Need a ACP Giude

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 11, 2021 11:22 pm
Trying to figure out the purpose of groups in the Administrative Control Panel I figured out how to edit a groups premisions but how do you add members to a group?
May 12, 2021 12:28 am
KoldikSteelskin says:
how do you add members to a group?
There is a Permissions tab where you can add groups to each user. It's right after the Groups tab.
Nevermind, misremembered. Let me check again. XD

Edit #2: ...I can't find it. I'm pretty sure there was a way to do it, but I certainly can't find one now (and the group renaming glitched out on me, too). So let me just join in on your question now.
Last edited May 12, 2021 12:37 am
May 12, 2021 1:00 am
Right now I'm doing it per player, but it would be easier to add them to a group : )
May 12, 2021 7:31 am
Searching the code, and from what I've heard, I don't think groups do anything yet.

There's code for putting people into groups and removing them from groups - but I don't believe group membership is ever checked for permissions.
May 12, 2021 10:23 am
Adam says:
Searching the code, and from what I've heard, I don't think groups do anything yet.

There's code for putting people into groups and removing them from groups - but I don't believe group membership is ever checked for permissions.
So it's there but right now it doesn't do anything?
May 12, 2021 10:45 am
That's my reading of the code.

There's a table forums_groupMemberships that is inserted into, deleted from - but never queried.
Last edited May 12, 2021 10:46 am
May 12, 2021 10:49 am
...but it's not my code. I could be missing something or perhaps I'm looking at the wrong table.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.