Intro game, New Members Only

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 4, 2021 2:12 pm
Hey all,

I'm looking to start a game, possibly 5e, but I'm open to a little discussion on that.

Here's the catch :) I'm looking for 3-4 players who's Member Since Date is June 1, 2021 or later. Bonus points if you haven't been able to join a game yet.

Esidrix
Jul 4, 2021 2:20 pm
That would be me...just created an account today and I am yet to join in any game...hope you would consider me for a game!
Jul 4, 2021 2:27 pm
:D Bingo. Yes, reading your post made me realize I've seen several "I'm new and looking for a game" posts in the last couple weeks, seemed like time to round up some new members before they wandered off.
Last edited July 4, 2021 2:27 pm
Jul 4, 2021 2:47 pm
I think that's an awesome idea, Esidrix! Thank you for doing this :)
Jul 4, 2021 5:59 pm
Good luck on the game, mostly came to make a comment about Members Only Jackets and to date myself by mentioning it.
Jul 4, 2021 8:01 pm
Hi there, new member too.
Apologies for the noobish question but, by 5e you mean D&D?
Jul 4, 2021 9:02 pm
That's correct. 5e is the common term used to refer to the fifth edition of Dungeons & Dragons, the world's most popular roleplaying game, produced by Wizards of the Coast.
Jul 4, 2021 9:49 pm
Great idea Esidrix. Good luck with it!
Jul 5, 2021 2:11 am
Agree with the others -- awesome idea, Esidrix, solid community move!
Jul 5, 2021 2:08 pm
So is there a new thread created for this game already?
Jul 5, 2021 2:32 pm
@Esidrix said he's looking for 3-4 new members. So far he's got @mormegil and @thaniey. He'll probably wait for at least one more to post on this thread before setting up the game.
Jul 5, 2021 5:56 pm
@Jabes.plays.RPG - Correct :)

@mormegil - and Apologies. If I'm starting a game for new players, it might help to pull the process out of the Black Box. Typically once the Recruitment thread hits the number of players the game is looking for, then the GM will go to the 'Games' tab. That allows you to 'Create a New' game, there you can specify number of players, put in a description, etc. Also, for the GM, there is an "Invite Players" Function where you send invites to the players. Once we have a third, or if we get bored waiting on a third, I'll spin up the game and send out invites. Once you accept the Invite, you'll see the Game Thread at the bottom of your 'Forums' page. From there, we'll do character creation, have some OOC (out of character) discussion and then jump into the IC (in character) story.
Jul 5, 2021 6:12 pm
Esidrix says:
@Jabes.plays.RPG - Correct :)

@mormegil - and Apologies. If I'm starting a game for new players, it might help to pull the process out of the Black Box. Typically once the Recruitment thread hits the number of players the game is looking for, then the GM will go to the 'Games' tab. That allows you to 'Create a New' game, there you can specify number of players, put in a description, etc. Also, for the GM, there is an "Invite Players" Function where you send invites to the players. Once we have a third, or if we get bored waiting on a third, I'll spin up the game and send out invites. Once you accept the Invite, you'll see the Game Thread at the bottom of your 'Forums' page. From there, we'll do character creation, have some OOC (out of character) discussion and then jump into the IC (in character) story.
Sorry if I sound too impatient...I am just genuinely interested to know if other new players are around...
Jul 5, 2021 6:14 pm
@mormegil - No worries, you didn't sound impatient, just curious. We're still in a holiday weekend over here in the US. So probably half of GamersPlane is outside enjoying the day off. Tomorrow the boards will get busy again.
Jul 11, 2021 5:33 pm
Just joined today.
Maybe too late to catch this train, but figured it can't hurt to check. :)
Jul 11, 2021 8:09 pm
No sir. I just PM'd the other interested folks yesterday to see who's serious. I'll go ahead and create a game and send out invites. We'll see who we get and go from there.
Jul 11, 2021 8:37 pm
Cool Beans! Look forward to it!
Jul 13, 2021 6:55 pm
We have 4 new folks and we have a game thread ! :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.