[Closed] Keep on the Borderlands and more... (FTD)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 10, 2021 1:19 am
Hey everyone, I've wanted to restart my Five Torches Deep game.

Last time I sort of lost the winds in my sail (as well as probably made the mistake of starting the players too far from their objectives, which turned the adventure into a series of CON checks to avoid becoming fatigued as the players travelled...).

This time around, I've decided to play some old classics update to 5th edition, and have the players start at the Keep on the Borderlands, and tackle the Caves of Chaos, find the Caverns of Quasqueton, and explore the various areas of interests around the keep before eventually tackling another classic such as The Isle of Dread, Castle Amber, or The Lost City...

I'll be borrowing the setting of Mystara with some slight changes (no more hunting dwarves and halflings by law in Glantri so as to make it easier on the players to go explore Castle Amber).

I'll require 8 players total and have already sent invites to my old group, so depending on how many of them answer the call, I'll have 2+ spaces left.

This will definitely bee OSR style play. If you roll a bad character, I suggest you be ready to roll a replacement for it soon (or prepare one in advance). Rulings over rules, high character mortality rate, hire followers when you can, be specific when describing when you search for traps, treasures, try to open that secret door, etc.
Last edited July 30, 2021 4:09 pm
Jul 10, 2021 4:33 am
I'm not familiar with FTD, but if it's pretty easy to pick up, I'd definitely be interested.
Jul 10, 2021 2:47 pm
It is. Imagine D&D 5e stripped to its bare bones component, with some OSR sprinkled on top.
Jul 10, 2021 4:41 pm
Okay, if you have room, count me in.
Jul 10, 2021 6:47 pm
WhtKnt says:
Okay, if you have room, count me in.
Invite sent!
Jul 12, 2021 11:04 pm
Just going to up this. I still have at least 1 place left. Also, if you were in my old FTD game, I've also sent you an invite (minus one obvious exception due to recent circumstances...), so be sure to check your inbox!
Jul 17, 2021 8:02 pm
Most of my old players have contacted me, though at least one is not sure he'll have enough time to play in my game, so this still leaves me with about 3-ish spots left open. I'd like to start adventuring with a party of at least 6, but preferably more...
Jul 21, 2021 2:00 pm
@ Zethrie: If you read this, I've accepted your application and sent you a message via PM earlier in the week. Are you still interested? If so, pease give some signs of life.
Jul 25, 2021 4:42 am
Signal-boosting this again. I've just started the game with 5 players, but there is still time to introduce new players if any of you are interested.
Jul 25, 2021 8:19 am
It's fun. One can get Traveller-grade fun in character creation ;D
Jul 25, 2021 9:02 am
Ok, I'm sold. If you still have room, I'd like to play.
Jul 25, 2021 3:19 pm
@ the_puppeteer: Invite sent.
Jul 29, 2021 5:50 pm
All my slots have been filled.

thanks for everyone showing interfest in this game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.