 12:52 am
This is actually a really nice idea, though not implementable with the way the site exists right now. However, as I look at building v2, I think it's a feature I can work on. Right now, there's no way to connect a thread to a game. However, I can add a dropdown specifically for the Games Tavern posts that can allow for that connection.
May 6, 2021 2:00 am
See, I am of the other mind. I never listed 13th age among my games, because I never heard of it, so I never would have joined a couple of really fun games because I wouldn't have seen them.
If you do implement this, I would like to have the option to see all the games tavern threads. Preferably as the default.
May 6, 2021 5:26 am
As long as it's optional, I can't hurt. But I definitely like seeing everything that goes on and personally, I don't mind seeing ads for games I'm not interested in myself. Still cool to see people's ideas.
May 6, 2021 1:11 pm
For me it's mostly that I have no interest in science-fiction RPG's and don't want to be told their is action in Games tavern when they open up.
May 6, 2021 1:18 pm
I play only D&D5e, but I enjoy reading people talking about the other games. This is site is already quite cliquey. If it weren’t for the Games Tavern and Introductions then I wouldn’t even know half of you existed.
May 6, 2021 1:59 pm
I understand these thoughts completely if I came to the site and only played D&D 5e with the extra feature I do see the possibility of never getting into another game system because of the system. I also play D&D 5e but have decided I wanted to play something where
you all seem to be missing that you should still be able to leave all games open for viewing if you wanted without needing to join the one of the games
May 6, 2021 4:02 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
It would be nice if when you selected your LFG status that also determined which games tavern threads show up, as someone who doesn't care about anything involving space travel thinking It would be nice to only see about games that are using systems you are interested in playing in. As I'm not a programmer I don't know how it would work exactly but it seems to me that it would be similar to how games show up once you have been brought into them
I like KoldikSteelskin's idea.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.