Editing Question

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 16, 2021 4:42 pm
I've noticed in some threads that in member comments, if the member edited their post, it show when and how many times the author edited their comment. Is this only when something is erased or changed in the previous text, but not if additional information is edited into the text? Does anyone know how this is determined?

How important is this? Not very. I'm just curious.

Thanks!
Jul 16, 2021 4:45 pm
It always shows up when you edit your post, no matter what you do.

The only exception is GMs in a game. They can edit their posts without it showing up.
Jul 16, 2021 4:47 pm
bowlofspinach says:
It always shows up when you edit your post, no matter what you do.

The only exception is GMs in a game. They can edit their posts without it showing up.
Okay. I think that's what I'm seeing. Thanks bowlofspinach!
Jul 16, 2021 5:07 pm
It has been suggested that only the GM needs to know if a post has been edited and this is just clutter.
Jul 16, 2021 5:17 pm
What might make it more convenient is if the "unread" icon triggers if a post was edited. I think there is still value in having everyone know when an edit occurred, but having them push the forum up in the Latest Posts page visually cues everyone that something changed since they last looked.
Jul 16, 2021 5:19 pm
maybe add it as a game setting?
Jul 16, 2021 5:21 pm
CancerMan says:
What might make it more convenient is if the "unread" icon triggers if a post was edited. ...
Then there could be system for marking an edit as 'minor' so it does not notify people. We probably don't want icons for 'their -> they're' type edits.
Jul 16, 2021 5:25 pm
vagueGM says:
CancerMan says:
What might make it more convenient is if the "unread" icon triggers if a post was edited. ...
Then there could be system for marking an edit as 'minor' so it does not notify people. We probably don't want icons for 'their -> they're' type edits.
It would probably make more sense to require someone to mark the edit as major, that way people who don't know about the feature don't always notify people :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.