13th Age character sheet notes

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 19, 2021 6:39 am
All the linebreaks disappear in the notes

https://i.imgur.com/fPqrCTT.png

This is what I copy pased into it
Quote:
Daily Scout Form Shifts: 2
Daily Beast Form Shifts: At-will
Daily Beast Form Aspects: 4
Quote:

Scout Form
Scout forms are magical versions of normal, smaller animals that are useful for scouting, such as bobcats, coyotes, owls, lizards, dire rats, giant spiders, and so on. In scout form, you shouldn’t have any problem slipping through the world without being troubled by any but the most serious defenses. However, you don’t look like a natural animal; there’s something extremely magical about you.

Becoming a small animal isn’t a perfect translation of self. Your humanoid brain doesn’t work the same when you’ve shifted into scout form. You don’t talk. You can’t cast spells. Your magical items and possessions change shape with you, but you don’t get to use them in scout form. You maintain your identity and know who your allies are, but you’re as much an animal as a person while in the form.

--Fighting in Scout Form--
Fighting in scout form should be avoided unless you’re fighting a mundane animal. If you do attempt to fight, your attacker hits you unless he rolls a natural 1, and taking damage this way transforms you back into humanoid form.
Shifting Into Scout Form and Back
Transforming from humanoid or beast form into scout form requires a standard action. To transform back to human form from scout form requires a quick action. A Shifter adept can transform directly from scout to beast form (as a quick action), but a Shifter initiate must transform to human form first. You can only shift once per round. You can stay in scout form as long as you like, or switch back to humanoid form and then back again the next round.

--Using Scout Form Shifts--
Shifting into scout form is a daily, but you can do it at will. You can shift for roleplaying reasons, or for combat reconnaissance. To gain an advantage for an upcoming battle (or one just about to start), using your scout form requires a skill check.

Before rolling initiative, you expend one daily scout form use and roll a skill check to see how successful you were with your combat recon. Depending on the terrain, the weather, and the particular enemies or dangers, the GM will ask you to use an ability score that makes sense for the situation just like any other check, though Wisdom, Dexterity, and Strength are often common choices.

You’ll normally roll against the standard difficulty of the current environment. While in scout form in an adventurer-tier area, the normal check starts at DC 15, a hard check is DC 20, and a ridiculously hard check is DC 25. Champion tier increases the DC by 5, and epic tier by 5 more. Note that a successful check that qualifies for a higher DC gains you the information/advantage for that result, plus any lower results. A normal success or better probably negates any chance of an ambush or surprise by the enemy you’ve scouted.

Failure: Nothing came of your scouting.
Normal success: You gain a +4 bonus to initiative this battle.
Hard success: As a free action at some point during the battle, you can grant one of your allies a reroll on an attack roll or save. That ally must take the new result. You must explain how something that happened while you were scouting contributed to this benefit.
Ridiculously hard success: The GM chooses between giving you a reroll at some point during the battle, or giving you a floating story-guide icon relationship result of 6 with a random icon.
You only need to take one of the two adventurer-tier feats to access the champion-tier feat. You can also take both adventurer-tier feats, if you wish.
Adventurer Feat Your temporary animal background roll is a 1d6 instead of 1d4 + 1, and count a 1 rolled as a 2.
Adventurer Feat A normal success with your combat recon skill check also grants your allies a +2 bonus to initiative this battle.
Champion Feat Rerolls from your combat recon exploits gain a +2 bonus.
Epic Feat You now get two benefits instead of one when you succeed at a ridiculously hard skill check with your scout form.
Jun 19, 2021 9:52 am
Cheers RK.

Note to self.
includes/characters/13thage/n_13thageCharacter.class.php
line 239 - displayAbilitiesTalents
Dec 15, 2021 7:32 am
Fixed. To be deployed.
Dec 15, 2021 1:53 pm
Speaking of 13th age why don't we figure out character sheet integration for this one to @Falconloft
let's start with Abilities looking at this and knowing the System is d20 based I'm assuming that these rolls are 1d20 plus modifier but what should we call each of these rolls?
https://i.imgur.com/83HpDp8.png
the one on top should be called what? and same with the one on the bottom.
For Example we have 1d20-1 we call that Strength ______
and how should we note that?
Once again lets look at another section Attacks, I'm assuming the bold number is a 1d20 roll again and then we have hit and miss can both hit and miss have dice or will you only ever be rolling dice when you hit an enemy and either way do you want the Miss entry to show up on the CharacterSheetIntegration?
The Second part of attacks is this bottom note Javelin of Faith is there any rolls you always want available from that section? or should it just be available Via Snippet like Integration?
https://i.imgur.com/s3plqjQ.png
Finally we have Powers Feats Abilities and Backgrounds/Racial powers should those all show up like snippets?
Dec 15, 2021 2:03 pm
Realized I missed this area of the character sheet is there any rolls over here you'd like to be able to do? the one labled roll seems like an obvious answer 🤣
https://i.imgur.com/ff6XR1h.png
Dec 15, 2021 2:21 pm
Cheers KS. That's helpful, but prioritizing the integrations by just looking at a quick count of character sheets:
https://i.imgur.com/Xnj3Ygj.png

DnD 5e is the most used, but that has pretty good support. Custom integration is as good as can be expected - given that they're custom (although I'd love to hear about improvements). Then star wars ffg but I also think Pathfinder needs some love.

I'm not sure why we don't hear more from the Pathfinder community.
Dec 15, 2021 10:29 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
what should we call each of these rolls?
I didn't notice the @, sorry. Top line is Ability, second line is Modifier, third line is Modifier + level, which is really the one that will always be rolled. HOWEVER [insert complication]...

If we're wanting this to work the best it can, we also need a way to add one of the character's backgrounds to the check, because a background rolled a lot of the time when a skill check is rolled. The easiest way I can think of to do that would be to add a line for each background just like the +lvl line that would add in the level + the background bonus that could be listed in a box to the side (most people won't have more than 3, and if they do they can just list the three most commonly used ones). But, it is the 4th or 5th most used system so if it needs to wait it's fine, just poke me if you need me!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.