Possible Recruitment/Interest Check: FFG Star Wars

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedStar Wars FFGPrivate5 / weekszemely
[=== INVITE ONLY ===]
For the most part the Galactic War between The Empire and The Rebel Alliance has had little impact in your little corner of the galaxy. Bolygo, located to the Galactic North of the Troiken system, lacks an abundance of any resources that either side in the fight may need, leaving the entire system somewhat ignored. While the citizenship of the planet is generally in favor of The Alliance's cause, there are small pockets of the population who have benefited under the rule of the Emperor. This is particularly true in the city of Falu where several businesses who specialize in different types of technological development have seen moderate increases in revenue from their dealings with The Empire.

Things, however, have started to change. About seven months ago Imperial scout ships arrived at a location 22 klicks to the east of Falu in what everyone had always considered wasteland. Over the course of the next few weeks a steady stream of men and materiel arrived and a rather large area around the site was cordoned off. Workers would come into town on occasion to supplement their supplies or to have a meal at one of the many eateries. While not overly talkative, particularly about the activity in the wasteland, the workers were a friendly enough group that didn't cause any problems within the city.

Then Cronwick arrived...

Captain Isskar Cronwick, the man assigned the task of heading up the proceedings at the site, is a decorated war veteran, meticulous bureaucrat, ruthless negotiator, and all around bad guy. Or so the rumors go as no one from Falu has actually seen the man. His presence has had an almost immediate impact on Falu and its people. The visits from the workers from the site came to an abrupt halt and in their place Resource Teams were sent in to gather supplies.

These Resource Teams usually consisted of a low ranking Imperial Trooper and several hired thugs whose preferred method of negotiation with local vendors were threats. Even those businesses who had previously benefited from Imperial rule were being 'persuaded' into offering huge discounts for their goods and services. Those vendors who resisted were quickly, and usually violently, shown the error of their ways.

It wasn't long afterwards that an anonymous contact had left holo-messages with one of more members of the group, detailing when and where these Resource Teams would arrive and what their objectives were. The contact even left you a location to a cache of weapons to get you started. Your work hasn't gone unnoticed by authorities and rewards for the mysterious "Falu Four" have started to appear posted around town.

May 29, 2021 8:25 pm
The Game System and Rules Version: FFG Star Wars RPG - Age of Rebellion

The Pitch: You are all residents of Falu on the planet of Bolygo. As a group you've recently started ambushing Imperial Resource Teams in your city and have just received the latest holo-message from the contact who has been organizing all of this from the start. (More details below).

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: I don't foresee this being an issue.

Character Restrictions: Anything from the Edge of Empire or Age of Rebellion CORE books are fine. We will be using the Duty mechanism from AoR.

Game Duration and Post Frequency: Ongoing campaign. I'm looking for people that can post, on average, once a day - not including weekends. I realize that real life pokes its ugly head in once in a while but as long as you notify everyone we can always work something out.

Specialized Software and Resources: None. Character sheets should be kept right here on Gamers' Plane.

Player Experience Requirements: Any experience level welcome but you will need access to one of the two core books listed above.

How to Apply: Post below if interested. I'm looking for four, maybe five, players. If there's a lot of interest I'll choose randomly, if not, first four or five are in.

Other Details: This is based on a campaign I ran several years ago IRL and at that time my entire Star Wars lore knowledge was based on movies I had seen thirty or so years earlier. So... if you're big into Star Wars' lore, you'll find some "oddities" in this game. I had also started a campaign of this here in the past before I had to leave. (Full Disclosure: I ghosted this site - and many others - for reasons I won't get into here).

Game and Setting Details:
For the most part the Galactic War between The Empire and The Rebel Alliance has had little impact in your little corner of the galaxy. Bolygo, located to the Galactic North of the Troiken system, lacks an abundance of any resources that either side in the fight may need, leaving the entire system somewhat ignored. While the citizenship of the planet is generally in favor of The Alliance's cause, there are small pockets of the population who have benefited under the rule of the Emperor. This is particularly true in the city of Falu where several businesses who specialize in different types of technological development have seen moderate increases in revenue from their dealings with The Empire.

Things, however, have started to change. About seven months ago Imperial scout ships arrived at a location 22 klicks to the east of Falu in what everyone had always considered wasteland. Over the course of the next few weeks a steady stream of men and materiel arrived and a rather large area around the site was cordoned off. Workers would come into town on occasion to supplement their supplies or to have a meal at one of the many eateries. While not overly talkative, particularly about the activity in the wasteland, the workers were a friendly enough group that didn't cause any problems within the city.

Then Cronwick arrived...

Captain Isskar Cronwick, the man assigned the task of heading up the proceedings at the site, is a decorated war veteran, meticulous bureaucrat, ruthless negotiator, and all around bad guy. Or so the rumors go as no one from Falu has actually seen the man. His presence has had an almost immediate impact on Falu and its people. The visits from the workers from the site came to an abrupt halt and in their place Resource Teams were sent in to gather supplies.

These Resource Teams usually consisted of a low ranking Imperial Trooper and several hired thugs whose preferred method of negotiation with local vendors were threats. Even those businesses who had previously benefited from Imperial rule were being 'persuaded' into offering huge discounts for their goods and services. Those vendors who resisted were quickly, and usually violently, shown the error of their ways.

It wasn't long afterwards that an anonymous contact had left holo-messages with one of more members of the group, detailing when and where these Resource Teams would arrive and what their objectives were. The contact even left you a location to a cache of weapons to get you started. Your work hasn't gone unnoticed by authorities and rewards for the mysterious "Falu Four" have started to appear posted around town.
Last edited May 29, 2021 10:16 pm
May 29, 2021 9:38 pm
I think I have the Age of Rebellion pdf somewhere. I am going to look up the duty system.
Just so I know what I am getting in to ;)

I think this could be operative/spy something in those lines.
[ +- ] posible avatar
Last edited May 29, 2021 9:44 pm
May 30, 2021 2:08 am
I'm interested in picking up the system, always was on my RPG to do list. Might take me a day or two (or more) to read the book, depending on how easily the rules click.
May 30, 2021 7:56 am
I would love to join in - I have been in I think two FFG games but the GM or other players evaporated from Gamers Plane.
May 30, 2021 1:31 pm
I am always game for Star Wars anything.
May 30, 2021 10:43 pm
Carabas says:
I am always game for Star Wars anything.
Same here. If you have space, or someone drops out.
Jun 1, 2021 7:13 am
Well I'd be up for playing this :)
Jun 1, 2021 9:16 pm
Have both CRB's just have not had a chance to read them yet, but would definitely like to try it out.
Jun 2, 2021 1:13 am
Going to try and get this game set up tomorrow evening (US-Eastern Time) and will send out invites at that time.
Jun 2, 2021 6:52 pm
Game is up and invites have been sent to:

runekyndig, saevikas, crazybirdman, and mcneils5.

I'll keep everyone else "on deck" if they wish.

(Link to game page, in case the invites don't arrive: Falu Four)
Oct 31, 2021 4:22 pm
Looking to add another player to this one; we’ve been the "Falu Three" for far too long….

If interested, just reply here.
Oct 31, 2021 5:29 pm
I have interest. Full disclosure: I've recently jumped into two other FFG SW games here, but I love Star Wars and I love the system, so I'd be more than happy to keep up with three games.
Oct 31, 2021 6:08 pm
Invite sent...

https://gamersplane.com/games/3080/

You do not have permission to post in this thread.