Data Pad One - Character Example Templates

Jul 13, 2021 9:06 pm
In the next few days, I'll be posting some character templates: one human, two aliens, and one droid. They will be in support of the type of game that this will be; mercenary/mystery. I've been told that my drawings on MS Paint are only semi-good, so please don't laugh too much when they're posted. Thank you.
Jul 14, 2021 12:58 am
Some Unusual Suspects...Stay Tuned...
https://i.imgur.com/hOMfZpR.png
Jul 14, 2021 5:06 pm
Table

Part One - The Crew Of "The Outhouse Mouse" (Backgrounds)
Part Two - Jor Tangu’s Stats (Human)
Part Three - Kiln Cantu and Retahka’s Stats (Aliens)
Part Four - Pancake’s Stats (Droid)
Part Five - "The Outhouse Mouse" Inside and Out

Part One - The Crew Of "The Outhouse Mouse"

My name is Jor Tangu, and I was raised as a Mandalorian of Clan Vizsla, whatever’s left of it. What faction you ask? Don’t know. My people are scattered and have been for decades. The fall happened when I was twelve, and after my father died, I inherited his armor. I’ve been doing merc work for the past 14 years.

That’s really enough about me for now. I’m here to introduce you to the crew of "The Outhouse Mouse," our Nova Drive 3Z, which appears to be a bit beat up, but the Mouse is still full of surprises. Our story goes back to me partnering up with Kiln Cantu, a pilot from Duros. The mission was to grab a fugitive out of a jungle hut and wouldn’t you know it, but after grabbing the target and getting him aboard, as we were closing the ramp, a mouse scurried out of the target’s latrine house and ran aboard our ship, which at the time wasn’t named. After that, Cantu and I named the ship "The Outhouse Mouse" which was our mascot for a long time. It became official when we bought it and got it off lease and now the transponder is labeled as The Outhouse Mouse. We were pretty excited about it even if you’re not.

What’s Cantu like? Well, if you can get past some of his pedantic tendencies, he’s a good guy - though you don’t want to tell him his vest looks like a life preserver because he’ll think you’re criticizing his piloting and insinuating he’ll crash land everyone in water. He’s a pilot. It’s irritating to be told twice that he’s a pilot, isn’t it? Yeah, if you’re on this ship at any point as a passenger or join our crew, he’ll let you know several times a day that he’s a pilot, very important, and not only that, but among the best pilots in the galaxy.

Cantu and I aren’t the only ones making up this crew. Next is Retahka. Retahka is worried about her age. She turns 20 years old in a few lunar cycles. Says she’s getting old. Cantu is more than double her age and tells her, "Yeah, just you wait." Cantu and I rescued her from slavers two years ago outside Ord Drespa. Her family is originally from Rodia, but she was born a slave and worked down in the mechanical sections of the slave transport she lived aboard until we killed its captain and gave her the choice of freedom from slavery, or a job with us. She accepted the job, and I don’t know if she’ll ever leave now. What’s she like? She’s a hot head. Don’t make the mistake of calling her 2-0 or you’ll have to deal with the consequences. She can speak basic, but when she gets mad, she reverts back to Rodese. Her universal sign of her getting angry is putting up her suction cupped index finger and shaking it with her other hand on her hip. It’s her "one" warning, and our "one" chance. Despite her being immature and a bit lazy at times, she is one of the best and most gifted ship engineers I’ve ever worked with. Hopefully she’ll mature and even out a bit, but it won’t happen anytime soon. She’s got more clothes and shoes than anyone on the ship.

Next up is easily the most pleasant individual to deal with aboard the Mouse, and that would be Pancake. Pancake is a Holowan Mechanicals IG-Series Assassin Droid, an unspecified model who refused to carry out kill orders and was likely scrapped as a result. He refuses to kill. We found Pancake in a dump on Nar Shadda, scattered across about 100 square meter area in five pieces. Who did this to him? Don’t know and neither does Pancake. I know what you’re thinking. So, if Pancake doesn’t want to kill, then what does he do? His objective or passion appears to be cooking and baking. Pancake’s prized possessions are a spatula flipper that he can grip and manipulate (he’s crushed others by accident), his happy apron and a chef’s hat that has a heart on it, and one of Cantu’s recipe datacards, all purchased by him or gifts from the crew. Pancake has prepared some of the best food I’ve had on ship. He’s gentle (tries to be as big and strong as he is), concerned for us, grateful for his rescue, and has no clue of his design capabilities even though I see ports for grenade launchers, rocket darts, and a flame thrower. When we last set down on Corellia, he wanted to go get supplies but was worried he was going to get mugged. Yeah, that’s not likely. What did he do? He asked the 19 year old 50 kg soaking wet Rodian girl to go with him to make him feel safer, and he admittedly because he was lonely. Pancake has no idea that when he accompanies us into more seedy areas for a job, we don’t seem to run into people trying to take advantage of us nearly as often. Cantu is waiting for the day that he goes berserk and kills all of us with spatula, but I think it would have happened already if it was going to. It’s true, he can be a bit emotionally unstable, worried about things like not being able to blink, having ubiquitous gaze and scaring people with it, stepping on smaller creatures (pretty much everyone) and often needs some kind of reassurance that everything’s okay. In a way, he’s very much like a child, but one who behaves way too well.

They’re crabby, quirky, annoying, and a pain to be cooped up around, but they’re family. We all have each other’s backs. If you’re looking to do merc work, you’re going to be going up against some of the worst the galaxy has to offer, and despite how bad some of these people are, they all manage to have friends as bad as they are. So, you’re going to have to find some good...no, actually...okay is probably a better description..You’re going to have to find some "okay" people to have your back when you’re outnumbered and outgunned. Okay in the sense that you may actually grow on each other before you have the chance of stabbing each other in the back.
Jul 17, 2021 4:05 pm
Part Two - Jor Tangu’s Stats (Human)

https://i.imgur.com/ASTgby0.png
Jor Tangu
Type: Mandalorian Scout/Mercenary
Gender/Species: Male Human
Height: 1.78 meters
Weight: 80 kg
Description: Human male with average build and height. Most of the time he is seen in Mandalorian light scout armor. In the times he’s without his helmet, he is clean shaven, has brown hair and eyes, and keeps his hair cut in a closed cropped military fashion.

DEXTERITY 4D
Blaster 6D (+2D), Dodge 5D (+1D), Firearms 5D (+1D), Grenade, Melee Combat, Melee Parry, Vehicle Blasters
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien Species, Bureaucracy, Planetary Systems, Streetwise, Survival, Value
MECHANICAL 2D+2
Astrogation, Beast Riding, Repulsorlift Operation, Space Transports: Nova Drive 3Z(s) 3D+2, Starship Gunnery: Nova Drive 3Z(s) 3D+2, Starship Shields
PERCEPTION 2D
Bargain, Con, Hide, Search, Sneak 4D (+2D)
STRENGTH 3D+1
Brawling, Lifting, Stamina, Swimming
TECHNICAL 3D
Armor Repair: Mandalorian Armor 4D, Computer Programming/repair, Demolitions, First Aid
Character Points: 5
Force Sensitive?: No
Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 0
Move: 10
Equipment: Mandalorian Scout Armor (+2D Phys, +1D+2 En, no Dexterity penalties), helmet comlink, sensor pod: +2D to search, blaster pistol 4D, Sporting Blaster Rifle 4D+1, 2 fragmentation grenades (5D), 1000 credits

Comments: I used the Outlaw template on page 276 of the Core Rules, R&E for inspiration in making Jor’s stats. The Outlaw template met all the Human attribute min/max requirements listed on page 30 of the Core Rules, R&E. Archaic Weapons was switched out for Firearms. Security was switched out for Armor Repair. Other than that, the template remains relatively the same minus the gear difference. For Jor’s armor, I used Boba Fett’s armor for inspiration (very much toned down) on page 65 of the Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition.

Math Involved:
Attributes 4D, 3D, 2D, 2D, 3D, 3D, and 1D (for the pips) = 18D attribute dice
Skills: Blaster +2D, Dodge +1D, Firearms +1D, Sneak +2D = 6D to skills
Specializations: Space Transports and Starship Gunnery (Nova Drive 3Z), Armor Repair (Mandalorian Armor) = 3 specializations for the cost of 1 skill dice. (each specialization grants a 1D bonus to the skill from the Attribute base).
Jul 19, 2021 3:02 am
Part Three - Kiln Cantu and Retahka’s Stats (Aliens)

https://i.imgur.com/jMBCI7m.png
Kiln Cantu
Type: Freighter Pilot/Spacer
Gender/Species: Male Duros
Height: 1.89m
Weight: 90 kg
Description: Middle aged Duros male pilot who typically wears spacers fatigues or piloting jumpsuits. He is the captain of The Outhouse Mouse.

DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 4D, Brawling Parry, Dodge 4D, Melee Combat, Vehicle Blasters
KNOWLEDGE 2D
Alien Species, Business, Cultures, Intimidation, Planetary Systems, Streetwise, Survival, Value, Willpower
MECHANICAL 4D
Astrogation 6D, Communications, Repulsorlift Operation, Sensors 6D, Space Transports 6D, Starfighter piloting, Starship Gunnery 6D, Starship Shields 6D
PERCEPTION 3D
Command, Con, Gambling, Persuasion, Search, Sneak
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling, Stamina, Swimming
TECHNICAL 3D
Blaster Repair, Droid Repair, Repulsorlift Repair, Space Transport Repair
Dark Side Points: 0
Equipment: Blastech DL-22 blaster pistol (4D+1), comlink, flight suit, spacer clothes, 500 credits, key to captain’s quarters aboard The Outhouse Mouse

Comments: I used the Brash Pilot template on page 269 of the Core Rules, R&E for inspiration in making Kiln’s stats. All of the template’s attributes were within the minimum/maximum for the Duros species (per page 39-40 of Galaxy Guide 4, Alien Races). Little was changed with the exception of changing starfighter repair to space transport repair as well as the addition of some knowledge skills to reflect the age and worldliness beyond what the template would offer.

Math Involved:
Attributes: 3D, 2D, 4D, 3D, 3D, 3D = 18D
Skills: Blaster, Dodge, Astrogation, Sensors, Space Transports, Starship Gunnery, Starship Shields (blaster and dodge receive +1D for 2 dice spent, whereas astrogation, sensors, space transports, starship gunnery, and starship shields all fall under the character creation rules of Duros Starship Intuition, one of their story factors on page 40 of the Galaxy Guide 4, Alien Races). 2D regular skills + 5D starship intuition skills = 7D

Specializations: none

https://i.imgur.com/vYAprAj.png
Retahka
Type: Space Transport Engineer
Gender/Species: Female Rodian
Height: 1.63m
Weight: 46 kg
Description: Small framed and wiry Rodian girl who typically favors speed suits and jump suits.

DEXTERITY 4D
Blaster, Brawling Parry, Dodge, Grenade, Melee Combat, Melee Parry, Vehicle Blasters
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Cultures, Languages, Streetwise, Survival, Value
MECHANICAL 2D+1
Astrogation, Beast Riding, Repulsorlift Operation, Space Transports, Starship Gunnery 3D+1, Starship Shields 3D+1
PERCEPTION 3D+1
Bargain, Con, Gambling, Hide, Search, Sneak 4D+1
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling, Climbing/jumping, Lifting, Stamina, Swimming
TECHNICAL 2D+1
Computer Programming/repair, Demolitions, Droid Programming, Droid Repair 4D+1, First Aid, Repulsorlift repair, Security, Space Transports Repair 4D+1
Dark Side Points:
Equipment: Blastech DT-12 (5D+1), dress clothes (lots), shoes (lots), spacer’s fatigues, 5 credits, key to first mate’s quarters of The Outhouse Mouse

Comments: I used the Mon Calamari template on page 275 of the Core Rules, R&E for inspiration in making Retahka’s stats (with some major changes). The first thing I wanted to see was whether or not the Mon Calamari template’s attributes were in line with the Rodian min/max guidelines on page of 215 of the CRR&E. The Mon Cal template’s Knowledge and Technical attributes were outside the maximum ranges of the Rodian attribute guidelines, so dice were adjusted accordingly. Next, all of the ship board skills were left, but many of the knowledge skills, weapons training, and perception skills were grafted off to reflect her life as a slave.

Math Involved:
Attributes: 4D+3D+2D+3D+3D+2D+1D(1D for the pips) = 18D
Skills: Space Transports Repair +2D, Droid Repair +2D, Sneak +1D, Starship Shields +1D, Starship Gunnery +1D = 7D
Rodians don’t have any skill adjustments at character creation; they’re just known to have the reputation of being nasty and mean based on their story factors.
Specializations: none

Thread locked