Recruitment FFG Star Wars Beginners' Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 19, 2021 7:59 pm
The Game System and Rules Version: FFG Star Wars RPG - Edge of the Empire

The Pitch: A game for those who are new to the FFG Star Wars RPG. I will be running the Edge of the Empire starter module and the characters will be jumping right into the action.

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: None.

Character Restrictions: Anything from the Edge of Empire CORE book is fine. I can also supply pre-made characters if you're just interested in getting a feel for the mechanics of the game.

Game Duration and Post Frequency: We will play the starter module until completion and I have no plans on taking the game any further after that. Looking for people who can post four or five times during the week.

Specialized Software and Resources: None. Character sheets should be kept right here on Gamers' Plane.

Player Experience Requirements: Only players who are NEW to the FFG Star Wars RPG should apply. You should have access to the Edge of the Empire core rulebook as well.

How to Apply: Post below if interested. There is a spot reserved for Squadfather44 (as this was his idea :-)), so I'm looking for three (possibly four) more people. If more than needed apply I will choose from those who expressed an interest.
ESCAPE FROM MOS SHUUTA

It is a period of unrest and opportunity in the galaxy. The Galactic Empire struggles to maintain control in the midst of civil war. Meanwhile, scoundrels and smugglers, explorers and expatriates, and fringers of all types scramble for a living on the edges of galactic civilization. It is a hard life, but these renegades have more freedom and opportunity than any citizen of the Core Worlds.

On the desert world of TATOOINE, a few such renegades have run afoul of a local crime boss, TEEMO THE HUTT. Trapped in the tiny spaceport of Mos Shuuta, the renegades have no choice but to steal a starship and flee Teemo's forces. Fortunately, a suitable starship has recently docked at the landing bay: a freighter called the KRAYT FANG, captained by a Trandoshan slaver named Trex. As they flee through the suns-baked streets, the renegades duck into the local cantina to hide from their pursuers...
Jun 19, 2021 8:46 pm
I am interested in this, never played any SW system before. Also spoke to DarkJedi79 and he is also interested, he will be on in a couple of hours at the most to apply as well.
Last edited June 19, 2021 8:47 pm
Jun 19, 2021 8:53 pm
I'm definitely still interested.
Jun 19, 2021 9:15 pm
I'm also interested in trying out a Star Wars game and this sounds like a perfect way to try it out. I can post almost everyday.
However, I'm unsure if I can get hold of a corebook as it seem to be physical copies only and not available in pdf.
Jun 19, 2021 11:33 pm
Would be nice to get in on a star wars game such as this willing to fill any role as needed -- Rizz I do like that avatar you got is that your kitten?
Jun 19, 2021 11:35 pm
No found the shot surfing Facebook, to cool to pass up lol
Jun 20, 2021 3:41 am
I'm down to try it out. A couple of games I was in just ended and I know nothing about the system. But I've seen all of the movies in theaters.. .except for the newest ones..we won't talk about those.
Jun 20, 2021 3:47 am
I'm interested. I played a game of this once and it got about a dozen posts in, so I think I'm probably safe to be called a newbie.
Jun 21, 2021 7:04 pm
Game is up and invites have been sent to:

Naatkinson, SchadDad, Rizzoxiii, and SquadFather44

I'll keep new players that have applied (or will apply) "on deck" if they wish. If this game goes well (and I don’t see why it wouldn’t) I may run another after this one completes.

(Link to game page, in case the invites don't arrive: Escape from Mos Shuuta)
Jul 2, 2021 10:50 pm
New to the site and interested if a space becomes open!

Len

Jul 5, 2021 6:05 am
I regret missing out on this one :) Not really able to put in the time to properly learn a new system at the moment, but maybe one day! Have a blast everyone!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.