Interest Check for Harrigan's Next Short-Form Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 6, 2021 4:30 pm
Right, with my Knave game nearing conclusion, I'm starting to think about my next short-form game on GP. Many ideas, as usual, but I've boiled it down to the following:

Barbarians of Lemuria -- prepare for swords, dark sorcerers, vile slavers, merchant princes and all that goes with it. Loincloths required for admittance.

Tiny Dungeon -- minimalist fantasy adventure, likely using one of the spiffy micro-settings in the back of the book. Heritages include humans, fey, dwarves, karhu (intelligent bears), goblins, tree folk, salamar, and lizard folk. Pondering sky ship raider action, where a deadly mist has covered the land and the PCs raid sites that briefly emerge from the mist...

The Dead Are Coming -- survive the zombie apocalypse as long as you can using some light but very well-crafted modern OSR mechanics. Expect combat, resource management, interacting with other survivors, and difficult decisions aplenty.

Blood and Snow -- wonderfully low-tech ice age survival adventure using the Index Card RPG. Fight a cave bear with a stone-tipped spear! No magic, but some neat spirit-world stuff.

Return of the Woodland Warriors -- animal adventurers quest and explore in a world without humans. Play a badger, dormouse, hare, hedgehog, mole, mouse, otter, raccoon, or squirrel as you struggle against an environment filled with wonder and danger. Uses a simple d6-powered OSR mechanic.
Whichever of these I end up firing up, it'll be a limited-run kind of thing -- we'll discuss a duration / milestone to play to at the outset. A scenario or an episode of a potentially longer series, if you will.

Anything look juicy?
Jul 6, 2021 4:35 pm
Bood and Snow looks pretty juicy. I wouldn't be available if you started that one until the end of next week though.
Jul 6, 2021 4:45 pm
As much as I love you as a player and would love to play in a game you run, nothing here is quite for me.
Still, I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a game. Harrigan is a great player and I'm sure just as great of a GM
Jul 6, 2021 5:07 pm
Windyridge says:
Bood and Snow looks pretty juicy. I wouldn't be available if you started that one until the end of next week though.
No worries -- not on any kind of tight timetable, and depending on which game I green-light, there might be a little refreshing / prep on my part as well. Really just looking to see if there's enough interested in any of them...
Jul 6, 2021 5:08 pm
bowlofspinach says:
As much as I love you as a player and would love to play in a game you run, nothing here is quite for me.
Still, I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a game. Harrigan is a great player and I'm sure just as great of a GM
Thanks for the kind words, bowl, and no worries! There will be other games, including the larger Symbaroum thing I'm planning...
Jul 6, 2021 5:13 pm
Zombie survival is a genre I love.

KCC

Jul 7, 2021 3:18 am
Can I apply to all of them? :D

I do like Zombies though!
Jul 7, 2021 4:55 am
KCC69 says:
Can I apply to all of them? :D

I do like Zombies though!
You can, but I won't be running all of them! At least not at the same time. Interested noted, though, with a little extra omph for the zawmbees...
Jul 7, 2021 9:30 am
Woodland Warriors (#1) and BoL (#2) would get my votes!
Jul 20, 2021 9:41 am
I'm throwing my hat in the ring for The Dead are Coming and Blood and Snow, those two sound interesting!
Jul 20, 2021 10:15 am
Sadly I'm unable to participate but just dropping a comment to say it all sounds very cool! Have fun, guys!
Jul 25, 2021 5:42 am
Returning to this, I think I saw the following votes:

Game Windy Sjoyner72 KCC69 KaeJae Unit04
Barbarians of Lemuria - - - X -
Tiny Dungeon - - - - -
The Dead Are Coming - X X - X
Blood and Snow X - - - X
Return of the Woodland Warriors - - - X -

Looks like Blood and Snow and The Dead Are Coming are in the lead, so let's narrow the field to them. Does that change votes for some folks? @KaeJae, does that knock you out totally? Folks who haven't expressed interest yet are welcome to speak up as well -- ideally looking for 3-5 players, depending on the game selected. (The zombie game can support more PCs, I believe.)

To reiterate, this will be a short-form, one-and-done kind of game, likely lasting a few months before wrapping up. Looking for a post a day or so from folks, and I'm happy to teach the two (quite simple) systems.
Jul 26, 2021 12:28 am
Hmm, either of those could be interesting. I've played a lot of ICRPG so that's very familiar territory. On the other hand, I've never been in a zombie apocalypse.... I'm good with either. :)
Jul 26, 2021 5:36 am
I can work with that. Have some travel coming up this week, so it'll probably be the weekend before I get anything stood up. But for those that have expressed interest, stay tuned!
Jul 26, 2021 10:00 am
ooo, late to the party, but Barbarians of Lemuria would get my vote if you're still looking for people
Jul 26, 2021 5:12 pm
Dr_B says:
ooo, late to the party, but Barbarians of Lemuria would get my vote if you're still looking for people
I think that ship has sailed, but I obviously want to run it or it wouldn't be on this little list. Maybe after this next game, which is leaning zombies, I think...
Jul 26, 2021 5:36 pm
After walking zombies and running zombies, now the newest trend: leaning zombies!
Jul 26, 2021 10:06 pm
Quote:
I think that ship has sailed
no worries!
Jul 27, 2021 7:00 am
Dr_B says:
Quote:
I think that ship has sailed
no worries!
...but it's a galley full of ill-mannered slavers, and it will return to these sandy shores! BoL is a fabulous and underrated game, IMO. I will run it at some point.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.