Tutorial Series

Jun 28, 2021 5:42 pm
Another project that ties in with the YouTube side of life is the idea of short tutorials. These could be:

- How to make a character and submit it to a game
- How to make a game
- How to cut your own hair and look like a Victorian era asylum patient
- BB Code and text formatting
- Dice rollering like a boss
Any assistance provided would be appreciated. Shout out another topic, or even pitch a bullet-point like script.
Jun 28, 2021 6:06 pm
make small letters and use hex color codes like a true
[ +- ] o.o

On a serious note, bbcode formatting requires patience really. I once had a message written with the letters increasingly growing and changing colors. (lots of free time back then). Seems like we're missing some bbcode functions :/
30 50 100
Last edited June 28, 2021 8:20 pm

Rolls

invoking Adam to get us moar bbcode - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Len

Jun 29, 2021 5:12 am
Topic: How to use the ACP
Script: don't
Jun 29, 2021 12:56 pm
(Assuming I can work out the tech) I could pick up "How to make a character and submit it to a game".

How would I get the video to you Qralloq? Or should I put it on my youtube channel? (I have no preference).
Jun 29, 2021 12:59 pm
It would probably make sense to have it all in one place, so on the GxP channel
Jun 29, 2021 1:00 pm
I don't think it needs to be on my channel. We could certainly link to it from here or in an eventual GUIDES post wherever the videos are to be found.

Edit: I'll likely make a separate YT playlist for the tutorials.
Jun 29, 2021 1:02 pm
I think BoS is probably right - after watching one, people might want to see what other videos are on that channel.

But I think the mp4s can get quite large.
Jun 29, 2021 1:05 pm
We can move data with torrents or file sharing services.

The 100 minute video with Harrigan was about 400MB AS recorded
Jun 29, 2021 1:08 pm
Qralloq says:
We can move data with torrents or file sharing services.
Oh great. More tech to learn.

Nah. I'll just stick it on one of my servers and give you a link to download it. 400 meg is nothing.
Jul 8, 2021 12:53 pm
Sorry, Qralloq. Two work projects just sideswiped me. I'm going to be fighting for air for the next couple of weeks.
Jul 8, 2021 12:59 pm
I added something very quick and dirty and creating a character and submitting it. Extremely bare bones with a focus on getting an avatar to post as. It will be at the tail end of tomorrow's 2 hour episode.

I'll probably do the battlemap tutorial tonight, as a separate stand alone video.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.