can't edit my PROFILE

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 28, 2021 1:12 pm
Hi all,

I registered a while ago and had the same problem, lost interest, now I see I have the same issue.

whenever I try to access my profile from the button in the upright corner close to "Links" I get redirected to the page but it never finishes loading, it continues being greyed out, with the hexagonal logo superimposed that keeps changin form orange to white, seemingly still "loading" something.

I tried cleaning browser cache, I have the issue from Windows 10 using both Firefox and Chrome, from 2 different devices; also from Chrome for Android, same issue.
Everything else seems to work fine

thanks for the reply

EDIT
same thing happens if I click on my username from this post
Last edited August 28, 2021 1:13 pm
Aug 28, 2021 1:14 pm
Hey buddy. I think we’ve seen this before.

Are you European, and the day of your birthday is greater than 12?
Aug 28, 2021 1:17 pm
Yes to both of those
Aug 28, 2021 1:20 pm
Arrr. I thought so. Our European dd/mm/yyyy thing confuses American databases. The gaffer should be able to fix it on the database. We really should fix that bug.
Aug 28, 2021 1:22 pm
ok, do I need to do anything? two years ago I was left with a "I'll look into it" and no one came back :D
Aug 28, 2021 1:26 pm
Ouch. The admins are all volunteers and members like us. Sometimes balls get dropped.

The site’s owner has just messaged me that he’s looking into this now.

Hang tight, mate.
Aug 28, 2021 1:31 pm
no worries, life happened and the time to play vanished at the time.
for the moment I thank you very much for the quick replies!
Aug 28, 2021 1:33 pm
Heh. No worries. I think the admins are pretty good here. I think Bowlofspinach is permanently connected - like she has a GP intravenous drip or something.

I see by your user id that your account is older than mine (your userid is 3911 and mine is 5988). For what it's worth, I think that bug has been fixed for new users.

What brings you back? What sort of games are you looking for?
Aug 28, 2021 1:37 pm
either narrative-driven, rules-light games or D&D 5e, which I know so well that the abundance of rules is not an issue
Aug 28, 2021 1:40 pm
I'm always online but I have no idea about anything technical. So I can do nothing but watch this and hope someone else can fix it 😄
Aug 28, 2021 1:41 pm
I play only 5e, and don't really know much about other systems. Bowlofspinach runs a tutorial game for Tales from the Loop. I think people don't have to wait long to find games on GP.
Aug 28, 2021 1:44 pm
Will someone give this person a cookie for patience and persistence? Bowl, fire up the oven!

On a sidenote, getting on Discord might have helped a bit Aironfabio. ;) Either way, it's the hangout spot pretty much.
Aug 28, 2021 1:49 pm
Antiproduct says:
Will someone give this person a cookie for patience and persistence? Bowl, fire up the oven!

On a sidenote, getting on Discord might have helped a bit Aironfabio. ;) Either way, it's the hangout spot pretty much.
I'm going to sound old but I kinda miss the days when it was just forums, and not "forum + discord + a couple of social media outlets".
Honestly the last few years have been so hectic that when I thought "oh yeah, there was that cool site for play-by-posts, I looked it up a few months ago" and then now I see it was 2018. Jeez
Aug 28, 2021 1:50 pm
Aironfabio says:
I'm going to sound old but I kinda miss the days when it was just forums, and not "forum + discord + a couple of social media outlets".
Agreed. :)
Aug 29, 2021 12:10 am
I've swapped the birthday. We'll work on a fix for it, and in general, I think it's best we keep the forums as the main source.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.