Dragonlance DL1

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 21, 2021 3:55 am
Hello everyone. Our Dragonlance DL1 game has been really good so far. However, due to natural attrition we need to replace 2 to 3 players.

The Game System and Rules Version. We are using 1st edition AD&D
The Pitch. You will be a member of a crew looking to find out whether dragons are real and if the disks of a lost god can restore clerical magic
A single column of light pierces the overhead mists and spreads onto a vast plaza at least 120' feet across. Steady streams from the east and west streets flow into a large pool of water, which in turn empties into a river channeled down the north street. The roar of waterfalls fades to silence, the moss covered ruins that surround the plaza recede into the darkness when a low,
throaty noise rumbles from the entrance of one of the southern buildings.
A huge black creature arches like a cobra on the steps to the building. The plaza stills: it seems as though light and air flee the spot on which the creature stands. The dragon (it must be a dragon: a winged draconian kneels before it) speaks in a low, hissing language from the stairs. Behind the draconian, several dirty forms grovel in the moss, turning their eyes from the glossy black scales.

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: It's Dragonlance and doesn't have any romantic ties at the moment.
Character Restrictions. We are using AD&D first edition characters from scratch. We could use some warriors. Starting at 3rd level.
Game Duration and Post Frequency. We are at the end chapter so a few more weeks and we'll be finished, we post about 3 times a week in general.
Specialized Software and Resources. It would be good if you have access to 1st edition PHB.

Player Experience Requirements. Open to all levels of gaming experience. You will be a team member in a close knit group accepting of all people.

How to Apply. Send a neutral, nuetral good to lawful good character concept to my PM Inbox.
Jun 21, 2021 4:03 am
A good hardy fight would be nice. Can't fly like a dragonfly, but I like hunt for a dragon if one exist.
Jun 21, 2021 5:59 am
Gene, you were already in this game at the beginning and bowed out less than a week later lol.
Jun 21, 2021 6:47 pm
This is the best unintentionally funny thing I've ever seen happen on GP.
Jun 21, 2021 7:46 pm
Let's get this topic back on track. We've all dipped in and out of games, so there's no reason to give anyone grief about having renewed interest.
Jun 21, 2021 8:54 pm
Best of luck filling your game, umbraldragon. I have a nostalgic fondness for my first encounters with Dragonlance, but I’m not able to throw my hat in. I’m sure you’ll have no trouble finding players!
Last edited June 21, 2021 10:26 pm
Jun 24, 2021 1:41 am
I have sent a message with my character pitch.
Jun 24, 2021 2:03 am
More is merry Jomsviking. I have an accepted pitch as well as DeJoker has one running. I have had your characters in other games I believe.
Jun 25, 2021 6:29 am
I love the dragonlance setting. Its the best place to be a warrior in my opinion.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.