Interest Check: Mongoose Traveller 2e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 25, 2021 3:32 pm
The Game System and Rules Version. Mongoose Traveller 2e

The Pitch - This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Mayday, Mayday...We are under attack...
Main drive is gone...Turret number one not responding...
Mayday...Losing cabin pressure fast calling anyone...
Please help...This is Free Trader Beowulf...

...Mayday...

Traveller is a science fiction roleplaying game of bold explorers and brave adventurers. Spaceports, ancient civilisations, air/rafts, cold steel blades, laser carbines, far distant worlds, and exotic alien beasts – this is the futuristic universe of Traveller, the original and classic science fiction roleplaying game.

Come visit the future.

The actual theme of the game will be determined during character creation.

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: - none planned.

Character Restrictions. - Characters will be drawn up together at the start of the game and will be drawn up using the rules in the core rulebook only.

Game Duration and Post Frequency. - Length of the game is yet to be determined. Will be a relaxed pace for posts (2-3 a week would be the expectation)

Player Experience Requirements. - some familiarity with Traveller would be beneficial but not required

How to Apply. - express interest on this thread please and then invites will be sent to those picked.

KCC

Jun 25, 2021 3:36 pm
Would like to give this a go. I think we talked about it on the Discord!
Jun 25, 2021 3:58 pm
I've used the online tool for character creation as a mini-game to pass time. If you need a fill up, let me know.
Jun 25, 2021 4:01 pm
Always wanted to play Traveller! I have the 2e rules but no experience

Len

Jun 25, 2021 4:50 pm
Mcneils, I love Traveller. Thanks for running it. I'd like to put my name in the hat!

Traveller was my first serious roleplaying game I played and owned back in the 80s. I have played the Mongoose 2e version of the rules twice on Gamers Plane, once as a player and once as the referee. It's been a while since I cracked the books open but I'm sure I can get back up to speed in no time.
Jun 25, 2021 4:51 pm
I’ve never played Mong T. I started playing Traveller back in the LBB days and played and GM’d through to TNE.

What setting are you pondering? There are so many things to choose from.
Last edited June 25, 2021 4:53 pm
Jun 25, 2021 5:11 pm
Not sure how many your looking for, but I'm always down for dying during character creation :)
Jun 25, 2021 5:28 pm
Emberskyes says:
I’ve never played Mong T. I started playing Traveller back in the LBB days and played and GM’d through to TNE.

What setting are you pondering? There are so many things to choose from.
It'll be the default setting from this edition of the rules which is mid Third Imperium I beleive.
Jun 25, 2021 5:35 pm
So far we have the following expressing a definite interest:

KCC69
lenpelletier
therecusant
Dr_B
Esidrix

Would probably be happy to take one more player at this point so if anyone else is definitely interested shout out by tomorrow otherwise I'll look to one of the "would be interested if you need an extra person" peeps
Jun 25, 2021 5:36 pm
therecusant says:
Lack of experience isn't an issue - it's a pretty simple system so wouldn't take too much to get to grips with.
Jun 25, 2021 5:37 pm
mcneils5 says:
therecusant says:
Lack of experience isn't an issue - it's a pretty simple system so wouldn't take too much to get to grips with.
Thanks Ref
Jun 25, 2021 6:36 pm
szemely says:
I'll have a go!
Excellent, that's enough people for now - I'll get the game set up later and send the invites out then :)
Jun 25, 2021 6:57 pm
I have interest, but no experience in the system. If you end up with an extra slot, I could take it.
Jun 25, 2021 7:11 pm
May you have better luck than I've been having.
Jun 25, 2021 8:29 pm
Ok the game is set up (here) and invites have been sent to those noted previously
Jun 25, 2021 10:02 pm
Oh, just a bit too slow... If any spots open up, please keep me in mind as an alternate, I'd love to play!
Jun 28, 2021 8:43 pm
Me too! I loved Traveller when I was a kid.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.