Summer 2021 System Pitch and questions for newbies

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 6, 2021 12:53 pm
So GM's throw up interest threads in the Tavern mainly "I want to run a game with this premise or a few different ideas" posts and they run what goes off interest. So if you don't know the system or don't want to play in a group or the premise for the game I assume people don't respond.

Well it's summer time so I'd like to pitch Savage Summer: Not marking down the premise of the game or genre just the system being Savage Worlds SWADE (newest version of the game system) and it'll end at the latest early fall. This will be to check out Savage Worlds for a group or solo play or even (Hey I have those book(s)!) wanting to run something and talk about it. If there's interest I'll create and game and do invites.

So onto the questions do newer users browse through the threads in the tavern and wait for a game to be tossed up they like (this is what I do)? Has anyone thought of, as a player, posting a want a GM and game that they want to play thread and got success?

Like [GM wanted] Want to play RP heavy Dungeon World Game with a talking cat.
Jul 6, 2021 1:06 pm
I just look for a game that plays the system that I know...I don't know anything else to form an own opinion on what game I would like since I haven't experienced playing any game here at all...yet...lol...
Jul 6, 2021 1:18 pm
mormegil says:
I just look for a game that plays the system that I know...I don't know anything else to form an own opinion on what game I would like since I haven't experienced playing any game here at all...yet...lol...
If you had time to learn Savage Worlds is (I think) rules light. I can make a character on a mini sticky note with all the details for them... not the best for record keeping but still possible. Welcome to join if you like when it start but if not that's cool too.
Jul 6, 2021 3:36 pm
Remnant says:
Has anyone thought of, as a player, posting a want a GM and game that they want to play thread and got success?
I did this a few times, including when I initially joined the forum (instead of an introduction, haha). Got into a number of games this way and fast, so I'd call it a decent success. :D Though most of the games were already existing ones.
And one of my relatively recent duet games started because of such a thread, and it's still going - that's a definite success to me. :D

Also, good luck to you with the game!
(...please, someone run a game with a talking cat. Animal games are really uncommon here. Kaiju Savage Worlds, anyone?)
Jul 6, 2021 3:44 pm
Savage Worlds games I'd like to play at some point: The Goon, Flash Gordon, East Texas University.
Jul 6, 2021 4:02 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
Remnant says:
Has anyone thought of, as a player, posting a want a GM and game that they want to play thread and got success?
I did this a few times, including when I initially joined the forum (instead of an introduction, haha). Got into a number of games this way and fast, so I'd call it a decent success. :D Though most of the games were already existing ones.
And one of my relatively recent duet games started because of such a thread, and it's still going - that's a definite success to me. :D

(...please, someone run a game with a talking cat. Animal games are really uncommon here. Kaiju Savage Worlds, anyone?)
If no one bites on Savage worlds there's always pitching Genesys and playing Magical Familiars I guess...
Jul 6, 2021 4:03 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
Remnant says:

If no one bites on Savage Worlds there's always pitching Genesys and playing Magical Familiars I guess...
Jul 6, 2021 10:14 pm
I have tried to find a Pathfinder 1e game and haven't found any luck as of yet.

The two I did find never got past character creation, so I have a fighter for Crimson Throne and a rogue for Mummy's Mask just hanging around looking for work ATM.

Posted once looking for such and have not had any luck.
Jul 7, 2021 2:01 am
Wow, I love Mummy's Mask. I ran it IRL and tried running it here a couple years ago. We finished the first dungeon, and I still have all the maps set up. If you can find a couple more players, it wouldn't be much work for me to run.
Jul 7, 2021 3:04 am
Qralloq says:
Wow, I love Mummy's Mask. I ran it IRL and tried running it here a couple years ago. We finished the first dungeon, and I still have all the maps set up. If you can find a couple more players, it wouldn't be much work for me to run.
That would be great if you could Q. DarkJedi79 would also be interested, so that is 2 right off the bat.
Jul 7, 2021 3:11 am
I'll pitch in for Mummy's Mask.
Jul 7, 2021 3:21 am
Hmm Mummy's Mask sounds so cool. Is that for Pathfinder 1e?
Jul 7, 2021 3:28 am
That's right, first edition Pathfinder.
Jul 7, 2021 3:32 am
That would be cool to play. Assuming Rizzoxiii's Kitten does hog the show. Dang I like that avatar.
Jul 7, 2021 3:27 pm
I just started learning Savage Worlds...just in case I don't get chosen for any 5E game...so if anyone want's a super noob spare player...I'm here...
Jul 8, 2021 12:23 am
GeneCortess says:
That would be cool to play. Assuming Rizzoxiii's Kitten does hog the show. Dang I like that avatar.
Ha I saw it on Facebook and just had to have it lol
Jul 8, 2021 12:33 am
Mummy's Mask is up. Invites extended to Rizzoxiii, DarkJedi79, WhtKnt, GeneCortess. Room for two more.
Jul 8, 2021 4:08 am
mormegil says:
I just started learning Savage Worlds...just in case I don't get chosen for any 5E game...so if anyone want's a super noob spare player...I'm here...
Come join the game, the more the merrier!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.