*CLOSED* Interest Check: DnD 5e Taldorei Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 25, 2021 3:22 pm
The Game System and Rules Version. D&D 5e

The Pitch - A new story awaits for those who would seize it. In the aftermath of the Chroma Conclaves rampage across Tal'dorei and the drastic political shifts that occurred as a result many people struggle to rebuild and find their place in this new world. The need for heroes has never been greater as new and old threats attempt to exploit the chaos for their own ends.

Will you rise to the challenge of a higher calling and aid in this time of need or will you take a different path.....

This is an existing campaign that I am looking for a couple of new players to join (lost a few players a while back and coming up to a good point for some replacements to jump in). The Party has been doing a few jobs in and around the port town of Stilben.

Game threads are here for those that want to take a look before expressing an interest.

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: - none planned.

Character Restrictions. - Characters will be joining at 5th level. Any races and classes from the PHB, Xanathars, Tasha's, and the Wildmount and Taldorei books will be fine. Options from other WotC published books will be considered (such as Volo's) but please check first. No DM's Guild, UA or other playtest materials will be allowed.

Game Duration and Post Frequency. - there's no current planned end for the campaign and this is quite a relaxed pace for posts (2-3 a week are the expectation)

Player Experience Requirements. - some familiarity with DnD 5e would be beneficial given the level of the characters but you won't need to be an expert.

How to Apply. - express interest on this thread please and then invites will be sent to those picked.
Last edited June 26, 2021 10:00 pm
Jun 25, 2021 4:59 pm
I'd be interested in joining!

I've played some 5e online and irl, and have been playing RPGs since D&D 3.0.

I was thinking of trying out a Rogue, and saw the Wild Card archetype, but I'm not sure if the Legends of Runeterra book it's from is a published WotC material or not? If it isn't, no worries, I'll look at something else.
Jun 25, 2021 5:48 pm
I would love to play!

My thoughts are to play a half-elven Order of Scribes wizard who was once an apprentice to a court wizard, but due to an abrupt change of politics, fled from that kingdom.
Jun 25, 2021 6:32 pm
I have an itch for an arcane trixter, but I rather let a new player have the spot
Jun 26, 2021 10:23 am
I'm in another Tal'Dorei game. But I'm open to more. I can whip up a character to fill any party gaps.

KCC

Jun 26, 2021 11:15 am
How many are you looking for, as a matter of interest?
Jun 26, 2021 12:34 pm
I've never watched Critical Role so don't have much familiarity with the setting BUT I do have a Tabaxi Echo Knight/Monk (character sheet here) that I made for a game that ended almost as soon as it began so I would love it if he found a new adventure.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/4b/dc/c3/4bdcc3b16ddf0ee542b28174f4b3d485.jpg
Jul 6, 2021 1:04 pm
Thanks for the interest everyone, I decided this in the age old tradition of rolling a dice and have extended an invite to SchadDad.

If any more space opens up I'll keep in mind those who also expressed an interest on here for first refusals.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.