*CLOSED* Interest Check - Pulp Adventure! [Cypher]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 24, 2021 3:32 pm
https://i.imgur.com/Q31GNgc.jpg
So, after much pondering, I'd like to take Cypher for a spin, and I thought the best way to learn the system would be by running a simple one-off adventure.
I would like to check interest for a one-off learning game using the Cypher System (I would be using the 'old' version of the book (pre-revision), as it is the one I own and have studied).
[ +- ] This Edition
The tone will be similar to the Indiana Jones adventures and will feature much action, danger and exotic locales. The adventure will begin in San Francisco in 1932.
I am looking for a maximum of 3 active players (to keep it manageable for me) whose characters should already know each other.
It is a modern 1930s setting, and the characters' foci should be realistic (not supernatural or magic), but we can discuss if you have something specific in mind.
The posting frequency I'd like would be about 5 times a week, if possible.

Post your interest and experience with Cypher System below, I will select 3 players among all (if any!) applicants in a few days.
This is a learning game for me, so people starting up with Cypher would be ideal, or more experienced players (if they can bear with a rookie Cypher GM).

Thanks for reading, folks!
Last edited June 26, 2021 6:29 pm
Jun 24, 2021 5:27 pm
I'm interested. I have no experience with the Cypher system. But willing to learn. 1930s is a great settings - even without cthulhu.
Jun 24, 2021 7:51 pm
I'm interested ad well! I am also not really experienced in Cypher system, I've played it once in a PbP on another site, but I am not really familiar with the rules.
Jun 25, 2021 8:14 am
thank you both, had another interested player via PM - keeping this open for a while
Last edited June 25, 2021 8:15 am
Jun 25, 2021 11:33 am
It's an awesome system B. I'm surprised you haven't gotten more people. I'll volunteer for a second string backup if people are new to the system or aren't in a game or a lot of games put them in line ahead of me for priority. Also I'd figure out if you also wanted to let people use Shifts (Steps? It's been a minute) as well.
Jun 25, 2021 11:37 am
I would love some pulp adventure, but I should not start any more games now
Jun 25, 2021 2:31 pm
I am interested. I have read a lot about the Cypher system and GM'd Numenera and No Thank You, Evil. I am interested in seeing it from a players' perspective.
Jun 25, 2021 5:59 pm
Thanks, Remnant and Juggle_Under_Water, both noted
Jun 25, 2021 6:33 pm
Can I just say that Juggle Under Water is an awesome user name.
Jun 26, 2021 6:28 pm
Thanks, you all - I am now closing this thread and sending invites.
To those who didn't get invited this time around, thanks for your interest - I might run this again in the near future and will give you priority!
Last edited June 26, 2021 6:29 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.