Cypher system and PbP

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 26, 2021 8:04 am
I have been looking at Cypher, and wanted to ask if anyone has experience or comments in how it runs in PbP games.

It seems very streamlined, but I am wondering if, when you get to combat, it becomes impractical for the format?
May 26, 2021 9:44 am
I am in one Cypher game on the site and it's working reasonably well.
I haven't ever played it irl, though. And I don't really see what many others seem to see in the system, which might be related. Maybe it is losing something in pbp that I'm just not aware of because I never played it irl
May 26, 2021 12:07 pm
I’ve played several Cypher games on here and they all seemed to run pretty smoothly - even the combat.
May 26, 2021 12:10 pm
I've run and played in a metric boatload of Cypher games, including a Starship Troopers bug hunt run by Naatkinson.

In my experience, it works flawlessly in PBP. Combat is quite simple and I don't see how the format would make it more difficult than any other game.
May 26, 2021 12:34 pm
Thanks folks, appreciated.
May 26, 2021 2:17 pm
I'll try to find a public Cypher game to read -- or even better, one to join
Last edited May 26, 2021 3:37 pm
May 26, 2021 3:35 pm
Qralloq says:
I've run and played in a metric boatload of Cypher games, including a Starship Troopers bug hunt run by Naatkinson.

In my experience, it works flawlessly in PBP. Combat is quite simple and I don't see how the format would make it more difficult than any other game.
I don't think that one was me 😜
May 26, 2021 4:00 pm
Naatkinson says:
Qralloq says:

I don't think that one was me 😜
You're right, it was Shark_Bone. 2018 is so long ago!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.