[Fallout 2d20] Very early interest check

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 11, 2021 4:58 pm
Hey everyone! As if my profile pic wasn’t a big enough hint, I absolutely adore everything Fallout. I finally got my hands on the pre-order PDF copy of Modiphius’ new Fallout: the Roleplaying Game, which uses their 2d20 system which worked very well with the Dishonored RPG they released last year, and I would really love to start a game here on GP!

Currently, however, I believe I am at my full bandwidth of games, so I will have to wait a while. But before I go getting my hopes up, would anyone be interesting in playing in such a game in a few weeks/month or two? I would be more than happy (and fully expecting, since it is a brand new system) to walk everyone through character creation and rules as we go along. I would be running the starter adventure included in the book, but reskinned a tad and with a few details changed so it’s not word for word.

I will keep track of anyone who expresses interest here and keep you at the top of the queue when I do have time to start the game up. If you’d like to learn a bit about the system, Three Eyed Townie on YouTube has been doing a great job of making short videos to explain the core mechanics.
May 11, 2021 5:14 pm
I'm definitely interested. I love me some Fallout.
May 11, 2021 5:24 pm
I would love to play Fallout. I've wanted to try the 2d20 system for a while and I love Fallout. Hopefully by the time you are ready to run the pdf will be available.
May 11, 2021 5:30 pm
Love Fallout. I'm currently doing a modded FNV run. Registering my interest in a game once you get it up and running!
May 11, 2021 5:32 pm
There is a part of me that wants to try it out (but I suck at learning new systems in PbP I have found).

Story idea for a Fallout campaign, you have the PC's start in a vault keep teasing their eventual escape...but never get there. Like the entire campaign is them trying to escape the vault.

Then if that same groups says "hey could we get out of the vault" suggest they roll new characters with less character restrictions and have them find the vault their previous characters were in and discover they died of boredom.
May 11, 2021 9:56 pm
Lol, well that didn't take long at all, barely half an hour in fact! Today was a slow day at work so I had some time to think about how I wanna do this. I think what I'm gonna do is go ahead and create the game tonight/in the next few days and invite the first four or five people who expressed interest, and I will slowly over the next couple weeks put the rules and character creations guides in the game's forums for you guys whenever I have time. And when I feel I have enough bandwidth to start the game, you guys will have already had a little time to look over the rules and stuff! I keep you all updated! Just be patient please :)
Quote:
Hopefully by the time you are ready to run the pdf will be available.
The PDF is available right now! You just have to preorder the physical book as well, which is what I did.
Quote:
There is a part of me that wants to try it out (but I suck at learning new systems in PbP I have found) ... they died of boredom.
Lol nice! And let me know if you do decide you want to check it out!
May 12, 2021 10:09 am
I interested as well. I have been looking for a Fallout RPG for a while now, so a few weeks more can't hurt.
May 12, 2021 12:49 pm
Take your time...no worries
May 12, 2021 2:27 pm
I would love to be involved in a Fallout game that gets off the ground. I can dust off a character I have been holding on to for several years now, that I created for a Fallout game that died during the first encounter. I can't even remember what system was being used without digging up my character file.
May 12, 2021 9:44 pm
I have accepted those who applied, and here is the link for everyone else. :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.