Postgame

May 15, 2021 5:56 pm
In the present day little is remembered and less recorded about the ascension of the Lich-King. His name is list to history, but among the false recollections of his human life there are several that recall him as a priest of Hades. A fragment of a tale speaks of the 'virid coronation' as a terrible conflagration in which the Lich-King revealed himself to Bload, but no context for this event is preserved. Bload closed itself off to trade for 100 years following this event, and the ports that opened thereafter were miserable, crime-ridden towns that forbade travelers to pass beyond their walls. The first reliable accounts of the Lich-King emerge 500 years after the start of his rule, and offer no insights as to how he claimed rulership over Bload in the first place.

--Excerpt from "A History of the Werld," by Narzod of Guffin

That's a wrap, folks. I want to thank you guys again so much for sticking it out for six (!) years. This was the D&D campaign I've always wanted to run, and the creative input from you guys made it a better experience than I ever could have anticipated. Was very fortunate to find such a great pbp platform in Gamers' Plane, too.

This thread will stay open in case any of you have any comments you want to share. If you have any ideas about what your characters think or where would go from here I'd love to hear them. I'm happy to answer any plot questions too, I didn't always expect that literally several years would pass between certain callbacks. I might post some art and ephemera here too, eventually. The Bload sourcebook remains online for reference and recollection.
May 16, 2021 8:11 pm
Thank you, BullOctorok! This was an enjoyable and fun experience!
May 18, 2021 3:02 am
So this is the part where we go back and find Wormfellow, right?
May 22, 2021 12:10 am
Ahh, sorry I missed the conclusion! But what a conclusion! I imagine Felor just dropped to his knees and began a prayer of thanks to the Almighty Fjorgyn for assisting him in smiting the devils and dragons and suchlike.

Six years! Fucking hell lol. Thanks BO, this has been amazing. My first proper D&D game, and one that inspired me to start DMing myself a couple of years ago.
May 22, 2021 12:20 am
What was the deal with the curative ice? I assume it was from the glacier in hell, but did it have a function in Bload?
May 22, 2021 12:40 am
Gave me weird dreams, that's for sure.
May 22, 2021 3:54 pm
Yeah, it was from the glacier. It was supposed to give people dreams and visions that would make them more susceptible to the 6PC's recruitment pitch, but if you took too much of it you went crazy, like that lady from the fisherman's house.
May 25, 2021 4:38 pm
Hi everyone:

Really sorry I missed the ending; the pandemic year has played some havoc with my career and my mental health. PBO, I greatly enjoyed playing in your campaign and glad I was able to be part of it for a time - thanks so much

You do not have permission to post in this thread.