[RELEASED] Image upload

May 31, 2021 5:27 am
Imgur integration is pretty simple. Currently, I'm using the public API which gives about 1,250 image uploads per day. There are a couple of bugs I'd fix in the JS in the existing code. The endpoint for the free endpoint is occasionally temperamental.

They have a zero cost (basic plan) API which allows 100,000 uploads per month. It's a little more work to implement this and I don't imagine we're close to hitting 1,250 image uploads, so I haven't bothered with it.

The free version has this caveat:
The Imgur API is free for non-commercial usage. Your application is probably free if you don't plan on making any money with it, or if it's open source.
Last edited June 17, 2021 8:20 am
Jun 3, 2021 2:37 pm
It's open source and it is free to use, with a donation button, which I don't think counts. Yah, I was planning on adding this with the v2, but we can have it setup for the v1. I can setup an account so that we can track and manage it better.
Jun 15, 2021 11:09 am
Turn the image button into a dropdown. Clicking the button or By URL... does what it does now. Upload to Imgur is a file upload and it then inserts the code into the editor.

https://i.imgur.com/TcFkZrI.png

The code's ready to check-in. If you want to generate/change the Imgur public API key then it's in the JS (although the one in there is just for GP).

You do not have permission to post in this thread.