Feature Request: Hide game forums from forum list

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 6, 2021 10:31 pm
I don't know if this was proposed already or if it's even significant enough to ask, but...

I use Game Forums list to keep track of all my games (the one on the bottom of https://gamersplane.com/forums).
I also rarely quit games regardless of whether they are active anymore (for sentimental reasons, and because I want to have access to the old posts without downloading all of them).
As such, said list is full of old forums that never have anything added to them.

It would be nice if I could de-list specific game forums from the forum page. Kinda like it works for retired games, except without removing them from My Games list. Maybe add a small toggle on the game details or on My Games page, enabling which will hide the forum from the forum list?

Alternately, maybe we can get custom forum sorting for the game forums? Right now I believe they are sorted by their ID, but what if we could give them our own sorting order by hand? Put high priority forums on top of the list, for example, drop inactive ones to the bottom. Maybe it can be done by assigning numbers to them - custom IDs that only matter to each player separately?

I know it's probably a silly problem to have and all because I don't like quitting games, but it can be a useful QoL feature, maybe? At least the sorting, I'm not sure how useful just hiding forums is.
(...I just want to shorten the list while indulging sentimentality, I guess. XD)
Jul 7, 2021 3:39 am
Yes, an archive function. I would like that as well
Jul 7, 2021 5:26 am
Yes, that's definitely a feature that would be really useful to a lot of older members, I believe.
Maybe just a change to how retiring games works...
Jul 7, 2021 5:37 am
I hope it is a feature in GP v2
Jul 7, 2021 2:16 pm
A retired game archive would be nice.
Jul 8, 2021 12:41 am
Hm... I can't off the top think of how I could implement that into the current version, but I could work on a system to hide chosen games from the forum list. I kinda wonder if maybe in the next version, games shouldn't be on the forum at all, and you instead access your game forums directly from the game page? A longer conversation I think...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.