[CLOSED] Interest Check: Avatar Legends the RPG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 7, 2021 2:35 am
I am looking for 3-4 players for an Avatar Legends game.

Avatar Legends is an RPG by Magpie games, set in the world of Avatar and Legend of Korra. The game is not published (there is a KS due to finish in September) but the quickstart can be got from here and should be enough to run a shortish campaign.

The game is Pbta based and seems to draw a lot from Magpie's Masks: A New Generation, a game I'm very fond of, so I'm expecting good things from this new game.

Game style
If you know the settings then you can probably guess the style a mix of wushu action, genre specific magic (bending) with a mix of light hearted comedy combined with adolescent angst.

Game scope and length

We will decide this together. The quick start comes with an adventure and pre generated characters, but we don't have to use any of those. Character generation is simple and I'm willing to come up with a story as we go along.

Required experience and knowledge

None. I will accept anyone who's willing to give the game a try. If you think you might like Pbta and have never tried, this might be for you. If you don't know much about the Avatar universe, you're welcome as well. I don't think there are any ideas that require a deep knowledge of the media.

Post rate and commitment

I'm pretty flexible on this, but I feel that a rate of about 3-4 posts a week is necessary to keep interest in a game alive. The only thing that I do ask is that you keep us up to date with your status. It's ok to leave the game if you're not enjoying it, but ghosting without saying anything is not considerate of your fellow players.

Post here or PM if you'd like to join or have any questions.
Last edited August 14, 2021 10:05 am
Aug 7, 2021 2:39 am
Disclaimer: I've run Pbp games before, but this is my first time running in Gamers Plane. There might be some kinks to iron out in the game as I get used to GP.
Last edited August 7, 2021 2:40 am
Aug 7, 2021 5:45 am
I'm definitely interested as well!
[ +- ] Sidenote
Aug 7, 2021 11:53 am
I am very interested.

What era is this set in?
Aug 7, 2021 10:25 pm
Carabas says:
What era is this set in?
We will decide that as a group
Aug 8, 2021 12:48 am
I'm up for it if you need a filler seat, bench me if you have a new player that's chomping at the bit to play though.
Aug 8, 2021 2:45 am
The game is full up, but if I have anyone drop from it I will definitely offer the space to anyone who put interest in this thread first.

If a space comes up @Remnant, you'll have the first right of refusal.
Aug 13, 2021 12:54 am
Do I have to hand in my grumpy old adult card if I admit to loving Korra. I would also be interested if a spot opens.
Aug 13, 2021 5:35 pm
For the record, I would love to join one of these games if they come up as well.

Maybe there is enough interest if someone wanted to GM a 2nd game?
Aug 14, 2021 4:34 am
I am interested in playing as well. I've backed the KS and am currently learning PbtA games and how to GM them, so maybe by release date I could give it a go myself.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.