Overwatch

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 10, 2016 9:26 pm
With the open beta of Overwatch winding down, I thought I'd ask if anyone here played it? I haven't had that much fun in an FPS in a very long time. I spent several hours playing over the past several days and even had something like 3-4 days (5?) in a row where I stayed up well past my normal bedtime for "just one more match".

www.playoverwatch.com/
May 10, 2016 9:28 pm
Oh yes, I'm in the same boat. I lost track of time most of those nights and stayed up WAY too late. I am definitely getting it when it comes out officially.
May 10, 2016 11:59 pm
I logged into Battle.net this evening just to make sure. Alas, the beta is, in fact, over.
May 11, 2016 12:43 am
I loved it. I'm not that great at it, but I still loved it.

I hate going against Bastion, though....friggin turret mode bull.......
May 11, 2016 1:08 am
I thought it was fun, though as usual, this is not the style of game I enjoy playing solo. I don't think it's worth my buying though, at least not at the $60 that most AAA games price at.
May 11, 2016 1:10 am
You can get it for 40 on the website, but it won't have the extras that come with the other two packs.

Personally, that's the one I'll be getting, most likely.
May 11, 2016 1:22 am
Yah, extras really never got me; but even at $40, it doesn't seem like something I'd get enough enjoyment/play time off of. Like I said, I enjoy these types of games with groups more than solo. I think specially as I don't have an RL gaming group right now, playing an otherwise group game solo just feels boring.
May 11, 2016 1:39 am
I agree that playing this with a group is superior. I do my online gaming with Sturmgrenadier -- a group I joined in 2006 when I was playing WW2 Online and Planetside. I appreciated that in these games they wanted to be organized and professional in approach, but not so super hyped up on octane that you had to be godly to play. It's a solid group of folks who like computer games and charge $12/year in order to keep out the riff raff (and people who aren't old enough to have a credit card) and help pay for the teamspeak server, etc.

Definitely worth checking out if you're looking for a gaming crew. The name comes from the fact they always played the Germans in WW2 Online since they were the underdogs in that game. As a general rule, we pick an underdog faction whenever we enter a new game.

Anyway, during the beta, I almost never had to go without a partial group -- and frequently had a full group. Some members are more focused on the outright fun, some were a little more competitive, but it was generally a good time.
Last edited May 11, 2016 1:41 am
May 11, 2016 12:08 pm
I had fun with the beta (Xbox one version) im ultra competative with these types of games so I raged hard against some characters, tracer, mei and genji are way too op, I usually had to hard counter those (cept genji), Roadhog for tracer (Satisfying as hell to hook and 1 shot her) and junkrat for Mei (any long range really JR was my favourite), the game does have massive flaws tho and the price tag is too much for said game as it is now, one thing I really dislike is play of the games as 75% of the time i've done better (not to toot my own horn but 5 eliminations in a short span loses to a bastion double kill :/ but anyway lol)

overall the beta was either bullshit or awesome depending how I did lol
May 23, 2016 9:26 pm
Launch day!

...and tomorrow is Total War: Warhammer! Hooray for an up-coming three day weekend!
Jul 6, 2018 6:43 pm
I've recently gotten back into Overwatch pretty hard and was wondering if anyone else still plays?
Jul 6, 2018 8:20 pm
Yup! I tend to do a few matches of mystery heroes every night. Dramasailor#1450
Jul 6, 2018 10:02 pm
I do my arcade wins for the free loot boxes. And at some point, I need to do the placement matches for season 11 comp. Otherwise, I don't play too much anymore. No one is interested in playing as a team, and the LFG function hasn't really resolved that in plat level. At least not that I've seen.

If you play on PC I'm Grumo#1246.
Jul 7, 2018 2:00 am
Added you guys. I'm Kithys#1204
Oct 16, 2018 8:41 am
Why don't you try some other games?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.